Chelsea vs West Ham Match Thread (Streams in 1st post)

Old Match Day Threads, Current one is under 'Football talk'
BlackDiamond

Re: Chelsea vs West Ham Match Thread (Streams in 1st post)

Postby BlackDiamond » Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:57 pm

downunda wrote:Would have been different if Byram had have been on from the start

Let's hope somebody learns from this
0 x

palerider

Postby palerider » Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:03 pm

Costa would have been unlucky to get a second yellow. If it was one of ours we'd be saying different.

We deserved nothing and got nothing.

Plus points. The left back was ok. Byram did well when he came on apart from one misplaced pass.

Carroll with no service is about as useful as tits on a fridge. And more worryingly I can see the first signs of Bilic not knowing what he's doing. Playing Antonio at right-back in the first place. But taking him off instead of swapping him with Valencia just reeks of utter stubborn-ness. He's saying he's a right-back and nothing else. That said, trying to dribble out of your own area is just a brainless whether you're a winger or not and Antonio isn't blameless.

Nordtveit gave one of the worst performances I've seen from a West Ham player. And even half-fit, the fact that Payet gave us an option saw us more of a threat than the first three-quarters of the game. Three holding midfielders is Allardyce territory. Don't even think about it again.

Chelsea are good. Top four easily. And it's early days for us. We'll improve. But ffs Bilic, hopefully the penny's dropped. Don't make me start calling you a cunt and wanting you out.
1 x
It's not the principle. It's the money.

JustLikeMyDreams

Postby JustLikeMyDreams » Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:10 pm

I am a bit tender now.
Hope it kicks our whole club up the arse for the rest of the season!
We need to improve and fast.I think we will as Slav is no mug in my eyes.
But we were played off the park in midfield and the defence was put under intense pressure tonight.There was zero creativity in the centre or from wide and after the first 10 mins we were just hanging on.
We some how managed to get a undeserved equaliser,but as I just said it was undeserved.It is still gutting to loose to as Costa should have gone for the foul on Adrian
0 x

ryanguitarhammer

Postby ryanguitarhammer » Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:11 pm

Thank fuck Kouyate was there tonight, Noble and Nordtveit were dog shit tonight.
0 x

Hildreth_1101

Postby Hildreth_1101 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:12 pm

I hate to say it, but Bilic has to take responsibility here - He was brilliant last season but he's totally fucked up tonight. Forget the 2 Red cards Chelsea should have had - We were poor and deserved nothing.

Negative formation from the outside, went with the negative 4-1-2-3 that turned into a defensive 4-5-1 with Andy Carroll at LM when it was apparent Valencia was fucking useless.

Antonio at RB - Finally corrected it when we'd already conceded a Penalty because he played him out of position AGAIN but then SUBBED him off - We had Valencia doing fuck all and Antonio was one of our biggest threats going forward last season aside from Dimi, and he subs him off - Destroyed that lads confidence, I won't be surprised if he's gone before September. Byram did decent - Not amazing, got turned once by Hazard (who wouldn't be?) then kept him quiet, couple of loose passes but overall he looks like a good RB, imo he can grow into the solution to our RB problem. If Bilic doesn't start him next game, I'll be upset.

Nordvietd was awful, several poor touches nearly cost us, Tore was anonymous. Unlucky for Ayew to get injured, hope it isn't serious.

Bilic has gotten this Antonio situation horribly wrong. Taken our best right midfielder/winger and shattered his confidence, brought people like Tore who I don't rate at all to play his position.Sometimes football seems hard looking from the outside inwards, we don't know what happens behind the scenes like Bilic does but my god he's handled this situation poorly and got it totally wrong. I am just one pissed off hammer tonight. :evil:
5 x

dagenhamdave

Postby dagenhamdave » Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:12 pm

palerider wrote:Costa would have been unlucky to get a second yellow. If it was one of ours we'd be saying different.

Plus points. The left back was ok. Byram did well when he came on apart from one misplaced pass.

Carroll with no service is about as useful as tits on a fridge. And more worryingly I can see the first signs of Bilic not knowing what he's doing. Playing Antonio at right-back in the first place. But taking him off instead of swapping him with Valencia just reeks of utter stubborn-ness. He's saying he's a right-back and nothing else. That said, trying to dribble out of your own area is just a brainless whether you're a winger or not and Antonio isn't blameless.

Nordtveit gave one of the worst performances I've seen from a West Ham player. And even half-fit, the fact that Payet gave us an option saw us more of a threat than the first three-quarters of the game. Three holding midfielders is Allardyce territory. Don't even think about it again.

Chelsea are good. Top four easily. And it's early days for us. We'll improve. But ffs Bilic, hopefully the penny's dropped. Don't make me start calling you a cunt and wanting you out.

I agree, Nordtveit, Tore, terrible, Reid and the rest were pretty bad, AC worked hard and was probably our best of shit tonight.
0 x

LeeWHU88

Postby LeeWHU88 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:15 pm

Very good post. Just to add my thoughts to your points....

palerider wrote:Costa would have been unlucky to get a second yellow. If it was one of ours we'd be saying different.

Plus points. The left back was ok. Byram did well when he came on apart from one misplaced pass. Left back done well, felt he was let down by Valencia not trackig back and helping him out in that 1st half

Carroll with no service is about as useful as tits on a fridge. And more worryingly I can see the first signs of Bilic not knowing what he's doing. Playing Antonio at right-back in the first place. But taking him off instead of swapping him with Valencia just reeks of utter stubborn-ness. He's saying he's a right-back and nothing else. That said, trying to dribble out of your own area is just a brainless whether you're a winger or not and Antonio isn't blameless. 100%, Why he persists with him at RB is anyone's guess, Antonio's head had dropped so I can see why he took him off but I would of pushed him up the pitch and let him try and get over it by doing what he's done his whole career, take the useless Valencia off for Byram.

Nordtveit gave one of the worst performances I've seen from a West Ham player. And even half-fit, the fact that Payet gave us an option saw us more of a threat than the first three-quarters of the game. Three holding midfielders is Allardyce territory. Don't even think about it again. Again, Spot on, needs to improve rapidly and get used to the english game, the whole midfield struggled with Chelsea's pressing game but he looked well off the pace.

0 x

IRON-MAN ⚒

Postby IRON-MAN ⚒ » Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:20 pm

o well from all the post's on eer' i cantsay no more ffs
0 x
BA14 TO E13 SINCE 85. whufc_crest

palerider

Postby palerider » Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:21 pm

Hildreth_1101 wrote:I hate to say it, but Bilic has to take responsibility here - He was brilliant last season but he's totally fucked up tonight. Forget the 2 Red cards Chelsea should have had - We were poor and deserved nothing.

Negative formation from the outside, went with the negative 4-1-2-3 that turned into a defensive 4-5-1 with Andy Carroll at LM when it was apparent Valencia was fucking useless.

Antonio at RB - Finally corrected it when we'd already conceded a Penalty because he played him out of position AGAIN but then SUBBED him off - We had Valencia doing fuck all and Antonio was one of our biggest threats going forward last season aside from Dimi, and he subs him off - Destroyed that lads confidence, I won't be surprised if he's gone before September. Byram did decent - Not amazing, got turned once by Hazard (who wouldn't be?) then kept him quiet, couple of loose passes but overall he looks like a good RB, imo he can grow into the solution to our RB problem. If Bilic doesn't start him next game, I'll be upset.

Nordvietd was awful, several poor touches nearly cost us, Tore was anonymous. Unlucky for Ayew to get injured, hope it isn't serious.

Bilic has gotten this Antonio situation horribly wrong. Taken our best right midfielder/winger and shattered his confidence, brought people like Tore who I don't rate at all to play his position.Sometimes football seems hard looking from the outside inwards, we don't know what happens behind the scenes like Bilic does but my god he's handled this situation poorly and got it totally wrong. I am just one pissed off hammer tonight. :evil:

The fact that he changed it straight after the penalty, (although he should have swapped him for Valencia) makes me hope he's finally seen the error of his ways. That Byram did quite well should also hammer down the point. From what I saw, Antonio is twice the player Tore is..... In the correct position. I accept that Tore maybe needs time to adjust, but first impressions, I don't know why Bilic was so keen to get him.
1 x
It's not the principle. It's the money.

IRON-MAN ⚒

Postby IRON-MAN ⚒ » Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:22 pm

a fuck it its only a game of football :idea:
0 x
BA14 TO E13 SINCE 85. whufc_crest

Return to “Match Day Threads”