Chelsea vs West Ham Match Thread (Streams in 1st post)

Old Match Day Threads, Current one is under 'Football talk'
Ironworksfc

Re: Chelsea vs West Ham Match Thread (Streams in 1st post)

Postby Ironworksfc » Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:24 pm

JustLikeMyDreams wrote:I am a bit tender now.
Hope it kicks our whole club up the arse for the rest of the season!
We need to improve and fast.I think we will as Slav is no mug in my eyes.
But we were played off the park in midfield and the defence was put under intense pressure tonight.There was zero creativity in the centre or from wide and after the first 10 mins we were just hanging on.
We some how managed to get a undeserved equaliser,but as I just said it was undeserved.It is still gutting to loose to as Costa should have gone for the foul on Adrian

Foul on Adrian, yellow, celebrating in the crowd, yellow.

We started well, then went to sleep. A few off par performances. Lots to learn from that game!
0 x

BlackDiamond

Postby BlackDiamond » Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:25 pm

palerider wrote:
Hildreth_1101 wrote:I hate to say it, but Bilic has to take responsibility here - He was brilliant last season but he's totally fucked up tonight. Forget the 2 Red cards Chelsea should have had - We were poor and deserved nothing.

Negative formation from the outside, went with the negative 4-1-2-3 that turned into a defensive 4-5-1 with Andy Carroll at LM when it was apparent Valencia was fucking useless.

Antonio at RB - Finally corrected it when we'd already conceded a Penalty because he played him out of position AGAIN but then SUBBED him off - We had Valencia doing fuck all and Antonio was one of our biggest threats going forward last season aside from Dimi, and he subs him off - Destroyed that lads confidence, I won't be surprised if he's gone before September. Byram did decent - Not amazing, got turned once by Hazard (who wouldn't be?) then kept him quiet, couple of loose passes but overall he looks like a good RB, imo he can grow into the solution to our RB problem. If Bilic doesn't start him next game, I'll be upset.

Nordvietd was awful, several poor touches nearly cost us, Tore was anonymous. Unlucky for Ayew to get injured, hope it isn't serious.

Bilic has gotten this Antonio situation horribly wrong. Taken our best right midfielder/winger and shattered his confidence, brought people like Tore who I don't rate at all to play his position.Sometimes football seems hard looking from the outside inwards, we don't know what happens behind the scenes like Bilic does but my god he's handled this situation poorly and got it totally wrong. I am just one pissed off hammer tonight. :evil:

The fact that he changed it straight after the penalty, (although he should have swapped him for Valencia) makes me hope he's finally seen the error of his ways. That Byram did quite well should also hammer down the point. From what I saw, Antonio is twice the player Tore is..... In the correct position. I accept that Tore maybe needs time to adjust, but first impressions, I don't know why Bilic was so keen to get him.

He's worse than Moses. He's probably just helping a mate out is all.
0 x

ToneLoc

Postby ToneLoc » Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:25 pm

Hildreth_1101 wrote:I hate to say it, but Bilic has to take responsibility here - He was brilliant last season but he's totally fucked up tonight. Forget the 2 Red cards Chelsea should have had - We were poor and deserved nothing.

Negative formation from the outside, went with the negative 4-1-2-3 that turned into a defensive 4-5-1 with Andy Carroll at LM when it was apparent Valencia was fucking useless.

Antonio at RB - Finally corrected it when we'd already conceded a Penalty because he played him out of position AGAIN but then SUBBED him off - We had Valencia doing fuck all and Antonio was one of our biggest threats going forward last season aside from Dimi, and he subs him off - Destroyed that lads confidence, I won't be surprised if he's gone before September. Byram did decent - Not amazing, got turned once by Hazard (who wouldn't be?) then kept him quiet, couple of loose passes but overall he looks like a good RB, imo he can grow into the solution to our RB problem. If Bilic doesn't start him next game, I'll be upset.

Nordvietd was awful, several poor touches nearly cost us, Tore was anonymous. Unlucky for Ayew to get injured, hope it isn't serious.

Bilic has gotten this Antonio situation horribly wrong. Taken our best right midfielder/winger and shattered his confidence, brought people like Tore who I don't rate at all to play his position.Sometimes football seems hard looking from the outside inwards, we don't know what happens behind the scenes like Bilic does but my god he's handled this situation poorly and got it totally wrong. I am just one pissed off hammer tonight. :evil:

Pretty much ditto all of that
0 x
When Bobby George walks into town, Clint Eastwood walks out

Towie

Postby Towie » Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:29 pm

palerider wrote:

The fact that he changed it straight after the penalty, (although he should have swapped him for Valencia) makes me hope he's finally seen the error of his ways. That Byram did quite well should also hammer down the point. From what I saw, Antonio is twice the player Tore is..... In the correct position. I accept that Tore maybe needs time to adjust, but first impressions, I don't know why Bilic was so keen to get him.

Whilst I agree Tore looked shite tonight, but Antonio twice the player? There were plenty on here demanding Antonio out when he was first in the team. Let's give Tore a few games first.
Anyway we looked so much more solid when Byram came on, and much more effective as an attacking force when Payet was on. Lessons learned (hopefully)move on
0 x

eskimo joe

Postby eskimo joe » Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:33 pm

Right I said it was going to happen like some others, and it did. A penalty and a loss.

Now we are going to hear an honest verdict of the way we performed and a statement that we will raise our game . Well that means dog shit to me if Baldric Bilic is going to continue playing Antonio at RB. I can take losing, never expected to win anyway. What I can't take is continuance of him playing Antonio where he does.. It's not the first bloom in time he's cost us goals. And it's not really his fault.

Bilic do the right thing, not just for our sakes, but for Antonios. You are stifling him and killing his confidence.
1 x
You will never see good points whilst concentrating on the bad.

palerider

Postby palerider » Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:35 pm

Towie wrote:
palerider wrote:

Whilst I agree Tore looked shite tonight, but Antonio twice the player? There were plenty on here demanding Antonio out when he was first in the team. Let's give Tore a few games first.
Anyway we looked so much more solid when Byram came on, and much more effective as an attacking force when Payet was on. Lessons learned (hopefully)move on

To be fair, I did say from what I saw and first impressions. But you can't argue that Tore hardly set the place on fire.

He'll get far easier games. Chelsea under Conte look a different team. If we're honest it could have been 4-0. Naturally I hope he shows what he can do.

But I drove all the way home from Scotland today to watch that. I wish I hadn't bothered.
0 x
It's not the principle. It's the money.

Postby 1234 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:39 pm

F*ck me there's some Antonio apologists on here.
Don't care if you're a goalkeeper if you bare told to play RB you should not end up on the left wing like Antonio was a couple of times.
The penalty? Atrocious play from Antonio whatever position he started. Dribbled out of his OWN area and lost the ball then made a non league-esque tackle.
Don't give a f*ck what position he was told to play he was appalling.
Looked like a non league player playing pro football.
0 x

Ibbyham

Postby Ibbyham » Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:12 pm

As I mentioned earlier in this post last few days ago that if Bilic put Antonio at RB, we are F*****! Bilic is to blame as he should put Byram as RB as West Ham got a bit better when he played there.

Bilic, if you are reading this - DO NOT PUT ANTONIO ON RIGHT BACK!!!!! THAT THE UMPTEENTH TIME!!!! Byram should be Right Back and Antonio as a RIGHT WINGER. Please listen to the fans ok! I am very disappointed with today outcome and I hope next PL game to be better AND with BYRAM at RIGHT BACK!
0 x

ticker

Postby ticker » Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:17 pm

Ok we were poor but hung in there thought when ayew went off thought bilic would put byram on and pushed Antonio to the wing and why the hell Costa was still on the park beats me but hey ho on to Thursday Randolph,byram,Oxford,Ogbonna,masuaka,Antonio,nordviet,obiang,tore,calleri if eligible and fletcher
0 x

Wellinghammer

Postby Wellinghammer » Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:36 pm

Chelsea away probably shows how fat we have come that we neatly nicked it a draw 1st game of season
Sort the RB situation decent strong ref could have been ok start
0 x

Return to “Match Day Threads”