Chelsea vs West Ham Match Thread (Streams in 1st post)

Old Match Day Threads, Current one is under 'Football talk'
Newmarket

Re: Chelsea vs West Ham Match Thread (Streams in 1st post)

Postby Newmarket » Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:47 pm

Wellinghammer wrote:Chelsea away probably shows how fat we have come that we neatly nicked it a draw 1st game of season
Sort the RB situation decent strong ref could have been ok start

....just about sums the whole evening up :)
0 x

palerider

Postby palerider » Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:22 am

17 West Ham
18 Burnley
19 Crystal Palace
20 Bournemouth

Bilic out.
1 x
It's not the principle. It's the money.

Noni

Postby Noni » Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:20 am

palerider wrote:17 West Ham
18 Burnley
19 Crystal Palace
20 Bournemouth

Bilic out.

I don't expect Bilic out after one game and I do think we will win the next game. Bilic did well for us last season and Chelsea have always been a first class team, despite their hick up earlier in the season. Do not expect Leicester to copy last season's performance...
0 x

gazhammer

My Match Report

Postby gazhammer » Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:23 am

I wrote this on my Facebook page straight after the game last night.

Chelsea 2 v 1 West Ham

As performances go, that was pretty awful, yet we almost came away with a draw. After a bright start we completely lost our way in this game and tactically we were all over the place. At times it looked like we hadn't had a pre season at all.

I'm a massive fan of Bilic but he got it wrong tonight to the point where we looked worse than when Allardyce was in charge. Despite having three central midfielders not one of them was in the game and Noble had probably his worst game for the club. When Ayew(who was poor) went off Bilic had the chance to move Antonio to the right wing and put Byram at right back, but for some reason he brought on Tore instead. Antonio ended up giving away the penalty and i didn't really see a way back into the game for us.

As the game went on Chelsea started to sit back and counter and it was almost their undoing as a previously lost looking West Ham were allowed some possession and started to push forward. A great goal by Collins got us back in the game and to be fair at this stage Chelsea seemed to have run out of ideas and to make things worse both Costa and Kante should have both walked for two awful challenges after already been booked.

As it turned out it was Costa that grabbed the winner and despite a late surge from West Ham it wasn't to be and we start the new season with a loss.

The Good - Not much to say here, a lot of nothing performances throughout the team, with only Byram, Collins and maybe the new left back Masuaku coming out of the game with any credit.

The Bad - Bilic's team selection was poor and his tactics even worse and players such as Nordtveit, Ayew, Carroll and Noble were awful.
On the whole a 2-1 defeat away to Chelsea is not the end of the world, but the performance overall was disjointed, confusing and worrying.
1 x

jameskel

Re: My Match Report

Postby jameskel » Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:10 am

Fucking hell, your FB page must be buzzing.
3 x
Taans can fuck right off

Newmarket

Re: My Match Report

Postby Newmarket » Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:12 am

A pretty fair appraisal I reckon there Gaz .

Maybe a little harsh on AC whose ineffectiveness we can lay squarely at the door of aforementioned Billick ;)
1 x

jameskel

Postby jameskel » Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:20 am

Strange how natch opinions differ. Thought we were Fucking terrible. Antonio at RB is wrong. But for me, if he does not play there, then he does not get in the team (energy only gets you so far). How the fuck Valencia earns a living is beyond me, better to come hopefully, but last night was poor
0 x
Taans can fuck right off

Towie

Postby Towie » Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:32 am

jameskel wrote:Strange how natch opinions differ. Thought we were Fucking terrible. Antonio at RB is wrong. But for me, if he does not play there, then he does not get in the team (energy only gets you so far). How the fuck Valencia earns a living is beyond me, better to come hopefully, but last night was poor

Agree we were terrible, but we did look more solid when Byram came on.
Last 15mins it was anyone's game, we were lucky though to be still in it and they were lucky they kept 11 men on the pitch.
Valencia & nordveidt were shocking, Antonio is not a rb, noble well of the pace.
Shall not panic though and write players off yet, it is only first game of season.
I
Last edited by Towie on Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

palerider

Postby palerider » Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:57 am

Light of day and all that. The Jim Beam was flowing last night.

The fact is, this is a very different Chelsea team. All sides want to turn it on for a new boss, but there was something else there last night. Very few teams will get anything there this season and the fact we nearly did was down to grit, poor finishing and luck. It could and should have been a tonking. Much said about Costa and Kante. But on another day we could have conceded two more penalties. It wasn't down to the ref.

Bilic learnt from his mistakes last season, notably the Nolan run-out against Bournemouth after which he was rightly shown the door. And now, finally, the glaring fuck-ups by Antonio in two competitive games, the last of which seen by millions, will mean he'll be open to scrutiny. It says something when your club sponsor says it's wrong.

If Bilic persists, the man's a cunt, club legend or not. I hope that's the end of it.

As for three holding midfielders, to an extent his hand was tied last night with Payet only half match-fit. A week's training and replacing the hapless Nordtveit next Sunday will give us a better option. But Noble was nearly as hapless and needs to look at himself after his performance. Valencia ? I'll even pay his air fare when he goes.

We'll get better. But I don't expect top 7.
0 x
It's not the principle. It's the money.

whu

Postby whu » Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:12 am

it was shit but we will learn and we just lost away to a team that will finish top 3 this season

shame we couldn't have nicked the point but we deserved nothing from the game, let's be honest

in slav we trust

whufc_crest
0 x
NO SURRENDER

Return to “Match Day Threads”