F1, 2018

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
Noni

Re: F1, 2018

Postby Noni » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:35 pm

0 x

Gandalf

Postby Gandalf » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:51 pm

Noni wrote:
Gandalf wrote:
Forget all the calm press released with all the "This is why we go testing" cliches, they are struggling!

But meanwhile, over at Ferrari :shock: They showed there hand today, didn't they!!

Seems Mercedes, Red Bull and Ferrari are the top 3.

Concerns for me are Williams and McLaren, hopefully McLaren will be reliable? Most probably be in the top 5 at the end of this season :shock:

Toro Rossa has been impressive so far in testing with that Honda engine. Great run of laps and great lap times too.

Yep, last year's top three remains this year's top three.
Most were hoping it would become a top four, with McLaren gate-crashing the party. But you can forget that now. They haven't done a race distance in testing. They go into the season with too many unknowns. They may get it together as the season goes on, maybe even get some race wins, but they won't be close to the top three over the season. Shame. Another year gone for Alonso before it's even started. Sounds familiar?

And to make matters worse, as you say, Honda have impressed. This is all putting the last few years into a different perspective!
1 x

Gandalf

Postby Gandalf » Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:27 am

What was going on here? White lights at the back?

Ferrari Lights.png
Ferrari Lights.png (316.25 KiB) Viewed 376 times
0 x

Noni

Postby Noni » Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:56 pm

Gandalf wrote:What was going on here? White lights at the back?

Ferrari Lights.png

Burning off that excess oil, all those Ferrari's engines are using!.......... :i am genuinely amused:
1 x

Gandalf

Postby Gandalf » Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:02 am

Noni wrote:
Gandalf wrote:What was going on here? White lights at the back?

Ferrari Lights.png

Burning off that excess oil, all those Ferrari's engines are using!.......... :i am genuinely amused:

:i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused:
0 x

Noni

Postby Noni » Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:06 pm

Gandalf wrote:
Noni wrote:
Seems Mercedes, Red Bull and Ferrari are the top 3.

Concerns for me are Williams and McLaren, hopefully McLaren will be reliable? Most probably be in the top 5 at the end of this season :shock:

Toro Rossa has been impressive so far in testing with that Honda engine. Great run of laps and great lap times too.

Yep, last year's top three remains this year's top three.
Most were hoping it would become a top four, with McLaren gate-crashing the party. But you can forget that now. They haven't done a race distance in testing. They go into the season with too many unknowns. They may get it together as the season goes on, maybe even get some race wins, but they won't be close to the top three over the season. Shame. Another year gone for Alonso before it's even started. Sounds familiar?

And to make matters worse, as you say, Honda have impressed. This is all putting the last few years into a different perspective!

I still think there maybe another team here, rather then the top 3... Maybe McLaren? Toro Rossa are looking good too!.... If Sainz out performs his team mate, I reckon Hulks future is done!...
0 x

Noni

Postby Noni » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:05 am

Cannot wait for the season to start, less depressing then WH at the moment. Though, I'm afraid might be a Mercedes domination here... Watch out Ferrari, as Red Bull are on your back!!... :D
0 x

Noni

Postby Noni » Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:42 pm

People I'm routing for this are obviously Hamilton, then Ricciardo, Hartly, Sainz, Ocon, Alonso and hoping that the Russian driver fails to impress and gives Kubica a chance to drive. It's possible!... :roll:

I'm not a Vettel fan at all, too much of a winer IMHO, Give Red Bull a chance to challenge Mercedes this year. :D
0 x

Gandalf

Postby Gandalf » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:55 pm

Hamilton: 'Red is my favourite colour'.

A comment as thinly veiled as they come! :i am genuinely amused:
1 x

Noni

Postby Noni » Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:06 am

Gandalf wrote:Hamilton: 'Red is my favourite colour'.

A comment as thinly veiled as they come! :i am genuinely amused:

2 reasons why Hamilton will do well this year.. 1st, he won 2017 WC and secondly he wants to prove those pundits wrong, I hope Bottas, re-news he's contract with Mercedes, but he cannot challenge Hamilton in a better car.

Compared to Vettel, Hamilton can pick upon on his weaknesses far greater!... despite losing on the 2016 WC, Hamilton was demoned with reliable issues compared to Rosberg. Though Hamilton won more GP 's then Rosberg, strange!!........
0 x

Return to “Topical Topics”