Corbyn: Racist

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
BillyDWhizz

Re: Corbyn: Racist

Postby BillyDWhizz » Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:22 pm

Jimmyflicket wrote:My point is I am unrepresented in the world of politics as a middle aged working class white man in this country.

Not a fact I’m happy with but a fact.

This. This is spot on.
0 x
I hate it when people don't know the difference between "your" and "you're". There so stupid.

Neville Bartos

Postby Neville Bartos » Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:28 pm

Jimmyflicket wrote:My point is I am unrepresented in the world of politics as a middle aged working class white man in this country.

Not all working class white men are the same though. What do you imagine would be representative? Whatever it is I doubt you'd have to look far to find a working class white man who disagrees with you.
0 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

Jimmyflicket

Postby Jimmyflicket » Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:39 pm

Neville Bartos wrote:

Not all working class white men are the same though. What do you imagine would be representative? Whatever it is I doubt you'd have to look far to find a working class white man who disagrees with you.

Yawn.
0 x

Neville Bartos

Postby Neville Bartos » Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:14 pm

Jimmyflicket wrote:
Neville Bartos wrote:

Yawn.

Perfectly valid point, Jim. You wouldn't believe how many people mistake the belief that they are not represented with the idea that everyone who shares some loose similarities with them aren't either.
Still, why talk specifics when there's a generalisation handy?
0 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

whu

Postby whu » Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:10 pm

BillyDWhizz wrote:
whu wrote:
We're splitting hairs old chap ... but we won't have anything like a second referendum in my view and I wouldn't call leader of the opposition and a councillor a good comparison. MP, then fair point.

Was the leader of the opposition IN the IRA then? Oh. I didn't know. ;)

fact finding means speaking to all sides, if you want to go down that road .. only corbyn was selective and guess what, he selected what i would have guessed and who his close friends court very closely

like a marathon runner ... this is exhausted
0 x
Tell the truth or get out of our club - NO SURRENDER

Whiskyman

Postby Whiskyman » Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:06 pm

BillyDWhizz wrote:I must admit all this Momentum bollocks is worrying me. Uber leftie fucksticks championing the Corbynista agenda smacks of Trotskyism despite them being ultra cautious never to mention the word out loud. Trouble is, I equally loathe the current crop of self serving, sanctimonious Tory inbreeds as well. This country is really fucked. Corbyn's Trotskyism on the left, May's neo-fascism on the right.

I make that 100% spot on. I've ben a Tory voter forever, apart from when those sanctimonious, duplicitous cunts Michael Howard and Iain Duncan-Smith were leaders, but at the moment I totally agree with your summing up.

The problem with democracy is that to make it work you need to have an effective and credible opposition. Imo we don't have a credible government or credible opposition. And there is only one way that's going to end.

I'm not worried for myself because I'll probably be dead when the shit well and truly hits the fan in the future but I do worry what kind of future my grandchildren are going to have if they choose, heaven forbid, to stay in this country. I don't want to imagine them working as burger flippers or serving weird sounding coffees in Starbucks which is where we're heading if this or the next government succeeds in fucking up the Brexit issue to the extent that the companies providing our only world class producy, financial services, decide to fuck off elsewhere.

Imo one of the biggest problems we have is that stupid first past the post voting system. Even when Blair won a massive majority in 2 elections the fact is that more people actually voted against the cunt than voted for him. How the fuck can that be in any way sensible when he ended up with a 3 figure majority in the House and consequently could do pretty much as he wanted.

Germany has PR and is probably the most prosperous country in Europe. We could learn a lot from them. And, yes, I did work there for a while back in the dim and distant.
1 x
People who claim to be modest usually have a lot to be modest about.

whu

Postby whu » Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:52 pm

PR has it's flaws but I tend to agree. What we currently have is a closed shop mess. UKIP got one in five votes, one MP. Farcical really.
0 x

Neville Bartos

Postby Neville Bartos » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:51 am

whu wrote:PR has it's flaws but I tend to agree. What we currently have is a closed shop mess. UKIP got one in five votes, one MP. Farcical really.

It's not 2015 anymore, mate. UKIP got less than one in fifty votes last time out.
That's the problem with being a one issue party.
0 x

whu

Postby whu » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:22 am

Neville Bartos wrote:
whu wrote:PR has it's flaws but I tend to agree. What we currently have is a closed shop mess. UKIP got one in five votes, one MP. Farcical really.

It's not 2015 anymore, mate. UKIP got less than one in fifty votes last time out.

correct on 2018 old chap. pretty much to do with 'job done' though, as well as farage moving on.

here's a little something from my old mates at the beeb 2015

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2015-32601281
0 x

Neville Bartos

Postby Neville Bartos » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:59 pm

whu wrote:
Neville Bartos wrote:

correct on 2018 old chap. pretty much to do with 'job done' though, as well as farage moving on.

here's a little something from my old mates at the beeb 2015

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2015-32601281

PR has its pros and cons. Personally I'd like to see the Lord's replaced by a second elected house using PR.
Unfortunately the voting public has already rejected PR for the commons.
0 x

Return to “Topical Topics”