Religion

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
User avatar
Dolfo
Posts: 196
Joined: Mon May 30, 2016 1:31 pm

Re: Religion

Postby Dolfo » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:33 pm

In answer to your original question Grandad, it's a load of old cunt.
1 x

User avatar
Gonzo
Posts: 4254
Joined: Sat May 28, 2016 8:13 pm

Re: Religion

Postby Gonzo » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:35 pm

I try not to muddle faith and religion.


Faith gives a lot of people comfort particularly when losing a loved one and I'll always respect somebody's right to a bit of private prayer. nothing wrong with a bit of faith or spiritualism.


Religion though is dodgy as fuck. . . loads of people all packed into the same building chanting to the same god because some scripture tells them that they'll burn in hell if they don't definitely sounds like the work of man.

Religion kills. . . . . . it really does.


The good people that you've met who are religious are just good people because they are nice and not because of where they pray.

Some religions are better than others and some are more peaceful and in tune with nature which causes no harm. Hindu's, Buddhists & Sikh's always seem like a decent bunch.

A forceful atheist is just as irritating than the most gobby evangelist.

One religion in particular is most certainly worse than the rest.
3 x

User avatar
Taansend
Posts: 5452
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:40 pm
Location: Nokomis, Florida (for now)
Contact:

Re: Religion

Postby Taansend » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:48 pm

Gonzo wrote:One religion in particular is most certainly worse than the rest.


Islam. And you're currently right. They're in a massive civil war between Sunni & Shiite.

I know I'm probably wrong about this but islam was invented roughly 700 years after christianity and they seem to be like christians were 600/700 years ago when there were major battles between various christian factions and you'd get murdered for not believing.

But we also need to remember that it's a tiny minority who are at war with our way of life. The majority, like the majority of people, just want to survive with no hassles.
0 x

User avatar
Gonzo
Posts: 4254
Joined: Sat May 28, 2016 8:13 pm

Re: Religion

Postby Gonzo » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:04 pm

Taansend wrote:
Gonzo wrote:One religion in particular is most certainly worse than the rest.


Islam. And you're currently right. They're in a massive civil war between Sunni & Shiite.

I know I'm probably wrong about this but islam was invented roughly 700 years after christianity and they seem to be like christians were 600/700 years ago when there were major battles between various christian factions and you'd get murdered for not believing.

But we also need to remember that it's a tiny minority who are at war with our way of life. The majority, like the majority of people, just want to survive with no hassles.



You're right, the religion needs to modernize but unlike Christianity of 500 years ago there is no Pope or singular voice that will unite everyone so I can only see death, death and more death.

That's really my point about faith. Somebody having a private prayer in their own home is not hurting anyone yet because these factions can't agree on the Prophets succession 1500 years ago people across the globe are going to die.

Where it affects me is that particular religion will cause mass murder in this country or somewhere very close at some point within the next few months. . . . . you can guarantee it. The rest of us who just believe that the Earth orbits the Sun pay a heavy fucking price for other people to worship freely.
0 x

User avatar
Taansend
Posts: 5452
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:40 pm
Location: Nokomis, Florida (for now)
Contact:

Re: Religion

Postby Taansend » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:08 pm

Gonzo wrote:
Taansend wrote:
Gonzo wrote:One religion in particular is most certainly worse than the rest.


Islam. And you're currently right. They're in a massive civil war between Sunni & Shiite.

I know I'm probably wrong about this but islam was invented roughly 700 years after christianity and they seem to be like christians were 600/700 years ago when there were major battles between various christian factions and you'd get murdered for not believing.

But we also need to remember that it's a tiny minority who are at war with our way of life. The majority, like the majority of people, just want to survive with no hassles.



You're right, the religion needs to modernize but unlike Christianity of 500 years ago there is no Pope or singular voice that will unite everyone so I can only see death, death and more death.

That's really my point about faith. Somebody having a private prayer in their own home is not hurting anyone yet because these factions can't agree on the Prophets succession 1500 years ago people across the globe are going to die.

Where it affects me is that particular religion will cause mass murder in this country or somewhere very close at some point within the next few months. . . . . you can guarantee it. The rest of us who just believe that the Earth orbits the Sun pay a heavy fucking price for other people to worship freely.



To be fair christians (George W Bush) started the war in Iraq which has resulted in over 500,000 deaths. He genuinely believed he was doing gods work.

Who are the terrorists?
0 x

User avatar
Gonzo
Posts: 4254
Joined: Sat May 28, 2016 8:13 pm

Re: Religion

Postby Gonzo » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:25 pm

Taansend wrote:
Gonzo wrote:
Taansend wrote:
Islam. And you're currently right. They're in a massive civil war between Sunni & Shiite.

I know I'm probably wrong about this but islam was invented roughly 700 years after christianity and they seem to be like christians were 600/700 years ago when there were major battles between various christian factions and you'd get murdered for not believing.

But we also need to remember that it's a tiny minority who are at war with our way of life. The majority, like the majority of people, just want to survive with no hassles.



You're right, the religion needs to modernize but unlike Christianity of 500 years ago there is no Pope or singular voice that will unite everyone so I can only see death, death and more death.

That's really my point about faith. Somebody having a private prayer in their own home is not hurting anyone yet because these factions can't agree on the Prophets succession 1500 years ago people across the globe are going to die.

Where it affects me is that particular religion will cause mass murder in this country or somewhere very close at some point within the next few months. . . . . you can guarantee it. The rest of us who just believe that the Earth orbits the Sun pay a heavy fucking price for other people to worship freely.



To be fair christians (George W Bush) started the war in Iraq which has resulted in over 500,000 deaths. He genuinely believed he was doing gods work.

Who are the terrorists?


One mad man in the public eye can be dealt with.

That's not really the threat we are facing though.

Anyway mate, I can't be arsed with all that. I don't really want to defend anyone and the natural flow of the debate usually leads to that. George Bush was a nob but he or anyone from his religion is highly unlikely to start blowing up civilians in London and just saying making that statement makes it look like I'm siding with him which I'm not.

Blair and Bush should be charged for war crimes. That's it.
2 x

User avatar
Taansend
Posts: 5452
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:40 pm
Location: Nokomis, Florida (for now)
Contact:

Re: Religion

Postby Taansend » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:46 pm

Gonzo wrote:
Taansend wrote:
Gonzo wrote:

You're right, the religion needs to modernize but unlike Christianity of 500 years ago there is no Pope or singular voice that will unite everyone so I can only see death, death and more death.

That's really my point about faith. Somebody having a private prayer in their own home is not hurting anyone yet because these factions can't agree on the Prophets succession 1500 years ago people across the globe are going to die.

Where it affects me is that particular religion will cause mass murder in this country or somewhere very close at some point within the next few months. . . . . you can guarantee it. The rest of us who just believe that the Earth orbits the Sun pay a heavy fucking price for other people to worship freely.



To be fair christians (George W Bush) started the war in Iraq which has resulted in over 500,000 deaths. He genuinely believed he was doing gods work.

Who are the terrorists?


One mad man in the public eye can be dealt with.

That's not really the threat we are facing though.

Anyway mate, I can't be arsed with all that. I don't really want to defend anyone and the natural flow of the debate usually leads to that. George Bush was a nob but he or anyone from his religion is highly unlikely to start blowing up civilians in London and just saying making that statement makes it look like I'm siding with him which I'm not.

Blair and Bush should be charged for war crimes. That's it.


I agree but when you look at this from an average muslim point of view then we are the terrorists.
0 x

User avatar
Noni
Posts: 1245
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:20 pm

Re: Religion

Postby Noni » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:05 am

Gonzo wrote:
Taansend wrote:
Gonzo wrote:.

Blair and Bush should be charged for war crimes. That's it.


I totally agree. Specially when these so called police were knocking on soldiers doors and committing them for crimes they were ordered to do!... That pisses me off!... :evil: I was in the military myself and that is utter bullshit. Bush and Blair should account for their actions, specially when most of the population was against a war. many protested including myself!...
2 x

User avatar
Gonzo
Posts: 4254
Joined: Sat May 28, 2016 8:13 pm

Re: Religion

Postby Gonzo » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:10 am

Taansend wrote:
Gonzo wrote:
Taansend wrote:

To be fair christians (George W Bush) started the war in Iraq which has resulted in over 500,000 deaths. He genuinely believed he was doing gods work.

Who are the terrorists?


One mad man in the public eye can be dealt with.

That's not really the threat we are facing though.

Anyway mate, I can't be arsed with all that. I don't really want to defend anyone and the natural flow of the debate usually leads to that. George Bush was a nob but he or anyone from his religion is highly unlikely to start blowing up civilians in London and just saying making that statement makes it look like I'm siding with him which I'm not.

Blair and Bush should be charged for war crimes. That's it.


I agree but when you look at this from an average muslim point of view then we are the terrorists.



I know that mate and it's not your fault. It's just that every time we talk about terrorism and the rise of the recent Islamic atrocities we always seem to have to quantify it and balance it up by explaining something historical.

Some poor bastards get blown up in a club, hit by a truck or machine gunned when on holiday and straight away it's semi-condoned by using the crusades or foreign policy as the reasoning and it gets tedious after a while.

It will happen next time too, innocent people will be murdered on a train in London in the name of Islam and there'll voices telling everyone that the West is to blame or that 500 years ago Christians did the same thing.

As somebody who doesn't practice religion or politics though I can only look around and see who is most like likely to blow me up and it's crystal clear. That's the point, when something nasty happens we want to know what is being done to make things safer in our country . . . . . . not be told with a wink and a nudge that we sort of had it coming because somebody we don't even know killed somebody else we didn't know a long time ago.
5 x

User avatar
Gonzo
Posts: 4254
Joined: Sat May 28, 2016 8:13 pm

Re: Religion

Postby Gonzo » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:14 am

Noni wrote:
Gonzo wrote:
Taansend wrote:


I totally agree. Specially when these so called police were knocking on soldiers doors and committing them for crimes they were ordered to do!... That pisses me off!... :evil: I was in the military myself and that is utter bullshit. Bush and Blair should account for their actions, specially when most of the population was against a war. many protested including myself!...



I just can't believe that Blair managed to be in essence found guilty but still avoid trial for war crimes? Astounding really.

Saddam was a cunt of course but at least he had some idea of how to deal with the factions in his country. We just waded in a fucked it up in the pursuit of oil but under the guise of searching for weapons that did not even exists.

We left them to it and now they are all killing each other.
1 x


Return to “Topical Topics”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests