Another one bites the dust.

News, Banter and anything else non football!!

tassiehammer

Another one bites the dust.

Post by tassiehammer » Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:39 am

Don’t know if anyone on here knew him but Georgie Boyle passed away recently. Season ticket holder for donkey years in the what I still called the South Bank. Family are all lifelong Hammers fans who used to drink in the Builders and the Greyhound in West Ham Lane. If you needed any questions answered about the Hammers he was the go to man. Knew and remembered everything claret and blue. RIP George.
3 x

grandad

Re: Another one bites the dust.

Post by grandad » Mon Dec 24, 2018 4:37 pm

tassiehammer wrote:
Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:39 am
Don’t know if anyone on here knew him but Georgie Boyle passed away recently. Season ticket holder for donkey years in the what I still called the South Bank. Family are all lifelong Hammers fans who used to drink in the Builders and the Greyhound in West Ham Lane. If you needed any questions answered about the Hammers he was the go to man. Knew and remembered everything claret and blue. RIP George.

Knew Georgie mate but hadn't seen him in years. Top guy and a sad loss ( had a few pints with him in the carpenters tenents club ) what he never knew about West Ham wasn't worth knowing.
0 x
Once you take the devils shilling its no going back !!!!!!

Noni

Post by Noni » Mon Dec 24, 2018 5:37 pm

RIP Georgie :(
0 x

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket » Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:09 am

I knew George , and a few of his family . In fact his wife is my sisters sister-in-law (if that makes sense).
I never knew he had passed away and I must say I’m shocked though I knew he hadn’t been well for a while .

There were many hours whiled away in East Ham WMC with his West Ham Trivia quizzes .

Everyone will miss him , a great loss.
0 x
I hate Thrush he’s an irritating Cunt .

grandad

Post by grandad » Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:17 am

Was good man wasn't he Tim ?

like you I never knew he had passed away

I said to him once stop with the west ham ask me a question on another team or sport

quick as a flash come

what father and son opened the batting for India in same match

I said let me think

hour later I go back

I said not mate no clue

he looked me in the eye and said

javed miandad ( me and dad )

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

will be missed
0 x
Once you take the devils shilling its no going back !!!!!!

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket » Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:20 am

grandad wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:17 am
Was good man wasn't he Tim ?

like you I never knew he had passed away

I said to him once stop with the west ham ask me a question on another team or sport

quick as a flash come

what father and son opened the batting for India in same match

I said let me think

hour later I go back

I said not mate no clue

he looked me in the eye and said

javed miandad ( me and dad )

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

will be missed
One of the best mate , one of the best ...
0 x
I hate Thrush he’s an irritating Cunt .

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer » Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:06 pm

I've told this story before either on here or the old hammers site.
George and my brother Paul were at Elland rd many many moons ago. On the way back to the station they were stopped by a number of Leeds fans. They were asked where they were from and George said Leeds in a dodgy northern accent. Where abouts in Leeds he was asked. Now truly fucked he replied just Leeds. Got a smack in the face, nearly run over by a bus as they scarpered. Got chased into the station where they tried to climb the barrier. Local plod asked what they thought they were doing and they said told him they were about to be killed if they couldn't get over the barrier. Tough shit you cockney cunts stay over that side said the friendly cop. Shitting bricks the pair of them had to turn and face the Leeds mob. Paul said it was just like the calvary coming over the hill in the old cowboy films when they heard the singing and the Mile End crew came into sight. Paul and George facing the Leeds mob and saying come on then. Leeds mob and even the plod disappeared. They always travelled with the numbers after that. Not our numbers from on here that is.
George was a terrific footballer as well but never took it seriously. You had to chop him down to get the ball off him. whufc_crest
R
2 x

Social Media