F1, 2019

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
Noni

Re: F1, 2019

Post by Noni » Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:14 pm

Neville Bartos wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:57 am
I can't believe Ferrari are shooting themselves in the foot again. Favouring Vettel, who increasingly looks less competitive than Leclerc, after 2 races, seems utterly stupid.
Fair enough ordering drivers not to crash into each other, or even to hold position for a tactical advantage, but ordering Leclerc to let Vettel past, who then looked slower and cost Leclerc a place?
Ferrari look like they've learnt nothing.
Still Mercedes looked supreme in a race where Ferrari should've been favourites. That record 6 championships on the spin looks within touching distance.
I totally agree!
0 x

Noni

Post by Noni » Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:24 pm

Neville Bartos wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:57 am
I can't believe Ferrari are shooting themselves in the foot again. Favouring Vettel, who increasingly looks less competitive than Leclerc, after 2 races, seems utterly stupid.
Fair enough ordering drivers not to crash into each other, or even to hold position for a tactical advantage, but ordering Leclerc to let Vettel past, who then looked slower and cost Leclerc a place?
Ferrari look like they've learnt nothing.
Still Mercedes looked supreme in a race where Ferrari should've been favourites. That record 6 championships on the spin looks within touching distance.

0 x

Gandalf

Post by Gandalf » Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:53 pm

I wonder how long it will be until this guy is in the Red Bull?

https://www.formula1.com/en/video/2019/ ... oints.html
0 x

Noni

Post by Noni » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:27 pm

Gandalf wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:53 pm

I think Alex Albon, will certainly rise to the occasion. I'm not a Dani Kvyat fan. still makes loads of mistakes on track.

====================================================

Having watched the race several times now, I feel Ferrari will never learn. They've always imposed team orders in favour of their No1 driver. Personally I feel that Ferrari should allow their drivers to race until mathematically it's impossible for his team mate to catch up. I really love their road cars, but as for F1, their lack of pure racing upsets me over the years. Unfortunately it's part of their DNA.

Pretty much all other teams in F1 have allowed their drivers to race, pretty much half way into the season. To me Ferrari have lost points in the championship, because of this and I've calculated 4 plus points so far, 3 being awarded to fasted lap being lost. with out losing a position in the race and changing tyres near the end.

If Ferrari keep this up they will certainly lose a lot of points in the championship.
0 x

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos » Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:14 am

Noni wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:27 pm
Gandalf wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:53 pm

I think Alex Albon, will certainly rise to the occasion. I'm not a Dani Kvyat fan. still makes loads of mistakes on track.

Having watched the race several times now, I feel Ferrari will never learn. They've always imposed team orders in favour of their No1 driver. Personally I feel that Ferrari should allow their drivers to race until mathematically it's impossible for his team mate to catch up. I really love their road cars, but as for F1, their lack of pure racing upsets me over the years. Unfortunately it's part of their DNA.

Pretty much all other teams in F1 have allowed their drivers to race, pretty much half way into the season. To me Ferrari have lost points in the championship, because of this and I've calculated 4 plus points so far, 3 being awarded to fasted lap being lost. with out losing a position in the race and changing tyres near the end.

If Ferrari keep this up they will certainly lose a lot of points in the championship.
Ferrari's choices do seem entirely perplexing.
If they wanted Vettel as their clear number one right from the start of the season why not keep Kimi for another year?
After all Leclerc is only 21 and surely wouldn't have complained about a second season at Alfa before moving up.
Maybe Ferrari thought Leclerc would take half a season to settle in, and by that time he'd be so far behind Vettel that playing wingman would be the logical strategy.

I think the problems come down to Vettel not being as good as 4 championships suggest.
The German has been lucky with his cars and his team mates -- I think he'd have been massacred had Alonso been in the Ferrari with him rather than Raikkonen.

If I was in charge at Ferrari I'd be looking at the future. Vettel has had two chances to win the title with Ferrari and has, with some help from the pit wall, wasted both.
Last season was particularly horrific. There might be as many as half a dozen drivers who could've run Hamilton closer had they been driving that Ferrari.
I wouldn't favour Vettel, simply because I think by the end of this season Leclerc will have his number.
2 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer » Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:26 am

Neville Bartos wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:14 am
Noni wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:27 pm

Ferrari's choices do seem entirely perplexing.
If they wanted Vettel as their clear number one right from the start of the season why not keep Kimi for another year?
After all Leclerc is only 21 and surely wouldn't have complained about a second season at Alfa before moving up.
Maybe Ferrari thought Leclerc would take half a season to settle in, and by that time he'd be so far behind Vettel that playing wingman would be the logical strategy.

I think the problems come down to Vettel not being as good as 4 championships suggest.
The German has been lucky with his cars and his team mates -- I think he'd have been massacred had Alonso been in the Ferrari with him rather than Raikkonen.

If I was in charge at Ferrari I'd be looking at the future. Vettel has had two chances to win the title with Ferrari and has, with some help from the pit wall, wasted both.
Last season was particularly horrific. There might be as many as half a dozen drivers who could've run Hamilton closer had they been driving that Ferrari.
I wouldn't favour Vettel, simply because I think by the end of this season Leclerc will have his number.
Yes...Hamilton in a Ferrari...not saying they'd win it,but be very very close,Def a lot
closer than it is now...I know he's got 4..but Vettel is a bit overated IMO opinion,quick,but not
a racer....Always thought Webber certainly early days of Red Bull was the Better Racer,
Same speed wise,but Racing is different not always the quickest wins,otherwise pole sitter,
would win every race...think it's about 50%..

They(Red Bull) Def seemed to focus on Him over Webber,some teams seem to like to have
a No 1 driver...Ferrari always have,might be changing this year tho... ;)
1 x

Noni

Post by Noni » Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:19 am

George Russell has serious problems as a Ferrari car dislodges a manhole cover. 1st practice cancelled, checking all manhole covers, well over 300. Not what Williams wanted :(... His car is seriously damaged!...
Last edited by Noni on Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
0 x

Noni

Post by Noni » Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:52 am

0 x

Noni

Post by Noni » Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:08 pm

0 x

Noni

Post by Noni » Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:46 pm

Ferrari has reliability issues with the electronics...Alfa Romeo's Antonio Giovinazzi will suffer a grid penalty.
0 x

Social Media