F1, 2019

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
mkhammer

Re: F1, 2019

Post by mkhammer » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:01 am

Don't they have Quick-Fits in Germany....Ham would have been better of going there..... :lol:

Don't get the 5 Sec Punishment...seriously unfair,hardly his fault was pissing down,everyone was
losing grip/sliding...Shame would have been a cracker him against Vestap in the wet..
But Def not 100% fit...sort of conditions he excels in normally..

And another Exciting race...and no damage done championship wise really..

Think Max will do Bottas for the 2nd Spot at the End as well....could mean he moves on...
Cos Gasly certainly is at the moment...Thought he was a good driver TBH...but Wheels have def
come off....
0 x

Gandalf

Post by Gandalf » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:36 pm

Regarding the 5 second penalty, when it happened I thought he may get away with it considering recent hands-off approach the stewards have been taking. So when the penalty was applied I was certainly disappointed.
However, thinking about it afterwards this was a clear-cut penalty. You either go to the left of the bollard or you go to the right of the bollard. There is no interpretation required.
It's the 'racing-incidents' where the stewards are having to judge where they are taking the hands-off approach.
And long may that continue. I just hope the drivers start taking liberties and force a reversal of the current trend.

You could be right about Max catching Bottas. The Red Bull/Honda package is certainly coming on strong. And Max is flying. You certainly don't get that impression with Bottas.
0 x

Noni

Post by Noni » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:13 am

Gandalf wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:40 pm
grandad wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:43 am

I watched someone paint a door and then we both watched it dry shakeass shakeass shakeass shakeass
F1 is so boring! ;)

There was no boring stuff here at all. In fact I stopped watching the paint dry on my door to watch the race (grandad). :lol:

Despite Hamilton having a very bad race and feeling ill all weekend, scored points as Alpha Romeo were penalized with fractions on their cars and increases his lead in the World Title and Williams score their first point.

Great race for Red Bull Racing. 2 cars on the podium and congrats to Daniil Kvyat coming 3rd and becoming a father. Think Red Bull are looking twice again and maybe swapping him with Gasly.. Another solid job by Albon.

I enjoyed this race despite Hamilton losing out.
0 x

grandad

Post by grandad » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:54 am

Noni wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:13 am
Gandalf wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:40 pm

F1 is so boring! ;)

There was no boring stuff here at all. In fact I stopped watching the paint dry on my door to watch the race (grandad). :lol:

Despite Hamilton having a very bad race and feeling ill all weekend, scored points as Alpha Romeo were penalized with fractions on their cars and increases his lead in the World Title and Williams score their first point.

Great race for Red Bull Racing. 2 cars on the podium and congrats to Daniil Kvyat coming 3rd and becoming a father. Think Red Bull are looking twice again and maybe swapping him with Gasly.. Another solid job by Albon.

I enjoyed this race despite Hamilton losing out.

Hamilton ill ? Was it cos he lost 🤣. Mate one mans meat and all that. I like horse racing some hate it ( cunts if they do 🤣 ) anyway no one answered me on hammy hair and accent 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣. Do make me laugh we got actors who have lived in America for yonks and still sound the same but dodgy Barnet been in Monaco 5 mins sounds a right cunt 🤣🤣🤣
0 x
Once you take the devils shilling its no going back !!!!!!

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos » Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:21 pm

Just watched the extended highlights, and how Ferrari must want to nab Mercs strategists after that one. Perfect call by Mercedes. Hamilton seemed unconvinced, but he came home with more than a bit to spare.
Bottas was unlucky getting his front wing banged not once, but twice. And I thought Vettel's move on Leclerc was a bit soft.
Other than that Gasly is doing himself no favours finishing the race lapped by his team mate. He's lucky there's no obvious replacement in the Toro Rossos.
1 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

Noni

Post by Noni » Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:15 am

Having watched the race, I did not expect Hamilton to win after Verstappen dominance. Mercedes team did a fantastic job.

Seems team orders were in favour of Vettel

Looks like Bottas's contract could be taken over next year. Ocon or Russell

If Bottas gets dropped, should he go to Red Bull?
0 x

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos » Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:07 am

Noni wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:15 am
Having watched the race, I did not expect Hamilton to win after Verstappen dominance. Mercedes team did a fantastic job.

Seems team orders were in favour of Vettel

Looks like Bottas's contract could be taken over next year. Ocon or Russell

If Bottas gets dropped, should he go to Red Bull?
Hamilton's done a bit of a 180 this season. Usually his qualifying is his strongest suit, but this season it's been his race craft. In more than a few qualifying sessions he's looked a bit off the pace, but when we get into the race he's been a different class.
Hungary's a case in point. Couldn't even get on the front row, but in race he made short work of Bottas, and Verstappen had to drive the wheels off his car to keep Hamilton at bay... and in the end even that wasn't enough.
It'll be interesting to see how the Ferrari performs at Spa and Monza given the Red Bulls elevation to second best car on the grid, at least in Verstappen's hands.
1 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

Noni

Post by Noni » Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:28 am

With 9 races remaining, how many do you think Lewis will win in the 2nd half of the season?

I predict between 4 to 5 wins for sure.
0 x

grandad

Post by grandad » Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:45 am

Noni wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:28 am
With 9 races remaining, how many do you think Lewis will win in the 2nd half of the season?

wonder how many peas are in a packet of birds eye ?

think I buy a bag and count them
:lol:
2 x
Once you take the devils shilling its no going back !!!!!!

Noni

Post by Noni » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:53 am

grandad wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:45 am
Noni wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:28 am

wonder how many peas are in a packet of birds eye ?

think I buy a bag and count them
:lol:
It's all right grandad, the football season is about to begin soon!.... ;)
0 x

Social Media