F1, 2019

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
User avatar
Gandalf
Posts: 298
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:00 pm
x 50
x 48

Re: F1, 2019

Post by Gandalf » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:22 pm

Dwayne Pipes wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:46 am
Would be more exciting if speed humps were introduced.
Speed humps in the W Series would be good. ;)
0 x

User avatar
Noni
Posts: 2699
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:20 pm
x 499
x 79

Re: F1, 2019

Post by Noni » Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:09 am

It appears that Alonso turned down a race seat at Red Bull to replace Gasley. Alonso was not interested in a mid season battle halfway into a season, mainly because he has other interests. Maybe he has a fixed contract with McLaren?
0 x

User avatar
Neville Bartos
Posts: 4155
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:29 am
Location: Flyyyyyyyyyin'
x 465
x 610

Re: F1, 2019

Post by Neville Bartos » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:24 pm

Noni wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:09 am
It appears that Alonso turned down a race seat at Red Bull to replace Gasley. Alonso was not interested in a mid season battle halfway into a season, mainly because he has other interests. Maybe he has a fixed contract with McLaren?
Could be. I know there was an option to extend his contract beyond 2018. If McLaren wanted to activate that clause, but let him leave anyway, you'd imagine there'd be a proviso he didn't sign with another F1 team during that period.
0 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

User avatar
Noni
Posts: 2699
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:20 pm
x 499
x 79

Re: F1, 2019

Post by Noni » Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:03 am

From the German press, it appears Ocon is going to Renault and joining Ricciardo. Bottas seems to have secured his seat for 2020. I'm very happy about that!... ;) :)

This has not been confirmed, but 80% correct.
0 x

User avatar
Gandalf
Posts: 298
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:00 pm
x 50
x 48

Re: F1, 2019

Post by Gandalf » Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:07 pm

Noni wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:03 am
From the German press, it appears Ocon is going to Renault and joining Ricciardo. Bottas seems to have secured his seat for 2020. I'm very happy about that!... ;) :)

This has not been confirmed, but 80% correct.
Yep, that all makes sense. And hopefully Hulkenberg to Williams.
The Kubica fairy tale didn't work out. Williams have Latifi waiting in the wings but now is not the time to be running two inexperienced drivers. As good as Russell appears to be he does not have the experience to develop a car. So I think the Hulk would be a perfect fit.
1 x

User avatar
Noni
Posts: 2699
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:20 pm
x 499
x 79

Re: F1, 2019

Post by Noni » Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:47 pm

Gandalf wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:07 pm
Noni wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:03 am
From the German press, it appears Ocon is going to Renault and joining Ricciardo. Bottas seems to have secured his seat for 2020. I'm very happy about that!... ;) :)

This has not been confirmed, but 80% correct.
Yep, that all makes sense. And hopefully Hulkenberg to Williams.
The Kubica fairy tale didn't work out. Williams have Latifi waiting in the wings but now is not the time to be running two inexperienced drivers. As good as Russell appears to be he does not have the experience to develop a car. So I think the Hulk would be a perfect fit.
So far if the rumours are true, then Hulkenberg will replace Grosjean at Hass and maybe Grosjean moving to Williams.
0 x

User avatar
Gandalf
Posts: 298
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:00 pm
x 50
x 48

Re: F1, 2019

Post by Gandalf » Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:59 pm

Noni wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:47 pm
Gandalf wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:07 pm


Yep, that all makes sense. And hopefully Hulkenberg to Williams.
The Kubica fairy tale didn't work out. Williams have Latifi waiting in the wings but now is not the time to be running two inexperienced drivers. As good as Russell appears to be he does not have the experience to develop a car. So I think the Hulk would be a perfect fit.
So far if the rumours are true, then Hulkenberg will replace Grosjean at Hass and maybe Grosjean moving to Williams.
That's also good. In fact maybe even better. Despite the problems faced by Haas this year I expect them to bounce back next year. For Williams I think it will be a longer road back.

Grosjean/Russell would be an interesting battle. Grosjean is a known quantity. Russell on the other hand - it's still difficult to tell. He's been driving a dog of a car against a driver who clearly isn't as capable as he was in the past.
Russell certainly looks good. But next year, if he goes up against Grosjean we'll know for sure.
My money would be on Russell to beat Grosjean.
1 x

User avatar
Noni
Posts: 2699
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:20 pm
x 499
x 79

Re: F1, 2019

Post by Noni » Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:29 pm

Bottas has been retained for 2020 at Mercedes. It has been confirmed!.... :)

Wolff had been concerned that Bottas' form had slipped after a strong start to the season but preferred stability over the uncertainty of taking Ocon.

The news is, now waiting for Ocon to move to Renault....Ocon has been confirmed at Renault :)
0 x

User avatar
Neville Bartos
Posts: 4155
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:29 am
Location: Flyyyyyyyyyin'
x 465
x 610

Re: F1, 2019

Post by Neville Bartos » Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:48 am

It's looking like a 22 race season next year.
With Vietnam and the Netherlands joining the calendar.
It had seemed like those two races would replace the German and Spanish GPS, but apparently the Catalan government have agreed to fund the Spanish GP for at least one more year. So as it stands only Hockenheim looks like disappearing. No home race for the silver arrows next season!
1 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

User avatar
Gandalf
Posts: 298
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:00 pm
x 50
x 48

Re: F1, 2019

Post by Gandalf » Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:48 pm

Neville Bartos wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:48 am
It's looking like a 22 race season next year.
With Vietnam and the Netherlands joining the calendar.
It had seemed like those two races would replace the German and Spanish GPS, but apparently the Catalan government have agreed to fund the Spanish GP for at least one more year. So as it stands only Hockenheim looks like disappearing. No home race for the silver arrows next season!
Personally I thought there were too many races already. I feel it just waters down the value of each.
For many years there were 16 races. And that I think was about right.
But as ever, money talks.

Having said that I don't mind if they add more races in the US. That will mean evening viewing for us. Still get your F1 without losing your Sunday! :D
0 x

Post Reply

Social Media