F1, 2019

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
Neville Bartos

Re: F1, 2019

Post by Neville Bartos » Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:29 pm

BillyDWhizz wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:45 pm
Neville Bartos wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:04 pm
Well, well, well, everyone and his dog had Ferrari as the team to beat. Hamilton .7 quicker than the best Ferrari.
Then again the Mercs always seem quick in Melbourne, but even so that's a big gap.
If it was just Hamilton I would have put it down to him being able to wring the neck of his car better than anyone else but with Bottas being over half a second faster as well, I suspect Mercedes of playing possum a little bit.

Pleased to see Haas qualifying well, I think they'll continue to improve this season and I'm pretty hopeful they'll podium at least a couple of times this season.
Yeah. Given Bottas was so close you'd imagine Hamilton might even have a little more in the tank.
Good to see McLaren back in the top ten too.
0 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

Gandalf

Post by Gandalf » Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:11 pm

BillyDWhizz wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:45 pm
Neville Bartos wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:04 pm
Well, well, well, everyone and his dog had Ferrari as the team to beat. Hamilton .7 quicker than the best Ferrari.
Then again the Mercs always seem quick in Melbourne, but even so that's a big gap.
If it was just Hamilton I would have put it down to him being able to wring the neck of his car better than anyone else but with Bottas being over half a second faster as well, I suspect Mercedes of playing possum a little bit.

Pleased to see Haas qualifying well, I think they'll continue to improve this season and I'm pretty hopeful they'll podium at least a couple of times this season.
How bizarre is it that Hamilton gets his sixth successive pole in Australia, and yet we're all so surprised.
We hear it every year - don't read anything into the pre-season testing times. It means nothing.
But this year the margin was so great, and the Ferrari looked so good, that we did believe it.
And now this. Lewis is driving himself into the record books.
0 x

Noni

Post by Noni » Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:11 pm

I was very surprised by the lack of pace with Ferrari all weekend. Bottas did well after a disappointed season last year. The rookies drove very well indeed, should be good for the rest of the season. So sad about Daniel's retirement. :(

I'm always surprised that certain tracks give bad luck to a few of the favourite drivers in this sport.
0 x

jameskel

Post by jameskel » Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:19 pm

I was awake, so watched it.

A webcam watching fly fishing, would have been more absorbing
0 x
Taans can fuck right off

Gandalf

Post by Gandalf » Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:53 pm

jameskel wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:19 pm
I was awake, so watched it.

A webcam watching fly fishing, would have been more absorbing
About as boring as hearing people talk about how boring F1 is. ;)
1 x

4ever-blowin-bubbles

Post by 4ever-blowin-bubbles » Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:27 pm

a point for the fastest lap has made it a bit more interesting
0 x

Gandalf

Post by Gandalf » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:41 pm

4ever-blowin-bubbles wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:27 pm
a point for the fastest lap has made it a bit more interesting
Agreed. Often the result is pretty much decided once we get to the last handful of laps. But this introduces an extra element.
1 x

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:53 pm

My word the way the press is going on you'd think Bottas had been sandbagging for two seasons. One very good race really doesn't make him a contender. He will require a serious performance drop off from Hamilton and a significantly better car than everyone else to be that.
0 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

Gandalf

Post by Gandalf » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:45 pm

One thing that should not be forgotten about Bottas is that if he didn't have all the bad luck he had in the first part of the season he would have been leading the championship at the midpoint of the season.
And if he was leading it at that point it's safe to say his head wouldn't have dropped in the way it did.

He's hit the ground running this season so that could make things interesting. I was expecting a good inter-team battle at Ferrari this year but it seams we may be getting one at Mercedes too!
0 x

Noni

Post by Noni » Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:25 pm

Neville Bartos wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:53 pm
My word the way the press is going on you'd think Bottas had been sandbagging for two seasons. One very good race really doesn't make him a contender. He will require a serious performance drop off from Hamilton and a significantly better car than everyone else to be that.
Gandalf wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:45 pm
One thing that should not be forgotten about Bottas is that if he didn't have all the bad luck he had in the first part of the season he would have been leading the championship at the midpoint of the season.
And if he was leading it at that point it's safe to say his head wouldn't have dropped in the way it did.

He's hit the ground running this season so that could make things interesting. I was expecting a good inter-team battle at Ferrari this year but it seams we may be getting one at Mercedes too!
Certainly glad that Bottas has won a grand prix this year. Hamilton sustained damage during the race, which effected his handling. Hoping that Ferrari will allow Charles to compete with Vettel, specially the start of the season. However, team orders were in place near the end of the Australian race, keeping Vettel ahead.

Like most seasons Hamilton comes alive after the summer break.
0 x

Social Media