Prince Phillip

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
Neville Bartos

Re: Prince Phillip

Post by Neville Bartos » Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:10 pm

Just heard on the news they're going to install average speed cameras and a new speed limit on the road he crashed on. Just coincidence one of the royals almost bought the farm! Yeah right.
And they have the front to lie that the class system doesn't exist any longer.
0 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:14 pm

Neville Bartos wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:10 pm
Just heard on the news they're going to install average speed cameras and a new speed limit on the road he crashed on. Just coincidence one of the royals almost bought the farm! Yeah right.
And they have the front to lie that the class system doesn't exist any longer.
FFS don't mention the C-S words. There are those on here that believe in it you know. ;) ;) ;)
0 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

Gonzo

Post by Gonzo » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:28 pm

Avit wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:13 am
My Dad is 91. Still drives. I can't get in the car with him though, it's just one long white knuckle ride.

The other week he suspected he had a nail embedded in his front nearside tyre. Rather than go to a garage and pay about £20 to get it fixed he decided to sort it out himself.
He's 91.
He's got a great pension.
He doesn't want to spend £20.
But he can't see the nail.
And he is unsteady on his feet.
(I forgot to mention he fell 15 foot (or is it feet?) backwards off a scaffold onto concrete a year ago. He was trimming an overhanging branch rather than pay a man. He was lucky. A night in hospital and a bruised back (and ego) was all he got, but he has never fully recovered from)

Anyway, his less than desirable method to inspect the tyre was to gradually edge the car along, stopping at intervals to look for the offending nail/screw. This was to be done 10 feet (or is it foot?) in front of his garage (facing).

The car is automatic. (By now you should be able to guess which way this is going....literally)

His logic gained over the course of 91 years told him it would be quicker if he opened the car window, had one foot inside the car to work the pedals (his left i.e. wrong foot) and the other on the outside for balance, whist leaning through the car window hoping to inspect the tyre whilst it rotates.
All to save £20.
(Before anyone pipes up... I wasn't there. My 89 year old mother was the safe distance witness)

So with his feet set as if he was just about to push off on a toy scooter, the top half of his torso jutting through the driver's window and his neck craning almost to the point of his head popping off, he tentatively put pressure on the accelerator.
The car lurched forward. A bit too fast for my Dad's liking. In a split second he lifted his foot and jammed it down on the brake.
Or what he thought was the brake.
His knee jerk reaction had slammed his foot back on the accelerator.
And the car crashed straight into the garage door frame.
He miraculously had cat-like emerged unhurt physically, however the car was a write off.
Ten grand.
He batted away our beratings with a "Yeah, well, hindsight is a wonderful thing."
Is it inappropriate to laugh?
2 x

Avit

Post by Avit » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:39 pm

Gonzo wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:28 pm
Avit wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:13 am
My Dad is 91. Still drives. I can't get in the car with him though, it's just one long white knuckle ride.

The other week he suspected he had a nail embedded in his front nearside tyre. Rather than go to a garage and pay about £20 to get it fixed he decided to sort it out himself.
He's 91.
He's got a great pension.
He doesn't want to spend £20.
But he can't see the nail.
And he is unsteady on his feet.
(I forgot to mention he fell 15 foot (or is it feet?) backwards off a scaffold onto concrete a year ago. He was trimming an overhanging branch rather than pay a man. He was lucky. A night in hospital and a bruised back (and ego) was all he got, but he has never fully recovered from)

Anyway, his less than desirable method to inspect the tyre was to gradually edge the car along, stopping at intervals to look for the offending nail/screw. This was to be done 10 feet (or is it foot?) in front of his garage (facing).

The car is automatic. (By now you should be able to guess which way this is going....literally)

His logic gained over the course of 91 years told him it would be quicker if he opened the car window, had one foot inside the car to work the pedals (his left i.e. wrong foot) and the other on the outside for balance, whist leaning through the car window hoping to inspect the tyre whilst it rotates.
All to save £20.
(Before anyone pipes up... I wasn't there. My 89 year old mother was the safe distance witness)

So with his feet set as if he was just about to push off on a toy scooter, the top half of his torso jutting through the driver's window and his neck craning almost to the point of his head popping off, he tentatively put pressure on the accelerator.
The car lurched forward. A bit too fast for my Dad's liking. In a split second he lifted his foot and jammed it down on the brake.
Or what he thought was the brake.
His knee jerk reaction had slammed his foot back on the accelerator.
And the car crashed straight into the garage door frame.
He miraculously had cat-like emerged unhurt physically, however the car was a write off.
Ten grand.
He batted away our beratings with a "Yeah, well, hindsight is a wonderful thing."
Is it inappropriate to laugh?
I hope not..... otherwise I'm going to hell :lol: :lol:
1 x

BillyDWhizz

Post by BillyDWhizz » Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:54 am

0 x
Rounding to the nearest whole numbers makes them pointless.

palerider

Post by palerider » Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:37 pm

The Queen is furious and wants to know who bought Grandad the 'Princess Diana Driving Experience' for Christmas.
2 x
Determined to take us to the next level.

Social Media