News Today

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
Neville Bartos

Re: News Today

Post by Neville Bartos » Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:54 am

Only in America could this kind of insanity occur.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.co ... index.html

When you read it, it's even more unbelievable than the Oscar Pistorius shooting.
Walking into the wrong apartment then shooting the geezer who lives there, whilst he's eating ice cream on his sofa, to death because you thought he was a burglar.
Unless his place was decorated in the exact same way as hers, that's shady as fuck. 10 years, out in 5.
0 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

palerider
Location: A small village on Mars just outside the capital city, Wibble

Post by palerider » Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:30 am

Neville Bartos wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:54 am

When you read it, it's even more unbelievable than the Oscar Pistorius shooting.
Walking into the wrong apartment then shooting the geezer who lives there, whilst he's eating ice cream on his sofa, to death because you thought he was a burglar.
Unless his place was decorated in the exact same way as hers, that's shady as fuck. 10 years, out in 5.
A seriously fucked-up country.

But today I'm booking next year's holiday. To San Francisco, a place I've always wanted to visit.

Fingers crossed.....although if a bullet doesn't get me an earthquake might.
0 x
The cheque's in the post. Honestly.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket » Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:14 am

palerider wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:30 am
Neville Bartos wrote:

But today I'm booking next year's holiday. To San Francisco, a place I've always wanted to visit.

San Fran ? You should fit in nicely there .

Don’t forget to wear some flowers in your hair :lol:
0 x
I hate Thrush he’s an irritating Cunt .

palerider
Location: A small village on Mars just outside the capital city, Wibble

Post by palerider » Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:15 am

Newmarket wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:14 am
palerider wrote:

San Fran ? You should fit in nicely there .

Don’t forget to wear some flowers in your hair :lol:
Cunt.

I'll go training in Brighton.
0 x
The cheque's in the post. Honestly.

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer » Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:16 pm

Sadfishing.......Now who'd a thought people would do that....... :lol:

Anyway thought it meant that you'd been out all day in the pissing rain and not caught anything... :?
0 x

Taansend

Post by Taansend » Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:50 pm

palerider wrote:
Neville Bartos wrote:

If you can watch the sunrise from Marin Headlands just over the Golden Gate Bridge. It rises behind the city and bridge. Fantastic view
0 x

Taansend

Post by Taansend » Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:52 pm

Neville Bartos wrote:

I actually believe her story. Did the same thing myself once (minus shooting a bloke).

I thought ten years was a fair sentence.

Terrible tragedy
0 x

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond » Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:40 am

Neville Bartos wrote:

I'm amazed this played out the way it did.She could have claimed she investigated a noise,was attacked,self defense,case closed.

Serving Police officer protecting the community. Never should have admitted unlawful trespass. Why can't people just think,adjust and use the training the City afforded them.

Now she has to live in isolation surrounded by societies dirt.Madness
0 x

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 » Sat Oct 05, 2019 12:33 pm

Great to see the girls win Gold Medals at the World Championships in Doha,but there is hardly anyone there to to see it.

For them girls,it was probably the greatest day of their life,but it`s been tarnished because of the empty stands.They deserve better.

That`s all down to greed & backhanders again.Seb Coe & Co must have made a bucket load of cash.That`s what it is all about nowadays,but I actually think that will put a lot of up & coming Athletes off.

It should never be held there,same has the 2022 Football World Cup.

Athletes come 2nd,Seb Coe and his greedy bastard mates come 1st. :roll:
0 x

BillyDWhizz

Post by BillyDWhizz » Sat Oct 05, 2019 1:15 pm

terrya1965 wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 12:33 pm
Great to see the girls win Gold Medals at the World Championships in Doha,but there is hardly anyone there to to see it.

For them girls,it was probably the greatest day of their life,but it`s been tarnished because of the empty stands.They deserve better.

That`s all down to greed & backhanders again.Seb Coe & Co must have made a bucket load of cash.That`s what it is all about nowadays,but I actually think that will put a lot of up & coming Athletes off.

It should never be held there,same has the 2022 Football World Cup.

Athletes come 2nd,Seb Coe and his greedy bastard mates come 1st. :roll:
Holding large scale sporting events in countries completely unsuitable either in infrastructure or population interest is a forte of large sporting bodies. I mean seriously? Athletics, in a country who's national sports include camel racing and falconry was never going to draw the crowds was it?

I peg you right Tel, this is all about money. Could you imagine Seb and his cronies saying, "I know, let's hold it in Cuba". Guaranteed public interest and huge crowds but no large backhanders or incentives so of course, they'd never even consider it.

The WC may get a bit more attention but still, Qatar is hardly a bastion of fanatical football fans.

Oh and a footnote to anyone who's contemplating going to the WC and fancies a drink... Qatar has just doubled it's tax on alcohol. For example, It'll now cost £82 for a 24 pack of beer and £73 for a bottle of gin and you can only drink in designated areas so going "off the grid" is probably not a good idea. :lol:
0 x
Rounding to the nearest whole numbers makes them pointless.

Social Media