News Today

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
Neville Bartos

Re: News Today

Post by Neville Bartos » Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:20 am

If there was ever any doubt Bernie Ecclestone is a cunt... https://news.sky.com/story/amp/i-would- ... e-11759373
0 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

BillyDWhizz

Post by BillyDWhizz » Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:57 pm

Neville Bartos wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:20 am
If there was ever any doubt Bernie Ecclestone is a cunt... https://news.sky.com/story/amp/i-would- ... e-11759373
Man's a complete bell-end. Always has been, always will be. Little man - big ego, lots of money. A fairly stereotypical example of the mega wealthy in this country.
0 x
Rounding to the nearest whole numbers makes them pointless.

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond » Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:13 pm

Neville Bartos wrote:
and Adolph Hitler was a man "...who got things done"

...and on his main claim, of standing and taking a bullet for VP - he's too short,assassins don't aim at the knees
3 x

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:51 pm

Neville Bartos wrote:
He says he doesn't believe in democracy. So what's the problem here.? This country is about to have a new Prime Minister forced on it by the voting whim of 160,000 conservative party members. If that is democracy then I can't really say I'm in favour of it either.

Theresa May, whatever her faults, had legitimacy because she was elected. Neither Johnson nor Hunt has that legitimacy and for the decision to depend on the whims of people, 40% of whom are apparently over retirement age, is bloody outrageous imo.
0 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond » Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:55 pm

Whiskyman wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:51 pm
Neville Bartos wrote:
He says he doesn't believe in democracy. So what's the problem here.? This country is about to have a new Prime Minister forced on it by the voting whim of 160,000 conservative party members. If that is democracy then I can't really say I'm in favour of it either.

Theresa May, whatever her faults, had legitimacy because she was elected. Neither Johnson nor Hunt has that legitimacy and for the decision to depend on the whims of people, 40% of whom are apparently over retirement age, is bloody outrageous imo.
And look at the two candidates for fucks sake. It's like a dog listening to classical music
0 x

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:21 pm

BlackDiamond wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:55 pm
Whiskyman wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:51 pm

And look at the two candidates for fucks sake. It's like a dog listening to classical music
You can't tell me you're not enjoying the little Englander face off?
Jeremy Hunt sees a news story about shipping and insists he's going to bring back the glory days of the Royal Navy.
And Boris Johnson is going to give Juan Foreigner what for, whatever the cost, because... There'll always be an England
While there's a cycle lane,
Wherever there's a mind small
Beside a field of GM grain.
There'll always be an England
While there's an empty high street,
Wherever there's shale gas,
A few million unemployed feet.
Red, white and blue; what does it mean to you?
Surely you're proud, shout it aloud,
"Tories, awake!"
The EU too, we can't depend on you.
Freedom remains. Workers rights in chains
Nothing can break.
There'll always be an England,
And England shall be free (subject to status)
If England means as much to you
As self interest means to me.
1 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:58 pm

I was reading the other day that in the last 15 years every prosecution brought against the police over a death in custody has ended in acquittal.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-48968082

Hint for anyone wanting to commit a murder; join the police force, arrest your victim, kill them, get off Scott free.

Don't trust the police, no justice, no peace...
0 x

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:53 am

Neville Bartos wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:21 pm
BlackDiamond wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:55 pm

Jeremy Hunt sees a news story about shipping and insists he's going to bring back the glory days of the Royal Navy.
And Boris Johnson is going to give Juan Foreigner what for, whatever the cost, because... There'll always be an England
"Tories, awake!"
Nothing can break.
I've given you a "like" for that post mate. And it depresses me.as a lifelong Tory voter, to have to do so. The state of the party, of which I used to be a member myself, today is beyond the absurd. The very fact, think about it, that Boris Johnson, Boris Fucking Johnson, could end up as the most important politician in Britain is probably the most depressing potential scenario ever envisaged.

Actually even more depressing than the moment Johnson enters No 10 with his clarion call of No deal Brexit or Bust, maybe it should be no deal Brexit AND bust, there will be a vote of no confidence, which will be passed, and Jeremy Corbyn will be given the keys to No 10 by default.

Johnson will be the shortest serving prime minister in history (I think) and the conservative party, which was once the party of fiscal responsibility will go into meltdown, which could well be terminal. I'm not unduly concerned from a personal perspective because by the time the economic consequences of the current stupidity come home to roost I will probably be a pile of ash.

However my kids and my grandchildren will still have to somehow survive. So I am encouraging the grandchildren to learn skills which will be sort after in countries such as the USA, Australia, Canada or New Zealand (I've chosen those because my grandchildren like many other millions have never embraced the idea of learning other languages) so they can fuck off and leave this pathetic working museum behind them.

Imo the only hope our insignificant little island has of remaining relevant in the modern world is if, by some miracle, Johnson clings onto power and begs Donald Trump, whose arse he seems to inhabit, to absorb us as the 51st state of the union.
0 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos » Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:42 am

Whiskyman wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:53 am
Neville Bartos wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:21 pm

"Tories, awake!"
Nothing can break.
I've given you a "like" for that post mate. And it depresses me.as a lifelong Tory voter, to have to do so. The state of the party, of which I used to be a member myself, today is beyond the absurd. The very fact, think about it, that Boris Johnson, Boris Fucking Johnson, could end up as the most important politician in Britain is probably the most depressing potential scenario ever envisaged.

Actually even more depressing than the moment Johnson enters No 10 with his clarion call of No deal Brexit or Bust, maybe it should be no deal Brexit AND bust, there will be a vote of no confidence, which will be passed, and Jeremy Corbyn will be given the keys to No 10 by default.

Johnson will be the shortest serving prime minister in history (I think) and the conservative party, which was once the party of fiscal responsibility will go into meltdown, which could well be terminal. I'm not unduly concerned from a personal perspective because by the time the economic consequences of the current stupidity come home to roost I will probably be a pile of ash.

However my kids and my grandchildren will still have to somehow survive. So I am encouraging the grandchildren to learn skills which will be sort after in countries such as the USA, Australia, Canada or New Zealand (I've chosen those because my grandchildren like many other millions have never embraced the idea of learning other languages) so they can fuck off and leave this pathetic working museum behind them.

Imo the only hope our insignificant little island has of remaining relevant in the modern world is if, by some miracle, Johnson clings onto power and begs Donald Trump, whose arse he seems to inhabit, to absorb us as the 51st state of the union.
My brother reckons if Boris wasn't well heeled and in politics, he'd presently be being cared for in the community.
I'd add that at some point the police would probably try to fit him up for murder.
The Lost Honour of Boris Johnson. In my mind I've already cast Tony Way in a blonde syrup. Jeremy Hunt would be played by a fanny.
0 x

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket » Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:26 pm

Jeremy Hunt is rhyming slang for a fanny
1 x
I hate Thrush he’s an irritating Cunt .

Social Media