News Today

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
User avatar
mkhammer
Posts: 5307
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 11:12 am
x 425
x 570

Re: News Today

Post by mkhammer » Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:30 am

Neville Bartos wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:17 am
This story is a fucking joke...

https://www.chargedretail.co.uk/2020/01 ... ereotypes/

And here's the ad that, according to a government agency, and based on 8, yes EIGHT complaints, features 'Harmful stereotypes'. HARMFUL.


What I can guarantee is that if all the actors had been female and there'd been 8,000 complaints nothing would've been banned.

I tell you this is the thin end of the thought police wedge.
The police are already 'speaking to people' in order to check their opinions.
Thought they covered most Bases there ,a White Dude,A Mixed Race maybe Black Dude,and an Asiatic
Dude....White Dude looked a bit transgender to me....Black Dude is Def Gay...Asian Dude is Straight,
maybe.. that's the ambiguous one... :lol:

TBH just laugh at it all now ...it's just bloody funny more than anything...

In Defence of the Old Bill...they always have to do shit they really don't want to be doing...
Your a Copper....your Boss has been Asked/Told by some "Official" look into this,keep the do-gooders
quite...your at the firing end...asking fucking stupid questions...
0 x

User avatar
Dwayne Pipes
Posts: 2904
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:46 pm
x 82
x 567

Re: News Today

Post by Dwayne Pipes » Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:05 pm

Hmmmm I always thought gamers were sad little fat single blokes drooling in a filthy bedroom full of empty pizza boxes and surrounded by crushed monster drink cans.

Probably thought they had their arse covered with a range of ethnicities.
Fancy forgetting birds and them mixed up people.

Soppy cunts.
0 x

User avatar
Neville Bartos
Posts: 4477
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:29 am
Location: Flyyyyyyyyyin'
x 544
x 791

Re: News Today

Post by Neville Bartos » Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:41 pm

Utterly mental.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-50599080

A few points here that make literally no sense to me:

'Equal pay is the legal right for men and women to be paid the same for:

Doing the same, or similar, jobs.

Doing work that has been rated as "equivalent", or in the same grade.

Doing work of "equal value", where jobs might be different but require a similar level of skill.'

Those definitions cover virtually everything. How do you define a 'similar level of skill'? Or maybe more importantly, who decides what's equivalent or similar?

And this quote boggles the mind

'The burden of proof fell on the BBC to show that that difference did not amount to sex discrimination. It failed.'

Since when has the burden of proof fallen on the accused rather than the accuser?
I guess the moral of the story is if you're a woman, or of a minority ethnicity, or sexuality and you fancy a pay rise, just find a bloke (preferably white) doing a
'broadly similar' job for more money and scream discrimination. Kerching.
0 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

User avatar
palerider
Posts: 9441
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:35 am
Location: Wuhan China
x 567
x 1305

Re: News Today

Post by palerider » Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:31 pm

The head of the Chartered Management Institute (a bint btw), has urged bosses to ban talk about sports in the office by male staff as female staff will feel left out.

Fucking right I say.

And get jug-ears off MOTD too.

Get Claire Balding running the thing.
0 x
The cheque's in the post. Honestly.

User avatar
Dwayne Pipes
Posts: 2904
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:46 pm
x 82
x 567

Re: News Today

Post by Dwayne Pipes » Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:20 pm

palerider wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:31 pm
The head of the Chartered Management Institute (a bint btw), has urged bosses to ban talk about sports in the office by male staff as female staff will feel left out.

Fucking right I say.

And get jug-ears off MOTD too.

Get Claire Balding running the thing.
What about birds talking about fucking love island ,hair and poxy makeup then ?
0 x

User avatar
mkhammer
Posts: 5307
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 11:12 am
x 425
x 570

Re: News Today

Post by mkhammer » Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:54 pm

palerider wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:31 pm
The head of the Chartered Management Institute (a bint btw), has urged bosses to ban talk about sports in the office by male staff as female staff will feel left out.

Fucking right I say.

And get jug-ears off MOTD too.

Get Claire Balding running the thing.
So what she's saying then is Women are incapable of playing and holding a conversation on sport...

Fucking clueless.... :lol:
1 x

User avatar
Neville Bartos
Posts: 4477
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:29 am
Location: Flyyyyyyyyyin'
x 544
x 791

Re: News Today

Post by Neville Bartos » Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:12 pm

I heard a bloke on the news the other morning literally suggest that British transport infrastructure would grind to a halt without HS2.
Now bear in mind this a high speed rail link -- so passenger trains -- costing double the initial estimate of £56 billion.
What we're basically talking about, and given the cost of travel on non high speed trains, is a £107 billion way for the well heeled to get to Birmingham in an hour.
The money would be better spent improving existing transport links. I swear the people who come up with the costs and benefits of this shit must on a percentage.
0 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

User avatar
terrya1965
Posts: 4891
Joined: Sun May 29, 2016 8:48 pm
x 765
x 584

Re: News Today

Post by terrya1965 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:46 pm

Neville Bartos wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:12 pm
I heard a bloke on the news the other morning literally suggest that British transport infrastructure would grind to a halt without HS2.
Now bear in mind this a high speed rail link -- so passenger trains -- costing double the initial estimate of £56 billion.
What we're basically talking about, and given the cost of travel on non high speed trains, is a £107 billion way for the well heeled to get to Birmingham in an hour.
The money would be better spent improving existing transport links. I swear the people who come up with the costs and benefits of this shit must on a percentage.
I thought you would be the first person to know that Neville.

ANY massive project in the last 40 years ALWAYS ends up at least DOUBLE to what they said it would cost,,.Eg 2012 Olympics,New Wembley Stadium.They(MP's and businessmen) all have their noses in the trough and it`s us the Taxpayer that funds it.
0 x

User avatar
Neville Bartos
Posts: 4477
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:29 am
Location: Flyyyyyyyyyin'
x 544
x 791

Re: News Today

Post by Neville Bartos » Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:56 am

terrya1965 wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:46 pm
Neville Bartos wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:12 pm
I heard a bloke on the news the other morning literally suggest that British transport infrastructure would grind to a halt without HS2.
Now bear in mind this a high speed rail link -- so passenger trains -- costing double the initial estimate of £56 billion.
What we're basically talking about, and given the cost of travel on non high speed trains, is a £107 billion way for the well heeled to get to Birmingham in an hour.
The money would be better spent improving existing transport links. I swear the people who come up with the costs and benefits of this shit must on a percentage.
I thought you would be the first person to know that Neville.

ANY massive project in the last 40 years ALWAYS ends up at least DOUBLE to what they said it would cost,,.Eg 2012 Olympics,New Wembley Stadium.They(MP's and businessmen) all have their noses in the trough and it`s us the Taxpayer that funds it.
Dead right, Terry.
I can predict how it will go.
The tax payer funds HS 2.
Then a bunch of private companies will come in, paying well under the odds to run the services.
The services will be shit and hugely expensive.
This will all be followed by the taxpayer continuing to invest in upkeep and infrastructure whilst private companies syphon off as much money as possible.

We have some of the worst and most expensive railway services in the world, so who knows what bright spark though this waste of time and money was a good idea.
0 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

User avatar
terrya1965
Posts: 4891
Joined: Sun May 29, 2016 8:48 pm
x 765
x 584

Re: News Today

Post by terrya1965 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:27 am

Neville Bartos wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:56 am
terrya1965 wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:46 pm


I thought you would be the first person to know that Neville.

ANY massive project in the last 40 years ALWAYS ends up at least DOUBLE to what they said it would cost,,.Eg 2012 Olympics,New Wembley Stadium.They(MP's and businessmen) all have their noses in the trough and it`s us the Taxpayer that funds it.
Dead right, Terry.
I can predict how it will go.
The tax payer funds HS 2.
Then a bunch of private companies will come in, paying well under the odds to run the services.
The services will be shit and hugely expensive.
This will all be followed by the taxpayer continuing to invest in upkeep and infrastructure whilst private companies syphon off as much money as possible.

We have some of the worst and most expensive railway services in the world, so who knows what bright spark though this waste of time and money was a good idea.
Don't you ever feel we are being conned. :(

And it will only get worse,now we are leaving the EU. :cry:
2 x

Post Reply

Social Media