News Today

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
User avatar
Newmarket
Posts: 11968
Joined: Tue May 17, 2016 10:03 pm
x 1167
x 1006

Re: News Today

Post by Newmarket » Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:12 am

I had a great dump this morning
2 x
Bring back Jonathon !

User avatar
mkhammer
Posts: 5308
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 11:12 am
x 425
x 570

Re: News Today

Post by mkhammer » Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:15 am

Australia is bigger than Pluto....and..

You can't hum while holding your nose......



I know your trying it.......... :lol:
0 x

User avatar
mkhammer
Posts: 5308
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 11:12 am
x 425
x 570

Re: News Today

Post by mkhammer » Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:18 am

mkhammer wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:15 am
Australia is bigger than Pluto....and..

You can't hum while holding your nose......



I know your trying it.......... :lol:
EDIT...............That was spose to go in the Random as Thread.....

Mr..Ns post confused me..... :lol:
0 x

User avatar
Newmarket
Posts: 11968
Joined: Tue May 17, 2016 10:03 pm
x 1167
x 1006

Re: News Today

Post by Newmarket » Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:48 am

mkhammer wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:18 am
mkhammer wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:15 am
Australia is bigger than Pluto....and..

You can't hum while holding your nose......



I know your trying it.......... :lol:
EDIT...............That was spose to go in the Random as Thread.....

Mr..Ns post confused me..... :lol:
At least mine was news
0 x
Bring back Jonathon !

User avatar
mkhammer
Posts: 5308
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 11:12 am
x 425
x 570

Re: News Today

Post by mkhammer » Sat Feb 08, 2020 2:18 pm

Newmarket wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:48 am
mkhammer wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:18 am


EDIT...............That was spose to go in the Random as Thread.....

Mr..Ns post confused me..... :lol:
At least mine was news
Yeah Good News for you...not us lot...... :lol:
0 x

User avatar
JayK
Posts: 6387
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:12 am
Location: Essex
x 710
x 126

Re: News Today

Post by JayK » Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:37 pm

mkhammer wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:15 am
Australia is bigger than Pluto....and..

You can't hum while holding your nose......



I know your trying it.......... :lol:
After a few days of not washing you’d hum a bit. Just wouldn’t smell it coz ya holding your nose
0 x
COYI!!!

User avatar
mkhammer
Posts: 5308
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 11:12 am
x 425
x 570

Re: News Today

Post by mkhammer » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:59 am

Enjoy the law,rights and wrongs of it...but sometimes the legislations fall down and are an arse...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-52034646


This breaks down to me, they're not being extradited ...they're already in Iraq being held by the States
so are under their jurisdiction,not ours..
We have an agreement with the States to share Security info...

But I have obviously missed something....it shouldn't be an interpretation thing...stuff like this has
to be cut and dried...
Possible not even going to a supreme court...whereby something gets overturned 4 to 3....

A supreme caught is fundamental in nearly all cases...but IMO not this one..
0 x

User avatar
Neville Bartos
Posts: 4477
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:29 am
Location: Flyyyyyyyyyin'
x 544
x 791

Re: News Today

Post by Neville Bartos » Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:29 am

mkhammer wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:59 am
Enjoy the law,rights and wrongs of it...but sometimes the legislations fall down and are an arse...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-52034646


This breaks down to me, they're not being extradited ...they're already in Iraq being held by the States
so are under their jurisdiction,not ours..
We have an agreement with the States to share Security info...

But I have obviously missed something....it shouldn't be an interpretation thing...stuff like this has
to be cut and dried...
Possible not even going to a supreme court...whereby something gets overturned 4 to 3....

A supreme caught is fundamental in nearly all cases...but IMO not this one..
The law is the law, mate. If you start fucking about with it to suit, it's the beginning of a slippery slope.
0 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

User avatar
mkhammer
Posts: 5308
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 11:12 am
x 425
x 570

Re: News Today

Post by mkhammer » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:34 am

Neville Bartos wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:29 am
mkhammer wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:59 am
Enjoy the law,rights and wrongs of it...but sometimes the legislations fall down and are an arse...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-52034646


This breaks down to me, they're not being extradited ...they're already in Iraq being held by the States
so are under their jurisdiction,not ours..
We have an agreement with the States to share Security info...

But I have obviously missed something....it shouldn't be an interpretation thing...stuff like this has
to be cut and dried...
Possible not even going to a supreme court...whereby something gets overturned 4 to 3....

A supreme caught is fundamental in nearly all cases...but IMO not this one..
The law is the law, mate. If you start fucking about with it to suit, it's the beginning of a slippery slope.
Very surprised that's your stance Nev TBH,not to question something...just let the law lay as it is stands,
whether it's right or wrong...and not taking the Modern political climate in,everything needs updating
and reviewing from time to time even the Laws of the land.

What I'm not liking with this is.....there's laws and agreements in place to cover this situation...but
it's gone to what is basically a tribunal....a judgement call....where one guys decision,has a huge
knock on effect for subsequent cases.

These F**ks have been "Arrested " for an international crime,yet a UK Judge says it's right to with hold
evidence...because this evidence could lead to a death sentence,which the UK does not have,
...but they weren't arrested in this country,and indeed would not be allowed to enter it freely,
as passports would be revoked.....Technically could be argued..they are not UK Citizens anymore,
much the same as we are doing with the Begum Girl who wants to return..

It's an international crime...they are in a country that has a death sentence,in custody of a country
that also has it.
If they had returned to the UK somehow..or we had arrested them...different matter..the law is in
place for that situation....looks like their lawyers have used a loophole....needs to be closed,in
matters like this.
0 x

User avatar
Neville Bartos
Posts: 4477
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:29 am
Location: Flyyyyyyyyyin'
x 544
x 791

Re: News Today

Post by Neville Bartos » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:05 pm

mkhammer wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:34 am
Neville Bartos wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:29 am


The law is the law, mate. If you start fucking about with it to suit, it's the beginning of a slippery slope.
Very surprised that's your stance Nev TBH,not to question something...just let the law lay as it is stands,
whether it's right or wrong...and not taking the Modern political climate in,everything needs updating
and reviewing from time to time even the Laws of the land.

What I'm not liking with this is.....there's laws and agreements in place to cover this situation...but
it's gone to what is basically a tribunal....a judgement call....where one guys decision,has a huge
knock on effect for subsequent cases.

These F**ks have been "Arrested " for an international crime,yet a UK Judge says it's right to with hold
evidence...because this evidence could lead to a death sentence,which the UK does not have,
...but they weren't arrested in this country,and indeed would not be allowed to enter it freely,
as passports would be revoked.....Technically could be argued..they are not UK Citizens anymore,
much the same as we are doing with the Begum Girl who wants to return..

It's an international crime...they are in a country that has a death sentence,in custody of a country
that also has it.
If they had returned to the UK somehow..or we had arrested them...different matter..the law is in
place for that situation....looks like their lawyers have used a loophole....needs to be closed,in
matters like this.
It's the job of the law Lords to interpret the law, mate.
As we all know, no matter how thoroughly something is written down some smart arse will always find a loophole, or interpret something differently.
It's not a tribunal so much as a clarification of the law.

Everyone is entitled to due process and fair treatment, as much as we might prefer otherwise at times. The people in question are British citizens, but they didn't break the law in the US, if anything they should be tried in the Hague.
I know we like to make a distinction between atrocities carried out in war and atrocities carried out by terrorists, but there's no practical difference. So, why not ship them all off to a centralised international court for trial and punishment?

Citizenship can only be revoked if a strong case can be made that these people can claim citizenship elsewhere. And to be fair there's a difference between someone watching from the sidelines and bona fide participants.
0 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

Post Reply

Social Media