News Today

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
Neville Bartos

Re: News Today

Post by Neville Bartos » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:25 pm

BlackDiamond wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:06 am
Neville Bartos wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:23 am
This is brilliant. Adverts have now been banned from portraying reality.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-48628678

'The ban covers scenarios such as a man with his feet up while a woman cleans, or a woman failing to park a car.'
...and it does not stop there...one is no longer allowed to say something like "...I've just grabbed Pamela and she says we are awaiting delivery..."...nope, BIG trouble and a trip to HR...followed by - desk cleared,security,lift,pavement
:lol:

Other negative gender stereotypes include;
Woman having a baby whilst man worries.
Men having a penis.
Women not having a penis.
Woman wearing a skirt whilst a man has trousers on.
Man being right, woman being wrong.

And of course, a man not being a sexual predator.
0 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes » Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:37 am

There’ll be banning Father’s Day next.
0 x

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer » Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:02 am

Neville Bartos wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:22 pm
Here we go again with jokes being taken literally and the police getting involved.

https://news.sky.com/story/amp/theresa- ... t-11741134

Never been a fan of Jo Brand, but if a comedian making a joke is deemed incitement to violence where does it all end?
I swear book burning isn't far away at this rate.
We see this differently Nev.....to me that is not a "Joke" it is a statement.....a statement that
is saying it's ok and funny to throw Acid at a person....

Trust me mate this PC Crap pisses me off as much as it does you....but we must still have some
kinda recognisable boundaries,in what is acceptable to say and not...
Can't say what the hell you want no matter how anti social,under the guise of a "Joke"

We can't have a free for all where absolutely anything goes....that is a Nasty Nasty vindictive
bordering on evil thing to say.....and anyone that thinks it's funny to throw acid in someones
face.....I'm sorry but you need to check out where you are in life...

I'm certain you didn't find it funny mate....and are just coming at from a "Freedom of Speech"
Stance.....
1 x

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos » Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:22 pm

mkhammer wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:02 am
Neville Bartos wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:22 pm
Here we go again with jokes being taken literally and the police getting involved.

https://news.sky.com/story/amp/theresa- ... t-11741134

Never been a fan of Jo Brand, but if a comedian making a joke is deemed incitement to violence where does it all end?
I swear book burning isn't far away at this rate.
We see this differently Nev.....to me that is not a "Joke" it is a statement.....a statement that

Trust me mate this PC Crap pisses me off as much as it does you....but we must still have some
Can't say what the hell you want no matter how anti social,under the guise of a "Joke"

We can't have a free for all where absolutely anything goes....that is a Nasty Nasty vindictive
bordering on evil thing to say.....and anyone that thinks it's funny to throw acid in someones

I'm certain you didn't find it funny mate....and are just coming at from a "Freedom of Speech"
Stance.....
Jeez, mate this is all part of snowflake culture.
Anything, literally anything, removed from context is a statement.
The context here is this was said by a comedian on a comedy programme, and was even qualified afterwards as NOT being advice.

Think what we're saying about ourselves as a society by suggesting any reference to violence, irrespective of context, is incitement.
That no-one can be trusted to use their common sense? That we're all too thick to understand the difference between humour or satire and advice or instruction.

I don't buy it. No normal, reasonable person is going to listen to a joke on a comedy show and think to themselves 'I know, I'll attack an MP with acid'. So are we saying we need to pander to lunatics? Don't mention violence, John is a violent nazi and it could set him off.

And if you think Brand's joke is criminal, rather than poor taste, how about Farage talking about picking up a rifle if he doesn't get the Brexit he wants?
I'd assumed he was joking, but the context wasn't a comedian making a joke on a comedy show.
I was making an assumption based on common sense and reason. Something certain sections of society don't credit the public with the capacity to do anymore.
1 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket » Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:31 pm

Neville Bartos wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:22 pm
mkhammer wrote:

Stance.....
The context here is this was said by a comedian on a comedy programme, and was even qualified afterwards as NOT being advice.

Think what we're saying about ourselves as a society by suggesting any reference to violence, irrespective of context, is incitement.
That no-one can be trusted to use their common sense? That we're all too thick to understand the difference between humour or satire and advice or instruction.

I don't buy it. No normal, reasonable person is going to listen to a joke on a comedy show and think to themselves 'I know, I'll attack an MP with acid'. So are we saying we need to pander to lunatics? Don't mention violence, John is a violent nazi and it could set him off.

And if you think Brand's joke is criminal, rather than poor taste, how about Farage talking about picking up a rifle if he doesn't get the Brexit he wants?
I'd assumed he was joking, but the context wasn't a comedian making a joke on a comedy show.
I was making an assumption based on common sense and reason. Something certain sections of society don't credit the public with the capacity to do anymore.
No SOH some , no make that MOST , people these days...
0 x
I hate Thrush he’s an irritating Cunt .

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:28 am

Neville Bartos wrote:
mkhammer wrote:

Stance.....

One of the reasons I love this Country we all live in so much is because of the free speaking free
thinking society we have created here.....people may slag it off for one reason or another,but
the fact remains its as a free a Democracy as anyone is ever gonna get...

But that doesn't mean anything and anyone is fair game....and it's morally and ethically wrong
that as a society we say its OK to laugh at Children burning in a tower block,and throwing acid
in someones face.....
We're allowed to say it cos of what I've said it being a "Free" democracy..but what I'm getting
at is,it still shouldn't be "OK" to do so .....people that resort to that stuff shouldn't be called
"funny comedians" or having any political,moral, or otherwise valid opinions.
For the life of me mate,I just do not get people finding it funny,or acceptable, I'll laugh at
most stuff, have a crack and a wind up...I love it, far from being a boring pc do gooding prude,
but you must agree there has to be limits on what is morally accepted.

We can't stop these arseholes from saying this shit,tho some of it Legally I can see them being
brought to the courts.....very borderline some of it...personally I don't want to see that,some kinda
big brother approach,last thing I want.

I just wanna see it looked down on....not applauded,like most things in life,whether its politics,
or this sorta stuff...it's the extremes,pushing the boundaries we have to be aware of....
Very fragile society we live in now...gotta be careful what we say,you can't accidentally call
someone "Coloured",but you can say why don't we throw acid in that blokes face....very strange... :lol:

We need Boundaries mate...
0 x

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:49 pm

mkhammer wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:28 am
Neville Bartos wrote:

One of the reasons I love this Country we all live in so much is because of the free speaking free
thinking society we have created here.....people may slag it off for one reason or another,but

But that doesn't mean anything and anyone is fair game....and it's morally and ethically wrong
that as a society we say its OK to laugh at Children burning in a tower block,and throwing acid
in someones face.....
We're allowed to say it cos of what I've said it being a "Free" democracy..but what I'm getting
at is,it still shouldn't be "OK" to do so .....people that resort to that stuff shouldn't be called
For the life of me mate,I just do not get people finding it funny,or acceptable, I'll laugh at
most stuff, have a crack and a wind up...I love it, far from being a boring pc do gooding prude,

We can't stop these arseholes from saying this shit,tho some of it Legally I can see them being
brought to the courts.....very borderline some of it...personally I don't want to see that,some kinda

I just wanna see it looked down on....not applauded,like most things in life,whether its politics,
or this sorta stuff...it's the extremes,pushing the boundaries we have to be aware of....
Very fragile society we live in now...gotta be careful what we say,you can't accidentally call
someone "Coloured",but you can say why don't we throw acid in that blokes face....very strange... :lol:

Mate, we have laws in place already. What we're seeing here is something more insidious.
The issue is conflating a joke about something with the thing itself.
Rape, murder, child abuse, genocide, the Holocaust, etc, etc, etc. All horrible things, but to say joking about these things is akin endorsing, or even taking them lightly is entirely ridiculous.

So, no, no-one is laughing at acid being thrown on someone, but laughing at a joke about it isn't the same thing.
I watched Schindler's List and thought it was a great movie. That doesn't mean I think the Holocaust was great. That's the distinction here.

The worst thing is this shit is everywhere now.
Clarkson makes a joke about executing people on strike... anyone would think he was entirely serious from the reaction. And that's the lie, that's the trick. To treat humour, fiction and even mistakes as if they're entirely deliberate and utterly serious.
Same with Brand. Same with everyone.
This is an effort from the left and the right to outlaw, what is in their opinion, offensive.
It is an attack on free speech. It's an attack on free thought. It is the beginnings of the slippery slope. Ignore it at your peril.
1 x

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:34 am

An unbelievably crass and stupid comment by a crass and stupid woman. And another example of the BBC scoring an own goal in broadcasting it imo.

Perhaps someone should throw acid in her face. Let's be frank, it might improve her looks if not her sense of humour.
0 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer » Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:29 am

Neville Bartos wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:49 pm
mkhammer wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:28 am

in someones face.....

Mate, we have laws in place already. What we're seeing here is something more insidious.
The issue is conflating a joke about something with the thing itself.
Rape, murder, child abuse, genocide, the Holocaust, etc, etc, etc. All horrible things, but to say joking about these things is akin endorsing, or even taking them lightly is entirely ridiculous.

So, no, no-one is laughing at acid being thrown on someone, but laughing at a joke about it isn't the same thing.
I watched Schindler's List and thought it was a great movie. That doesn't mean I think the Holocaust was great. That's the distinction here.

The worst thing is this shit is everywhere now.
Clarkson makes a joke about executing people on strike... anyone would think he was entirely serious from the reaction. And that's the lie, that's the trick. To treat humour, fiction and even mistakes as if they're entirely deliberate and utterly serious.
Same with Brand. Same with everyone.
This is an effort from the left and the right to outlaw, what is in their opinion, offensive.
It is an attack on free speech. It's an attack on free thought. It is the beginnings of the slippery slope. Ignore it at your peril.
I spose it's the crossing the line thing mate....every ones line is in a different place...

I think if something is over the top....phythonesque sorta stuff...that's screaming at you....
This is Comedy.....but the way brand puts it across,which is def politically based by the way,
it becomes almost semi serious....thats crossed the line for me.

Like I say Nev don't want a law on it...just responsibility to be taken..just want people going
that Fuckin sucks...

For crying out loud we allowed Abu Hamza to preach on the streets of London for a year or so telling
people to kill our troops and police...while the old bill are looking on....before he could be nicked...

That's where we are at the moment.....just how far do we let "Free Speech" go ....
0 x

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond » Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:37 am

Whiskyman wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:34 am
An unbelievably crass and stupid comment by a crass and stupid woman. And another example of the BBC scoring an own goal in broadcasting it imo.

Perhaps someone should throw acid in her face. Let's be frank, it might improve her looks if not her sense of humour.
The main problem from a humorous point of view was the comic aspect did not sit up and demand stroking. Milk shakes have a silly connotation but battery acid is simply not ever going to have a funny side.

Had Jo who was in the studio at the time of broadcast, been a more flexible joker, then she might have imagined substituting a milk shake for a pot of Dulux easycare washable chocolate matt, as the days weather conditions suggested that Nige could do with a second coat...
0 x

Social Media