Is ultra liberalism the new fascism?

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
mkhammer

Re: Is ultra liberalism the new fascism?

Post by mkhammer » Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:43 pm

Neville Bartos wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:14 pm
mkhammer wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:19 pm
Ah it's that definition of a word again aint it.....some People hear Nationalist.....straight away they're
oh..National front...right wing thugs...Nazi salutes...Thanks mainly to our press/media for that,
To Them theres no such thing as a moderate Right Winger...straight away the term "Far right" is
used.
Thats why I used the FLA thing...that was an across board political march,yes there was guys
from groups that we don't want around,but prob 90% plus were just average guys right across
the political spectrum....YET....it is referred to as a Far Right thing....heap of shit,lies,propaganda,
(fuckin hell I've become an anarchist... :lol: )
But makes a great story......Press aren't the least bit interested in a peaceful march....
But Deep down EVERYONE knows that.

I use the proper defined meaning...someone that is proud and supportive of their country,wants
to keep it's sovereignty and be self-governing,to have an identity,to maintain its institutions and
culture.
It's not an extreme view in fact it's very Basic....you can be anything, have any political view,
and still be a"Nationalist".....Don't let people hijack the word for ulterior motives.

Our country by definition is one of tolerance....our Culture is built on immigration,thats fact,
being a Nationalist doesn't make you anti immigration,all it means is you want to protect the
people that are here...irrespective of race or colour,controlled immigration isnt
anti immigration as the press/media like everyone to think.

The Hitler Reference was an example of the Political circle....you keep going in one
direction away from each other and you'll end up meeting each other...
Like some clever Bastard said, can't recall...show me a revolutionary leader,and I'll
show you a Dictator.....
Bloody hell, mate, if you don't expect people to jump to the most negative conclusion possible then you're out of step with the world we live in.
The problem is the far right have co-opted and corrupted many of the symbolism of the English nation. At least the Nazi's had the decency to design and use their own flag.

As for definitions? There's no 'proper' definition. Nationalism covers a range of views, everything from national self interest to independence to rabid xenophobia. I'd say it's up to you to define what you mean when you say you're a nationalist, because we know most people will think the worst.

I think that 'history of tolerance' stuff is often misused. Our history, and human history in general, is one of conflict and intolerance.
Yes, most of the time there's an uneasy status quo, but it doesn't take much for it to bubble over.
Your trying to disagree,whilst actually agreeing...because someone interprets something one way,
doesn't mean it's the correct interpretation of it,but you know that anyway.
I did explain what my use of Nationalism was,and why I'm careful where and when I use it.
I am in step with the world....I Think... :lol:
And I see people jumping on bandwagons,without actually knowing or understanding what they're
F.in jumping on,just following who shouts the loudest,which is usually the ignorant minority.

I don't think you'll find a more tolerant Country than the UK,prop 70% of world is intolerant
but we do our best here.

Hitler/Nazis stole the Swastika from the Indian Hindus and Buddists...it was a sign of well being and
peace.....Got a few on board then thought he'd run with it I spose....Fuck Knows..
0 x

Neville Bartos

Re: Is ultra liberalism the new fascism?

Post by Neville Bartos » Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:05 pm

mkhammer wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:43 pm
Neville Bartos wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:14 pm

Bloody hell, mate, if you don't expect people to jump to the most negative conclusion possible then you're out of step with the world we live in.
The problem is the far right have co-opted and corrupted many of the symbolism of the English nation. At least the Nazi's had the decency to design and use their own flag.

As for definitions? There's no 'proper' definition. Nationalism covers a range of views, everything from national self interest to independence to rabid xenophobia. I'd say it's up to you to define what you mean when you say you're a nationalist, because we know most people will think the worst.

I think that 'history of tolerance' stuff is often misused. Our history, and human history in general, is one of conflict and intolerance.
Yes, most of the time there's an uneasy status quo, but it doesn't take much for it to bubble over.
Your trying to disagree,whilst actually agreeing...because someone interprets something one way,
doesn't mean it's the correct interpretation of it,but you know that anyway.
I did explain what my use of Nationalism was,and why I'm careful where and when I use it.
I am in step with the world....I Think... :lol:
And I see people jumping on bandwagons,without actually knowing or understanding what they're
F.in jumping on,just following who shouts the loudest,which is usually the ignorant minority.

I don't think you'll find a more tolerant Country than the UK,prop 70% of world is intolerant
but we do our best here.

Hitler/Nazis stole the Swastika from the Indian Hindus and Buddists...it was a sign of well being and
peace.....Got a few on board then thought he'd run with it I spose....Fuck Knows..
Careful, mate, you'll give my game away with unhelpful insights like that. ;)
I'd say you'd need to be specific about what your not in favour of these days.
It has to be a rule of thumb to qualify every statement. Doubly so if race, gender, or nationality are somewhere in the mix.
I mean if someone I'm arguing with doesn't qualify what they mean I'll more than happily bash them over the nut with it.

Ignorance is pertinent to tolerance. The more informed people are the less likely they are to be intolerant. I think the same goes for cultural independence. A person not affiliated to a particular group, be it religious or political, tends to be less susceptible to propaganda, and more inclined to source their information/news more diversely.

Anyway, mate, I know you're a lovely bloke, so there's no chance you're a Nazi. :D
1 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

Social Media