REAL Music

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
kingclyde

REAL Music

Post by kingclyde » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:56 am

Enough of the strepsil-challenging thrash-metal shite, and every other of the ever increasing multitude of metal sub-genres. Enough of the prog blokes dressed as wizards playing twelve pianos while suspended in a fairy grotto. And enough of "rock" bands that you can see outperformed in the Dog and Duck most Friday nights (Yes, I'm looking at YOU, U2).

This is proper music.

Music that maybe will not get you any brownie points when trying to look cool with your mates. Music that you would never put on the juke box. But when it comes on, a little bit of you goes "I fucking LOVE this". On the outside, you may roll your eyes so your wife can see you are still cutting edge cool and down with the kids. But in reality, your little foot is tapping like a metronome and you start thinking that maybe a cardigan really IS practical year-round apparel.

2 x

HammerJammer

Re: REAL Music

Post by HammerJammer » Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:47 am

I remember that Glen Campbell along with Oliver's Good Morning Starshine as part of the pre-match piped muzak at Shyte Fart Stain in the early 70s.

Spoils it for me.
0 x
Click here and enter 21212 to block the TottenScum Troll

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond » Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:32 am

kingclyde wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:56 am
Enough of the strepsil-challenging thrash-metal shite, and every other of the ever increasing multitude of metal sub-genres. Enough of the prog blokes dressed as wizards playing twelve pianos while suspended in a fairy grotto. And enough of "rock" bands that you can see outperformed in the Dog and Duck most Friday nights (Yes, I'm looking at YOU, U2).

This is proper music.

Music that maybe will not get you any brownie points when trying to look cool with your mates. Music that you would never put on the juke box. But when it comes on, a little bit of you goes "I fucking LOVE this". On the outside, you may roll your eyes so your wife can see you are still cutting edge cool and down with the kids. But in reality, your little foot is tapping like a metronome and you start thinking that maybe a cardigan really IS practical year-round apparel.

One of the enjoyable things about this forum is the absence of sarcasm from the membership. I put this down to good admin stewardship and the right collection of drugs.

So imagine my delight in finding some "real music" to accompany my rather ambitious breakfast this morning. I am so pleased that I have given you a recommend and will probably do the washing up unprompted.
1 x

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer » Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:53 am

kingclyde wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:56 am

This is proper music.

That's the Beauty of Enjoying all Music not just One Genre...I Admit I seriously love this Bloke,
Great Documentary bout him on BBC 4 recently,seen it before,so prob on iplayer somewhere,
Brilliant guitarist....played on a shitload of songs as a session player...all the monkees stuff,
played on pet sounds...they asked him to become a Beachboy.
Was in true Grit with John Wayne...one of my fav films..

Another Jimmy Webb Song ..by the time I get to phoenix...brilliant.
1 x

kingclyde

Post by kingclyde » Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:22 pm

I am in negotiation at the moment with a manufacturer to produce a custom range of cardigans and slippers.

They will be in a wide range of colours - Beige, Taupe, Fawn and Light Brown - but a tartan range is also planned for the more racy types.

They will be available from "FuckYourMetalGiveMeEasyListening.com"

More honey for your ears:

0 x

palerider

Post by palerider » Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:25 pm

Da da da da da da da

Da da da da da da da da

Remember that one Frog ?
0 x
Determined to take us to the next level.

kingclyde

Post by kingclyde » Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:16 pm

palerider wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:25 pm
Da da da da da da da

Da da da da da da da da

Remember that one Frog ?
:lol: :lol:

Oh well, Mr. P - that could be one of many....

0 x

Pennywise

Post by Pennywise » Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:19 pm

kingclyde wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:22 pm
I am in negotiation at the moment with a manufacturer to produce a custom range of cardigans and slippers.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: You silly cunt, That line genuinely made me lol. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nice song, my Nan would have loved it, bless her.
0 x

kingclyde

Post by kingclyde » Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:44 pm

Pennywise wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:19 pm
kingclyde wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:22 pm
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: You silly cunt, That line genuinely made me lol. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Let me know your size and I'll get you some free sample slippers. As you are a bit young and blingy, I expect you will want the "bad boy" Tartan? Rest assured, they are more of a statement than the beige, and will certainly cut a dash at the tea dance, but they are still fur-lined with elasticated side inserts, so they'll be just as comfy. :)
0 x

Pennywise

Post by Pennywise » Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:52 pm

kingclyde wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:44 pm
Pennywise wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:19 pm

Let me know your size and I'll get you some free sample slippers. As you are a bit young and blingy, I expect you will want the "bad boy" Tartan? Rest assured, they are more of a statement than the beige, and will certainly cut a dash at the tea dance, but they are still fur-lined with elasticated side inserts, so they'll be just as comfy. :)
Young and blingy.......I am 40 and have a cardigan across the back of my chair right now, honestly. You'd love it; it's maroon, with a white, navy and grey check pattern across the middle.

Before I decide on colour, do they have a leather patch at the elbow? I don't want to be chucking the thing in the bin after 23 years because it didn't have a leather patch at the elbow.
0 x

Social Media