The BIG HALF (marathon)

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
User avatar
garnett
Posts: 806
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 8:58 am
Location: Bow
x 7
x 15

The BIG HALF (marathon)

Post by garnett » Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:42 pm

This Sunday 10th, anyone else other than my good self taking part ?

Starts Tower Bridge to Canary Wharf, back and over Tower Bridge to the dark side and ends in Greenwich Park.

ROAD CLOSURES WILL BE IN PLACE, Sunday drivers should be aware.
0 x

User avatar
Newmarket
Posts: 10017
Joined: Tue May 17, 2016 10:03 pm
x 298
x 168

Re: The BIG HALF (marathon)

Post by Newmarket » Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:49 pm

garnett wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:42 pm
This Sunday 10th, anyone else other than my good self taking part ?

Starts Tower Bridge to Canary Wharf, back and over Tower Bridge to the dark side and ends in Greenwich Park.

ROAD CLOSURES WILL BE IN PLACE, Sunday drivers should be aware.
Sounds a bit like physical exertion to me Garn :D

Is it for charity or are you just a lunatic ? :lol:
0 x
I hate Thrush he’s an irritating Cunt .

User avatar
jameskel
Posts: 1519
Joined: Mon May 30, 2016 11:22 pm
x 59

Re: The BIG HALF (marathon)

Post by jameskel » Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:26 pm

Wife's doing it, not for charity :D
0 x
Taans can fuck right off

User avatar
garnett
Posts: 806
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 8:58 am
Location: Bow
x 7
x 15

Re: The BIG HALF (marathon)

Post by garnett » Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:09 am

Newmarket wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:49 pm
garnett wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:42 pm
This Sunday 10th, anyone else other than my good self taking part ?

Starts Tower Bridge to Canary Wharf, back and over Tower Bridge to the dark side and ends in Greenwich Park.

ROAD CLOSURES WILL BE IN PLACE, Sunday drivers should be aware.
Sounds a bit like physical exertion to me Garn :D

Is it for charity or are you just a lunatic ? :lol:
Morning mate, the first big event where I am actually running for fun, yes fun, I am 60 in June, putting on headphones listening to my music and setting myself personal targets is my way of escaping from this mad not very nice world that we live in. Yes the physical side is exerting, but not as stressful as trying to collect a 5er from people who said " yeah mate, I will donate, just let me know when you have done it "
2 x

User avatar
Mikeveep
Posts: 1679
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 3:00 pm
Location: Trendy Walthamstow
x 29
x 88

Re: The BIG HALF (marathon)

Post by Mikeveep » Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:12 pm

I have an occasional jog when I am walking my dog,maybe 200 yards....

13 miles though ! Good luck !
0 x

User avatar
Avit
Posts: 1252
Joined: Tue May 17, 2016 11:49 pm
x 14
x 14

Re: The BIG HALF (marathon)

Post by Avit » Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:26 pm

garnett wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:09 am
Newmarket wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:49 pm


Sounds a bit like physical exertion to me Garn :D

Is it for charity or are you just a lunatic ? :lol:
Morning mate, the first big event where I am actually running for fun, yes fun, I am 60 in June, putting on headphones listening to my music and setting myself personal targets is my way of escaping from this mad not very nice world that we live in. Yes the physical side is exerting, but not as stressful as trying to collect a 5er from people who said " yeah mate, I will donate, just let me know when you have done it "
Been looking for you over RG....
60? Fuck off....that was years ago x
0 x

User avatar
Avit
Posts: 1252
Joined: Tue May 17, 2016 11:49 pm
x 14
x 14

Re: The BIG HALF (marathon)

Post by Avit » Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:29 pm

garnett wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:42 pm
This Sunday 10th, anyone else other than my good self taking part ?

Starts Tower Bridge to Canary Wharf, back and over Tower Bridge to the dark side and ends in Greenwich Park.

ROAD CLOSURES WILL BE IN PLACE, Sunday drivers should be aware.
Me and Oziron have funny story about the 'arf marathon....
0 x

User avatar
garnett
Posts: 806
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 8:58 am
Location: Bow
x 7
x 15

Re: The BIG HALF (marathon)

Post by garnett » Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:56 am

Avit wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:26 pm
garnett wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:09 am


Morning mate, the first big event where I am actually running for fun, yes fun, I am 60 in June, putting on headphones listening to my music and setting myself personal targets is my way of escaping from this mad not very nice world that we live in. Yes the physical side is exerting, but not as stressful as trying to collect a 5er from people who said " yeah mate, I will donate, just let me know when you have done it "
Been looking for you over RG....
60? Fuck off....that was years ago x
Morning, trust you are well,

Kick offs are too late for me, like my Sunday afternoons in the pub, but you never know, may make an appearance this season
0 x

User avatar
garnett
Posts: 806
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 8:58 am
Location: Bow
x 7
x 15

Re: The BIG HALF (marathon)

Post by garnett » Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:57 am

Avit wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:29 pm
garnett wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:42 pm
This Sunday 10th, anyone else other than my good self taking part ?

Starts Tower Bridge to Canary Wharf, back and over Tower Bridge to the dark side and ends in Greenwich Park.

ROAD CLOSURES WILL BE IN PLACE, Sunday drivers should be aware.
Me and Oziron have funny story about the 'arf marathon....

Please share.....
0 x

User avatar
Mikeveep
Posts: 1679
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 3:00 pm
Location: Trendy Walthamstow
x 29
x 88

Re: The BIG HALF (marathon)

Post by Mikeveep » Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:45 am

I'll bet it was so funny,Alf, they fell off their Zimmer frames...
0 x

Post Reply

Social Media