This Bloody Website (Techie Issues)

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
User avatar
Whiskyman
Posts: 7120
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:05 pm
x 93
x 406

This Bloody Website (Techie Issues)

Post by Whiskyman » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:56 am

Right explain this . I am obviously not banned because I am posting right now . But I’m having to use my tablet because I can no longer log in on my main computer . I have requested a password reset and been told a link will be sent by email but no email has been received . Now when I try to login or re-register I am told I have exceeded the Maximum number of attempts and have to answer a silly question which I have done but still no password reset link materialises .

I’ve even filled in a form which is supposed to go to admin but I don’t think it has done because I’ve had no reply . I am not a tech wiz but I’m not a complete dummy either and for the life of me I can’t see how I can remain logged in on my tablet and not be able to log in on my computer . I’m guessing it is a problem with the software . If anyone has any idea how to get round this problem please respond preferably in idiot proof language .

Of course if I have been banned please ban me on my tablet as well then at least I’ll know what’s going on ;)
0 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

User avatar
jameskel
Posts: 1599
Joined: Mon May 30, 2016 11:22 pm
x 98

Re: This Bloody Website (Techie Issues)

Post by jameskel » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:59 am

Please

:D
0 x
Taans can fuck right off

User avatar
palerider
Posts: 7327
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:35 am
Location: Somerset
x 191
x 510

Re: This Bloody Website (Techie Issues)

Post by palerider » Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:00 am

I can log on on my laptop but not my mobile.


It doesn't recognise the password which I know is correct.

I blame Brexit.
0 x
Determined to take us to the next level.

User avatar
Caboose
Posts: 88
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:34 pm
x 7
x 14

Re: This Bloody Website (Techie Issues)

Post by Caboose » Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:11 am

Same thing happened to me mate. I used to be Hammersaurus but one day I found I couldnt log on. Did the question thing but no luck. Contacted admin with the form but the cunts ignored me. So I registered again and used a different e mail. The software is shit and those CAPTCHA things are fucking crap anyway.
0 x

User avatar
mkhammer
Posts: 4014
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 11:12 am
x 173
x 191

Re: This Bloody Website (Techie Issues)

Post by mkhammer » Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:49 am

Whiskyman wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:56 am
Right explain this . I am obviously not banned because I am posting right now . But I’m having to use my tablet because I can no longer log in on my main computer . I have requested a password reset and been told a link will be sent by email but no email has been received . Now when I try to login or re-register I am told I have exceeded the Maximum number of attempts and have to answer a silly question which I have done but still no password reset link materialises .

I’ve even filled in a form which is supposed to go to admin but I don’t think it has done because I’ve had no reply . I am not a tech wiz but I’m not a complete dummy either and for the life of me I can’t see how I can remain logged in on my tablet and not be able to log in on my computer . I’m guessing it is a problem with the software . If anyone has any idea how to get round this problem please respond preferably in idiot proof language .

Of course if I have been banned please ban me on my tablet as well then at least I’ll know what’s going on ;)

Prob nothing to do with it mate,but if I use a VPN on Firefox it causes probs sometimes,when
switch it off prob seems to go away....its pretty rare but does happen.

Like I say prob nothing to do with your prob..Probably.... :lol:
0 x

User avatar
Whiskyman
Posts: 7120
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:05 pm
x 93
x 406

Re: This Bloody Website (Techie Issues)

Post by Whiskyman » Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:57 pm

mkhammer wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:49 am
Whiskyman wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:56 am
Right explain this . I am obviously not banned because I am posting right now . But I’m having to use my tablet because I can no longer log in on my main computer . I have requested a password reset and been told a link will be sent by email but no email has been received . Now when I try to login or re-register I am told I have exceeded the Maximum number of attempts and have to answer a silly question which I have done but still no password reset link materialises .

I’ve even filled in a form which is supposed to go to admin but I don’t think it has done because I’ve had no reply . I am not a tech wiz but I’m not a complete dummy either and for the life of me I can’t see how I can remain logged in on my tablet and not be able to log in on my computer . I’m guessing it is a problem with the software . If anyone has any idea how to get round this problem please respond preferably in idiot proof language .

Of course if I have been banned please ban me on my tablet as well then at least I’ll know what’s going on ;)

Prob nothing to do with it mate,but if I use a VPN on Firefox it causes probs sometimes,when
switch it off prob seems to go away....its pretty rare but does happen.

Like I say prob nothing to do with your prob..Probably.... :lol:
I can see why a VPN might make it difficult for the system to recognise you because it masks your normal IP address . But I am not using a VPN anyway the only reason my login record has been wiped is because I had to reset my Windows program . There is clearly something wrong with the software because my email address is recognised because I can’t re-register and I know the password I am using is the correct one . But hey it’s not the end of the world . Although I do like to know why things like this happen ;)
0 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

User avatar
Brookbonds73
Posts: 4973
Joined: Mon May 30, 2016 2:34 am
x 133
x 305

Re: This Bloody Website (Techie Issues)

Post by Brookbonds73 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:24 pm

I think they think you're a bit of a cunt to be honest. shakeass
0 x
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

User avatar
BillyDWhizz
Posts: 2884
Joined: Sat May 28, 2016 7:34 pm
x 63
x 187

Re: This Bloody Website (Techie Issues)

Post by BillyDWhizz » Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:34 pm

Whiskyman wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:56 am
Right explain this . I am obviously not banned because I am posting right now . But I’m having to use my tablet because I can no longer log in on my main computer . I have requested a password reset and been told a link will be sent by email but no email has been received . Now when I try to login or re-register I am told I have exceeded the Maximum number of attempts and have to answer a silly question which I have done but still no password reset link materialises .

I’ve even filled in a form which is supposed to go to admin but I don’t think it has done because I’ve had no reply . I am not a tech wiz but I’m not a complete dummy either and for the life of me I can’t see how I can remain logged in on my tablet and not be able to log in on my computer . I’m guessing it is a problem with the software . If anyone has any idea how to get round this problem please respond preferably in idiot proof language .

Of course if I have been banned please ban me on my tablet as well then at least I’ll know what’s going on ;)
A lot of site issues can be caused by corrupt cookies or cache problems. What browser do you use on your main computer?
0 x
Rounding to the nearest whole numbers makes them pointless.

User avatar
mkhammer
Posts: 4014
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 11:12 am
x 173
x 191

Re: This Bloody Website (Techie Issues)

Post by mkhammer » Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:31 pm

Whiskyman wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:57 pm
mkhammer wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:49 am



Prob nothing to do with it mate,but if I use a VPN on Firefox it causes probs sometimes,when
switch it off prob seems to go away....its pretty rare but does happen.

Like I say prob nothing to do with your prob..Probably.... :lol:
I can see why a VPN might make it difficult for the system to recognise you because it masks your normal IP address . But I am not using a VPN anyway the only reason my login record has been wiped is because I had to reset my Windows program . There is clearly something wrong with the software because my email address is recognised because I can’t re-register and I know the password I am using is the correct one . But hey it’s not the end of the world . Although I do like to know why things like this happen ;)
Went to log into my Bank last week...usual formalities,but you have a Code No.,then asked for
2 random numbers/letters from your password....but the code comes up automatically in
asterisks so you never actually see it,it's always correct, done it hundreds of times probably,
so take it for granted it's right...
So anyway shut me out twice....so thought on 3rd attempt,make sure 100% correct,entered it manually
shut me out again...couldn't access account,had to wait for a new code to come thru...
Something thats worked fine Hundreds of times,just goes I aint working no more...Frustrating,
and does make you wonder why..
0 x

User avatar
Neville Bartos
Posts: 3557
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:29 am
Location: Flyyyyyyyyyin'
x 293
x 368

Re: This Bloody Website (Techie Issues)

Post by Neville Bartos » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:39 pm

You should post these tech questions on Forum News and Updates. I got an answer to my post in less than a fortnight. Though I should add my question still hasn't been answered six weeks later. :D
0 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

Post Reply

Social Media