This Bloody Website (Techie Issues)

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
Newmarket

Re: This Bloody Website (Techie Issues)

Post by Newmarket » Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:03 am

Neville Bartos wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:39 pm
You should post these tech questions on Forum News and Updates. I got an answer to my post in less than a fortnight. Though I should add my question still hasn't been answered six weeks later. :D
You can’t get the staff .

😂
0 x
I hate Thrush he’s an irritating Cunt .

Gonzo

Post by Gonzo » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:26 am

Whiskyman wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:56 am
Right explain this . I am obviously not banned because I am posting right now . But I’m having to use my tablet because I can no longer log in on my main computer . I have requested a password reset and been told a link will be sent by email but no email has been received . Now when I try to login or re-register I am told I have exceeded the Maximum number of attempts and have to answer a silly question which I have done but still no password reset link materialises .

I’ve even filled in a form which is supposed to go to admin but I don’t think it has done because I’ve had no reply . I am not a tech wiz but I’m not a complete dummy either and for the life of me I can’t see how I can remain logged in on my tablet and not be able to log in on my computer . I’m guessing it is a problem with the software . If anyone has any idea how to get round this problem please respond preferably in idiot proof language .

Of course if I have been banned please ban me on my tablet as well then at least I’ll know what’s going on ;)

Sorry Whisky, I was so busy trying to search for numbers Anderson post that I seem to have missed this.

It most certainly is a cache problem and your browser needs to be cleared.

If that is proving difficult it might just be easier for me to change your password this end from the admin panel.

The 'request new password system that you used is automated by whoever designed the software and is a bit shit.

If you struggle to clear the cache & cookies send me an email hammerschat@gmail.com
0 x

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:56 am

Gonzo wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:26 am
Whiskyman wrote:
Right explain this . I am obviously not banned because I am posting right now . But I’m having to use my tablet because I can no longer log in on my main computer . I have requested a password reset and been told a link will be sent by email but no email has been received . Now when I try to login or re-register I am told I have exceeded the Maximum number of attempts and have to answer a silly question which I have done but still no password reset link materialises .

I’ve even filled in a form which is supposed to go to admin but I don’t think it has done because I’ve had no reply . I am not a tech wiz but I’m not a complete dummy either and for the life of me I can’t see how I can remain logged in on my tablet and not be able to log in on my computer . I’m guessing it is a problem with the software . If anyone has any idea how to get round this problem please respond preferably in idiot proof language .

Of course if I have been banned please ban me on my tablet as well then at least I’ll know what’s going on ;)

Sorry Whisky, I was so busy trying to search for numbers Anderson post that I seem to have missed this.

It most certainly is a cache problem and your browser needs to be cleared.

If that is proving difficult it might just be easier for me to change your password this end from the admin panel.

The 'request new password system that you used is automated by whoever designed the software and is a bit shit.

If you struggle to clear the cache & cookies send me an email hammerschat@gmail.com
Keyboard shortcut shift+Ctrl+Delete...bit technical but it is was it is...
0 x

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:59 am

BillyDWhizz wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:34 pm
Whiskyman wrote:

A lot of site issues can be caused by corrupt cookies or cache problems. What browser do you use on your main computer?
Microsoft edge but I have also tried Google and the same thing happens . My cookies and cache were cleared when I reset my system so I don’t think they are the problem although clearly my computer is no longer recognised .
0 x
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:00 am

Brookbonds73 wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:24 pm
I think they think you're a bit of a cunt to be honest. shakeass
At least they’ve got that bit right :D
1 x

Gonzo

Post by Gonzo » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:28 pm

Whiskyman wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:00 am
Brookbonds73 wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:24 pm
I think they think you're a bit of a cunt to be honest. shakeass
Just in case you read this before your email I've set it up with your new password mate.
0 x

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:37 pm

Gonzo wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:28 pm
Whiskyman wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:00 am

Just in case you read this before your email I've set it up with your new password mate.
Cheers. We have lift off. :D
0 x

Gonzo

Post by Gonzo » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:40 pm

Whiskyman wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:37 pm
Gonzo wrote:

Good man whufc_crest
0 x

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:26 am

Whiskyman wrote:
Gonzo wrote:

A quick chorus of "Bubbles" makes the medicine go down...
0 x

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:54 pm

BlackDiamond wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:26 am
Whiskyman wrote:

A quick chorus of "Bubbles" makes the medicine go down...
Behave yourself. Didn't you read that post where someone said about certain things being in our DNA?

That fucking song sums it up perfectly. ;)
1 x

Social Media