Flairon

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
Taansend

Re: Flairon

Post by Taansend » Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:39 pm

Oziron wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:23 am
i wasn't sure if this was a Taans wind-up but from what i read elsewhere it's obviously not....Great to hear you are on the mend Flairo....Stay well...

ps....I concur with Newmarket....Taans is a cunt.....(A sulky cunt ..... ;) ;) ;) )
Not sulking, Mate. People were ok with Antonio being called a N*****. That don't sit well with me.
0 x

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos » Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:22 pm

Taansend wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:39 pm
Oziron wrote:
i wasn't sure if this was a Taans wind-up but from what i read elsewhere it's obviously not....Great to hear you are on the mend Flairo....Stay well...

ps....I concur with Newmarket....Taans is a cunt.....(A sulky cunt ..... ;) ;) ;) )
Not sulking, Mate. People were ok with Antonio being called a N*****. That don't sit well with me.
Eh? When the fuck did that happen? I can't speak for people but I never saw Antonio called that.
0 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

Oziron
Director of Avatars

Post by Oziron » Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:56 pm

Taansend wrote:
Oziron wrote:

I never saw that....No reason to leave though...Just makes the racists stronger imho..
0 x

Taansend

Post by Taansend » Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:26 am

Oziron wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:56 pm
Taansend wrote:

I never saw that....No reason to leave though...Just makes the racists stronger imho..
It was back in December. Someone posted that a West Ham fan got kicked out of a game for calling Antonio that. Then others on here started saying it was ok as all black people use that word.

No need for me to lower myself to share a forum with people that stupid. I'll look in a few times a week but I'm never going to be ok with racism so don't need to post (other than this 😁)
0 x

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos » Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:44 am

Taansend wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:26 am
Oziron wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:56 pm

It was back in December. Someone posted that a West Ham fan got kicked out of a game for calling Antonio that. Then others on here started saying it was ok as all black people use that word.

No need for me to lower myself to share a forum with people that stupid. I'll look in a few times a week but I'm never going to be ok with racism so don't need to post (other than this 😁)
Link it up and let's have a butchers then?
0 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

Oziron
Director of Avatars

Post by Oziron » Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:10 am

Neville Bartos wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:44 am
Taansend wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:26 am

Taans was referring to this thread
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=9885&hilit=nigger

Indeed people who think that it is acceptable to use the N word just because some black folk use it in their gangsta lyrics are missing the point. You only have to look at the historical context of how certain words were used to realise that they are not appropriate to use in this more 'enlightened' age. If groups want to re appropriate a certain word to diffuse its significance then all well and good but it still doesn't give the right for everyone to use it.

There have always been right wing fans on here and some do go down the racist line sometimes but tbh it's a lot better than it was back in the day. You don't have to agree with another persons politics to be able to discuss issues.

For me this forum is a much better place with the likes of Taans around even if he is a cunt.... ;) ;) ;)
0 x

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos » Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:59 am

Oziron wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:10 am
Neville Bartos wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:44 am

Indeed people who think that it is acceptable to use the N word just because some black folk use it in their gangsta lyrics are missing the point. You only have to look at the historical context of how certain words were used to realise that they are not appropriate to use in this more 'enlightened' age. If groups want to re appropriate a certain word to diffuse its significance then all well and good but it still doesn't give the right for everyone to use it.

There have always been right wing fans on here and some do go down the racist line sometimes but tbh it's a lot better than it was back in the day. You don't have to agree with another persons politics to be able to discuss issues.

For me this forum is a much better place with the likes of Taans around even if he is a cunt.... ;) ;) ;)
Firstly, agreed, Taans is definitely a cunt.

Now, I've scanned through that thread, and only one person suggests that racist language should not draw any kind of censure.
I see Taans arguing with Dicksies Diner and Newmarket, but I don't see anyone arguing that using the word n***er at an English football match is acceptable.
What am I missing?
0 x

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond » Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:34 am

Neville Bartos wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:59 am
Oziron wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:10 am

Firstly, agreed, Taans is definitely a cunt.

Now, I've scanned through that thread, and only one person suggests that racist language should not draw any kind of censure.
I see Taans arguing with Dicksies Diner and Newmarket, but I don't see anyone arguing that using the word n***er at an English football match is acceptable.
What am I missing?
The argument is really about do people have the right to be knowingly offensive without provocation. And I think they don't. Or rather that usually never ends the way it was intended. So save the later grief

I wouldn't advocate a ban on individual words, but some of them are so slippery that you better be damned careful how you arrange them when using. And rule of thumb - if nobody else uses them,perhaps try something else.

and what if you can't be bothered...I think people will realize that themselves
0 x

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:16 pm

I like Taans.
There's no doubting he's a cunt, but I happen to think he's a damn fine egg.
1 x
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

dagenhamdave

Post by dagenhamdave » Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:38 pm

Glad to hear everything is going well with/after the operation, good luck with the Penis Enlargement. ;) :lol:
0 x

Social Media