Captain Morgan hits a record 17 six's

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
palerider
Location: A small village on Mars just outside the capital city, Wibble

Re: Captain Morgan hits a record 17 six's

Post by palerider » Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:43 am

People who don't even like the game were jumping up and down last night.

Fantastic. Greatest game of cricket I've ever seen and nothing will better it. Feel for the Kiwis. Every bit of luck went our way but they were a credit to their country and in Kane Williamson they have a remarkable captain who's also a wonderful human being.

Well done England. You made us proud.
3 x
The cheque's in the post. Honestly.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:41 am

palerider wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:43 am

Fantastic. Greatest game of cricket I've ever seen and nothing will better it. Feel for the Kiwis. Every bit of luck went our way but they were a credit to their country and in Kane Williamson they have a remarkable captain who's also a wonderful human being.

"US" ? I wonder how many of the thousands who complain bitterly about the number of immigrants in this country feel proud that a squad consisting of some Englishmen, many sadly from Yorkshire, supported by a couple of South Africans, a New Zealander, a West Indian and captained by a fucking Irishman, feel suitably proud this morning. ;) ;)
International sport my arse. :lol: :lol:
0 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:46 am

Neville Bartos wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:21 am
ToneLoc wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:54 am
Ah at last.... the "big 3"......

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/cricket/48984303
Let's not forget the netball world cup is going on right now. So it could be the big 4. And wouldn't that be the cherry on the sporting cake?

Didn't West Ham old boy Andy Impey win a stage of the TDF today? What a magical weekend.
England have won the 3 major Sporting Team Trophies in World Sport and only Australia has a country have won 2 of them.
Last edited by terrya1965 on Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

palerider

Post by palerider » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:51 am

According to the laws of the game, the ricochet off Stokes' bat when diving for his ground which then went for four should not have been six runs in total but five, as they had not completed the second run when the ball hit the bat. In the heat of the moment the umpires didn't realise.

Meaning of course that NZ should have won by one run.

Best cancel the celebration party at the Oval today then. Then the Kiwis need to phone Sean Bean to organise the march.
0 x

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer » Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:28 am

palerider wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:43 am

Second that mate, great post......Love the Kiwis attitude,and the way they handle things,I admit I would
have been going garrity....True gents...

Tho keep schtum bout the stokes thing.....never know who reads HC...... :lol:
0 x

h69

Post by h69 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:46 am

Dwayne Pipes wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:55 pm
Well done England
Probably one of the greatest matches I’ve seen in any sport.
Proper edge of your seat stuff.
Fantastic.
Agreed. It was the most nailbiting for sure.
0 x
Watchout for Spongebob

jameskel

Post by jameskel » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:43 pm

Fucking brilliant sport

The pick up and throw from Roy at the end, should be enough for him to win sports personality of the year. Immense pressure and he nailed it
0 x
Taans can fuck right off

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:31 pm

palerider wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:51 am
According to the laws of the game, the ricochet off Stokes' bat when diving for his ground which then went for four should not have been six runs in total but five, as they had not completed the second run when the ball hit the bat. In the heat of the moment the umpires didn't realise.

Best cancel the celebration party at the Oval today then. Then the Kiwis need to phone Sean Bean to organise the march.
Archers first ball of the Super Over was not a wide,so that would have changed the dimension of the game.

Well done to England.Bloody proud of them..What a dramatic game.It just seesawed backwards and forwards../I thought we had lost it 3 times and some how we won it.

Overall,I think we deserved to win it,we beat the best other 3 teams in the competition before the Final.
0 x

palerider

Post by palerider » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:35 pm

terrya1965 wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:31 pm
palerider wrote:

Archers first ball of the Super Over was not a wide,so that would have changed the dimension of the game.

Well done to England.Bloody proud of them..What a dramatic game.It just seesawed backwards and forwards../I thought we had lost it 3 times and some how we won it.

Overall,I think we deserved to win it,we beat the best other 3 teams in the competition before the Final.
Agreed.
0 x

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:59 pm

palerider wrote:

The kiwis are class...

New Zealand batsman Henry Nicholls brushed off the decision as part of the sport.

"It doesn't mean anything to us now, it's the game, things happen,"

"Sometimes you get the rub of the green. England had a great tournament, they have been the dominant team for the last four years so they deserve to win it".
0 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

Social Media