Captain Morgan hits a record 17 six's

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
terrya1965

Re: Captain Morgan hits a record 17 six's

Post by terrya1965 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:49 pm

Neville Bartos wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:59 pm
palerider wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:51 am
According to the laws of the game, the ricochet off Stokes' bat when diving for his ground which then went for four should not have been six runs in total but five, as they had not completed the second run when the ball hit the bat. In the heat of the moment the umpires didn't realise.

Meaning of course that NZ should have won by one run.

Best cancel the celebration party at the Oval today then. Then the Kiwis need to phone Sean Bean to organise the march.
The kiwis are class...

New Zealand batsman Henry Nicholls brushed off the decision as part of the sport.

"It doesn't mean anything to us now, it's the game, things happen,"

"Sometimes you get the rub of the green. England had a great tournament, they have been the dominant team for the last four years so they deserve to win it".
I agree..The NZ Team never moaned about it..If that was India or Australia,they'd have probably asked the game to be replayed :?
1 x

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:40 pm

terrya1965 wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:49 pm
Neville Bartos wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:59 pm

The kiwis are class...

New Zealand batsman Henry Nicholls brushed off the decision as part of the sport.

"It doesn't mean anything to us now, it's the game, things happen,"

"Sometimes you get the rub of the green. England had a great tournament, they have been the dominant team for the last four years so they deserve to win it".
I agree..The NZ Team never moaned about it..If that was India or Australia,they'd have probably asked the game to be replayed :?
And had it been England who lost under those circumstances there would certainly have been media demands for the result to be voided. As a nation we are not the most gracious of losers.
0 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:12 pm

Whiskyman wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:40 pm
terrya1965 wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:49 pm

And had it been England who lost under those circumstances there would certainly have been media demands for the result to be voided. As a nation we are not the most gracious of losers.
Tbf,I think we are quite gracious loses.We have lost more Semi Finals/Finals,than we have won.Should have beat the Germans(Football )in 90 and 96 and didn't have no luck..If India would have lost,I think they would have demanded a rematch and got it too,because of the amount of money they put into cricket nowadays.
0 x

palerider
Location: A small village on Mars just outside the capital city, Wibble

Post by palerider » Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:55 am

terrya1965 wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:12 pm
Whiskyman wrote:

Tbf,I think we are quite gracious loses.We have lost more Semi Finals/Finals,than we have won.Should have beat the Germans(Football )in 90 and 96 and didn't have no luck..If India would have lost,I think they would have demanded a rematch and got it too,because of the amount of money they put into cricket nowadays.
Aaron Finch and Tim Paine are the captains of the Aussie one day and test teams respectively and come across as relatively decent blokes. Had it been Australia on the end of such a game I'm not sure they'd have made a fuss. Imagine the irony after years of calling us whingeing Poms.

But Virat Kohli, despite his brilliance, is the most arrogant and graceless cunt in cricket. He'd have demanded the game be awarded to India, or a re-match at least and you're right, the ICC, funded massively by the IPL, would have bowed to his demands.
0 x
The cheque's in the post. Honestly.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:47 am

terrya1965 wrote:
Whiskyman wrote:

Maybe you're right Terry. I think my opinion probably goes back to when Bobby Robson was England manager. Don't think we ever lost a game under him when he didn't bitch about something or other. He was the same at Ipswich too. And the followers of our footy team haven't been the greatest ambassadors for our country after some defeats.

I didn't watch the cricket because I can't stand the game but from what I read technically NZ should have won because of some rule mix up. A lot of people were on phone ins yesterday morning saying what a great game it was, and so on. Fair enough, but I don't think the reaction would have been the same if the result had gone the other way.

I'm not saying we're the world's worst. We're just like everyone else imo, but we do often adopt a superior attitude over such matters imo.
0 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

palerider

Post by palerider » Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:40 am

Whiskyman wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:47 am
terrya1965 wrote:

Maybe you're right Terry. I think my opinion probably goes back to when Bobby Robson was England manager. Don't think we ever lost a game under him when he didn't bitch about something or other. He was the same at Ipswich too. And the followers of our footy team haven't been the greatest ambassadors for our country after some defeats.

I didn't watch the cricket because I can't stand the game but from what I read technically NZ should have won because of some rule mix up. A lot of people were on phone ins yesterday morning saying what a great game it was, and so on. Fair enough, but I don't think the reaction would have been the same if the result had gone the other way.

I'm not saying we're the world's worst. We're just like everyone else imo, but we do often adopt a superior attitude over such matters imo.
A success like this, however lucky, however achieved will be lapped up with relish by the great unwashed in our society, relentlessly having it rammed down their throats by the media. It's an excuse for a party, a piss-up whether or not you like the game. My daughter watched the last hour and she's never watched a single minute of any game of cricket in her life. Afterwards she went into Egham with her bloke for a drink which was awash with celebrations.

I suppose it's a release from the drudgery of the lives of the majority of the population. Wasn't the 1966 win in the middle of political turmoil much like it is now with Brexit ?

I dare say that had New Zealand won, although the English fans at the game wouldn't have broken car windows in St. John's Wood in drunken fury on the way back to the tube, the good-natured banter would have worn off quickly as we aren't, now, the best of losers unlike when I was a mere whipper, and we took a defeat on the chin while the map of the world was 75% pink.
0 x

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:24 am

palerider wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:40 am
Whiskyman wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:47 am

A success like this, however lucky, however achieved will be lapped up with relish by the great unwashed in our society, relentlessly having it rammed down their throats by the media. It's an excuse for a party, a piss-up whether or not you like the game. My daughter watched the last hour and she's never watched a single minute of any game of cricket in her life. Afterwards she went into Egham with her bloke for a drink which was awash with celebrations.

I suppose it's a release from the drudgery of the lives of the majority of the population. Wasn't the 1966 win in the middle of political turmoil much like it is now with Brexit ?

I dare say that had New Zealand won, although the English fans at the game wouldn't have broken car windows in St. John's Wood in drunken fury on the way back to the tube, the good-natured banter would have worn off quickly as we aren't, now, the best of losers unlike when I was a mere whipper, and we took a defeat on the chin while the map of the world was 75% pink.
Good god man, I suspect you underestimate the fury that can be unleashed by the MCC membership in times of stress and disappointment. Many ham and egg tie wearers are apoplectic that the "England" cricket team has been mongrelised by the inclusion of players born far away from the sceptred isle.

Indeed had the game been, correctly as I am given to understand by those conversant with the finer points of cricketing law, awarded to New Zealand, blazer wearing mobs would have stormed the long room and held the opposition hostage with threats of antipodean skulls being cracked open by the latest Gunn & Moore bat. Mobs of stump wielding geriatrics would have rendered NW8 into a no go zone for anyone under 80 years of age. Siren calls to send gun boats to all points of the compass to reclaim the Empire in the name of the crown would have dominated the gutter press.

The more responsible broadsheets will of course have realised that because of defence spending cuts the number of gunboats actually available would have rendered such an ambitious military project impractical. But as nobody reads them any more this more rational approach would have been lost amongst the hysteria unleashed by the red tops.
0 x

palerider

Post by palerider » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:38 am

Whiskyman wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:24 am
palerider wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:40 am

Good god man, I suspect you underestimate the fury that can be unleashed by the MCC membership in times of stress and disappointment. Many ham and egg tie wearers are apoplectic that the "England" cricket team has been mongrelised by the inclusion of players born far away from the sceptred isle.

Indeed had the game been, correctly as I am given to understand by those conversant with the finer points of cricketing law, awarded to New Zealand, blazer wearing mobs would have stormed the long room and held the opposition hostage with threats of antipodean skulls being cracked open by the latest Gunn & Moore bat. Mobs of stump wielding geriatrics would have rendered NW8 into a no go zone for anyone under 80 years of age. Siren calls to send gun boats to all points of the compass to reclaim the Empire in the name of the crown would have dominated the gutter press.

The more responsible broadsheets will of course have realised that because of defence spending cuts the number of gunboats actually available would have rendered such an ambitious military project impractical. But as nobody reads them any more this more rational approach would have been lost amongst the hysteria unleashed by the red tops.
The game should not have been awarded to New Zealand as it was an umpiring error. Just the same as any that occur within any given game. Whether or not the NZ government demand the extradition of Messrs. Erasmus and Dharmasena to stand trial then languish away the rest of their lives in a Christchurch prison is up to them.

And in any case, we invented the game so we deserve it. Bloody heathens.

Wasn't that long ago they were wearing grass skirts and boiling their tribal captives in big pots.
0 x

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:47 am

palerider wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:38 am
Whiskyman wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:24 am

The game should not have been awarded to New Zealand as it was an umpiring error. Just the same as any that occur within any given game. Whether or not the NZ government demand the extradition of Messrs. Erasmus and Dharmasena to stand trial then languish away the rest of their lives in a Christchurch prison is up to them.

And in any case, we invented the game so we deserve it. Bloody heathens.

Wasn't that long ago they were wearing grass skirts and boiling their tribal captives in big pots.
Good grief. It gets worse. Had this "umpiring error" been to England's disadvantage it seems highly probable that the umpires would have been strung up from that weather vane thing that always seems to be featured on TV whenever Lord's is mentioned. After subjected to a modern day version of the stocks, being bombarded by cricket balls from randomly placed bowling machines.
1 x

jameskel

Post by jameskel » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:18 am

fuck em all

Anyway, from what I can see, the 2nd run was completed, the ball hit his bat in the crease?

Add to that, Archers 1st delivery was a full toss bang on the popping crease, so no wide. We will have that run back

But like I said, fuck em all.

"we've got the whole world in our team"
0 x
Taans can fuck right off

Social Media