bojo

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
User avatar
mkhammer
Posts: 4395
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 11:12 am
x 238
x 276

Re: bojo

Post by mkhammer » Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:45 am

BlackDiamond wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:01 pm
This has never been about what the people want. It is about what a small clique have decided is best for their interests. It's only them.Them.

The claims of law,rules,the wider community are all now servants of selfish appetites.

A strange message was communicated with Trump's support for suspending parliament...it suggested, you can have what you want. Immersion in that philosophy is so attractive because it rewards the most venal.

We are not being so much, led down the garden path but being asked to form an honour guard either side of it.
The problem with your argument BD bout the clique thing,why would they allow...yes I mean allow..
(They do exist and much more powerful than most of us know as well,but they don't sit in parliament)
Cameron to set up a public vote,which the world and his wife thought was gonna be a pretty strong
remain vote.
It was just simply a manifesto vote winner...that went wrong or right depends how you look at it.
But to put Something as important as that to the Public,must always be the way...something a Labour
Controlled Parliament would never do.

This clique you refer to...it's irrelevant to them if we remain or stay....they make their money either
way,the art is having people in government,that are in with them...not against them.
Like it or not Money rules always has done...always will,we have to acknowledge that...
A Government in power that they have a say in,they'll invest and stay with us...
A Corbyn led leftie Government,they slowly ease their money out of the country,and the downward
spiral begins...till the Tories get back in power,and have to spend the first 3 years in control
getting things on a firm financial footing again.

Dont hate the rich it's pointless.....get them on your side...cos they will always always win...
0 x

User avatar
palerider
Posts: 8081
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:35 am
Location: A small village on Mars just outside the capital city, Wibble
x 312
x 764

Re: bojo

Post by palerider » Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:43 pm

He's called an emergency cabinet meeting this afternoon seemingly as a prelude to a snap election. Then meeting all Tory MP's individually to tell them that you're either with him or the whip will be withdrawn and you won't stand in the election. There are up to 21 who would face this.

Obviously a one issue election.

I wonder how long before he's meeting Nigel for a pint.
1 x
The cheque's in the post. Honestly.

User avatar
h69
Posts: 3585
Joined: Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:51 pm
Location: Enfield, Middlesex
x 305
x 210

Re: bojo

Post by h69 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:38 pm

The proroguing of parliament actually only means an extra 10 days off as they always break at this time and they have had the longest sitting ever I believe.

2016 - 15th Sept to 10th Oct
2017 - 14th Sept to 9th Oct
2018 - 13th Sept to 9th Oct
2019 - 9th Sept to 14th Oct

However, everyone is outraged at these extra 10 days as an attack on democracy. They have had three fucking years to deliver what 17.4 million of us voted for, deal or no deal. We voted to leave and we are still here.

As for the 'attack on democracy' or the supposed 'coup' that the loony liberals, snowflakes and Green party keep calling it, I say to that moron Lucas and the shouty liberal bird, look closely at what you are shouting about.

It is a delicious irony that this supposed attack on democracy stops MPs trying to block the execution on the result of the biggest democratic vote in UK history.

Also, to the next remain person who thinks that I didn't know what I voted for...I did, I voted out. Remain voted for remain but was it remain as is, remain with Cameron's amendments or remain with some future amendments.....who knows, maybe they did not know what they voted for ?....works both fucking ways.
Either way, a lot more choice than what we got in 1992 when our membership of the common market was morphed into the federated super EU state.

We need to get out of the EU. Apparently we are all going to go short of medication yet there is a shortage in France and the Netherlands at the moment...what a glorious EU that is. Useless cunts.
0 x
Watchout for Spongebob

User avatar
Dwayne Pipes
Posts: 1947
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:46 pm
x 30
x 192

Re: bojo

Post by Dwayne Pipes » Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:34 pm

See Bozzer had a rescue dog delivered today
Apparently abandoned due to a wonky jaw
Perhaps he can call it Laura Kuenssberg.
2 x

User avatar
palerider
Posts: 8081
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:35 am
Location: A small village on Mars just outside the capital city, Wibble
x 312
x 764

Re: bojo

Post by palerider » Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:22 am

Dwayne Pipes wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:34 pm
See Bozzer had a rescue dog delivered today
Apparently abandoned due to a wonky jaw
Perhaps he can call it Laura Kuenssberg.
Harsh but fair.
0 x
The cheque's in the post. Honestly.

User avatar
mkhammer
Posts: 4395
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 11:12 am
x 238
x 276

Re: bojo

Post by mkhammer » Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:51 am

palerider wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:43 pm
He's called an emergency cabinet meeting this afternoon seemingly as a prelude to a snap election. Then meeting all Tory MP's individually to tell them that you're either with him or the whip will be withdrawn and you won't stand in the election. There are up to 21 who would face this.

Obviously a one issue election.

I wonder how long before he's meeting Nigel for a pint.
Think Nige has to stop alienating Boris..which he seems to do occasionally..threatening to put up
candidates up to hurt the Tories....cos at the moment it seems to me the only way we get to leave
the EU,and not let the remainers overturn a public mandate,is for an election to be held,then the
Tories and Brexit party to have some kinda confidence and supply agreement,just purely on the
principle of getting Brexit done....
Then in 12 months hold yet another election...and if doesn't take 3 weeks to get thru customs,
and a tin of beans doesn't cost £35....i would expect the Tories to have a small majority,small
but enough...then normal service resumed..
0 x

User avatar
palerider
Posts: 8081
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:35 am
Location: A small village on Mars just outside the capital city, Wibble
x 312
x 764

Re: bojo

Post by palerider » Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:27 pm

Well it's not cut and dried that there'll be an election now.

The rebels will almost certainly win the vote tonight which would pave the way for one but Corbyn has hinted he may not support it, and it needs a two thirds majority, unless it's guaranteed to be before Oct 31st.

What a fucking mess.
0 x
The cheque's in the post. Honestly.

User avatar
BlackDiamond
Posts: 4026
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:46 pm
x 452
x 292

Re: bojo

Post by BlackDiamond » Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:42 pm

We know that there are no active negotiations with the EU currently,because the EU have confirmed it. This leads to the big problem that is upper most in Johnson's mind.

Should he actually appease the peoples mandate - whatever that actually means - and remove trading links,he will destabilise the economic system. That much is apparent, as you can't disrupt all of your supply lines,all at the same time, without causing change.

The immediate consequences will have a mostly negative impact. It's not end of days stuff,but you fuck about with socio economics at your peril.

It's not hard to imagine a 3% growth reduction and the effect that has on poverty figures.

Johnson knows inequality drives crime and since he claims he is big on crime (not committing it, but stopping it) then he knows he should be big on inequality. Therefore obtaining a EU deal is paramount. Or it should be, if I suspect he is the man he is and the man he thinks he is.

Which means tweaking the backstop and he can't do that with the DUP. Which is why an election is a solution mixed in with a gamble. Win enough of a majority that he doesn't need the DUP.

Then he can leave N.Ireland in the single market,remove the UK; dress it up as a new arrangement and not risk an obedient passive society turning nasty.
0 x

User avatar
h69
Posts: 3585
Joined: Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:51 pm
Location: Enfield, Middlesex
x 305
x 210

Re: bojo

Post by h69 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:57 pm

palerider wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:27 pm
Well it's not cut and dried that there'll be an election now.

The rebels will almost certainly win the vote tonight which would pave the way for one but Corbyn has hinted he may not support it, and it needs a two thirds majority, unless it's guaranteed to be before Oct 31st.

What a fucking mess.
In which case we hope that Boris finds enough in the Lords to `Filibuster' any bill that the commons ratifies to force a stop to Brexit.
0 x
Watchout for Spongebob

User avatar
Neville Bartos
Posts: 4083
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:29 am
Location: Flyyyyyyyyyin'
x 452
x 566

Re: bojo

Post by Neville Bartos » Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:58 pm

BlackDiamond wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:42 pm
We know that there are no active negotiations with the EU currently,because the EU have confirmed it. This leads to the big problem that is upper most in Johnson's mind.

Should he actually appease the peoples mandate - whatever that actually means - and remove trading links,he will destabilise the economic system. That much is apparent, as you can't disrupt all of your supply lines,all at the same time, without causing change.

The immediate consequences will have a mostly negative impact. It's not end of days stuff,but you fuck about with socio economics at your peril.

It's not hard to imagine a 3% growth reduction and the effect that has on poverty figures.

Johnson knows inequality drives crime and since he claims he is big on crime (not committing it, but stopping it) then he knows he should be big on inequality. Therefore obtaining a EU deal is paramount. Or it should be, if I suspect he is the man he is and the man he thinks he is.

Which means tweaking the backstop and he can't do that with the DUP. Which is why an election is a solution mixed in with a gamble. Win enough of a majority that he doesn't need the DUP.

Then he can leave N.Ireland in the single market,remove the UK; dress it up as a new arrangement and not risk an obedient passive society turning nasty.
What a solution! No hard border between Ireland and Northern Ireland, but stick one in between the mainland and the Island of Ireland itself.
You should be applying to Johnson for the Home Secretaries job, mate.
Mind you the Jocks and Welsh will want the same thing guaranteed. Sort that one out. :D
0 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

Post Reply

Social Media