Ashes..

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
User avatar
mkhammer
Posts: 4560
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 11:12 am
x 274
x 313

Re: Ashes..

Post by mkhammer » Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:53 am

OZHAMMER wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:01 am
mkhammer wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:03 pm
We've gotta factor Smith into all this...Blokes unreal,seems to know what the bowlers gonna do
before he does it...would def be going to Oval for a decider at very least if not for him..
Whatever he sanctioned against SA....have to admire him as a Batsman...as good as I've seen..

Not had the best of luck...Anderson breaking down in first..Losing Stokes as a bowler this one..
But No Excuses...poor selections and poor performances have done for us,end of the day..

After Sunday,didn't really care bout Oval...which really Pissed me off,but more I think about it,
we've gotta do some face saving,and don't let them appear to walk away with the Ashes easily,
at least get a drawn series by beating them there..

Assume they'll keep Stokes in as a Bat if can't bowl...so think I'd be tempted to give Curran a go at
expense of Buttler,or get Woakes back in,I like Woakes,but really interested see what Curran can do.
Did he sanction it?
He's the Captain, OZ, a loved and respected one at that....tho Bancroft done the tampering,
He and Warner would have Known what he was doing...Evidently he showed Bancroft how to do it.
Is why all 3 got bans...
But in Fairness.....Mike Atherton,was caught with grit in his pockets...and Imran Khan had a
bloody bottle top in his....
It's not an unprecedented thing....
0 x

User avatar
palerider
Posts: 8334
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:35 am
Location: A small village on Mars just outside the capital city, Wibble
x 350
x 835

Re: Ashes..

Post by palerider » Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:29 pm

OZHAMMER wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:01 am
mkhammer wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:03 pm
We've gotta factor Smith into all this...Blokes unreal,seems to know what the bowlers gonna do
before he does it...would def be going to Oval for a decider at very least if not for him..
Whatever he sanctioned against SA....have to admire him as a Batsman...as good as I've seen..

Not had the best of luck...Anderson breaking down in first..Losing Stokes as a bowler this one..
But No Excuses...poor selections and poor performances have done for us,end of the day..

After Sunday,didn't really care bout Oval...which really Pissed me off,but more I think about it,
we've gotta do some face saving,and don't let them appear to walk away with the Ashes easily,
at least get a drawn series by beating them there..

Assume they'll keep Stokes in as a Bat if can't bowl...so think I'd be tempted to give Curran a go at
expense of Buttler,or get Woakes back in,I like Woakes,but really interested see what Curran can do.
Did he sanction it?
Impossible to be unaware of it.

Also, he's a cunt.
0 x
The cheque's in the post. Honestly.

User avatar
Brookbonds73
Posts: 5516
Joined: Mon May 30, 2016 2:34 am
x 308
x 579

Re: Ashes..

Post by Brookbonds73 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:47 pm

He should have been banned for life. End of.
0 x
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

User avatar
Newmarket
Posts: 11055
Joined: Tue May 17, 2016 10:03 pm
x 734
x 499

Re: Ashes..

Post by Newmarket » Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:33 pm

Brookbonds73 wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:47 pm
He should have been banned for life. End of.
And transported .
1 x
I hate Thrush he’s an irritating Cunt .

User avatar
palerider
Posts: 8334
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:35 am
Location: A small village on Mars just outside the capital city, Wibble
x 350
x 835

Re: Ashes..

Post by palerider » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:27 am

Newmarket wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:33 pm
Brookbonds73 wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:47 pm
He should have been banned for life. End of.
And transported .
And his right hand cut off.
0 x
The cheque's in the post. Honestly.

User avatar
mkhammer
Posts: 4560
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 11:12 am
x 274
x 313

Re: Ashes..

Post by mkhammer » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:01 pm

palerider wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:27 am
Newmarket wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:33 pm


And transported .
And his right hand cut off.

He'd still end up 183 Not Out against us..... :lol:
0 x

User avatar
palerider
Posts: 8334
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:35 am
Location: A small village on Mars just outside the capital city, Wibble
x 350
x 835

Re: Ashes..

Post by palerider » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:33 pm

mkhammer wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:01 pm
palerider wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:27 am


And his right hand cut off.

He'd still end up 183 Not Out against us..... :lol:
Both legs too then.
0 x
The cheque's in the post. Honestly.

User avatar
ToneLoc
Posts: 8033
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:21 pm
x 168
x 498

Re: Ashes..

Post by ToneLoc » Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:22 pm

Roy and Overton are dropped for the 5th test.
In come Curran and Woakes.
0 x
"Gentlemen you can't fight in here this is the war room"

User avatar
ToneLoc
Posts: 8033
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:21 pm
x 168
x 498

Re: Ashes..

Post by ToneLoc » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:30 am

FFS SLOW DOWN openers.
They just seem to be locked in a perpetual “50 overs” mental state.
0 x
"Gentlemen you can't fight in here this is the war room"

User avatar
mkhammer
Posts: 4560
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 11:12 am
x 274
x 313

Re: Ashes..

Post by mkhammer » Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:17 pm

ToneLoc wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:30 am
FFS SLOW DOWN openers.
They just seem to be locked in a perpetual “50 overs” mental state.
C'mon Tone be fair they put on 27..... :lol:

Highest of the Series...from both sides I think,maybe traditional openers are a thing of the past........
0 x

Post Reply

Social Media