Ashes..

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
User avatar
Neville Bartos
Posts: 4198
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:29 am
Location: Flyyyyyyyyyin'
x 476
x 638

Re: Ashes..

Post by Neville Bartos » Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:26 pm

mkhammer wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:44 pm
Well that was a disgrace....all I got to say really.......

What a fuckin let down...

128/8....get shot of Warner and their first 3 for next to nothing..both innings...and still get smashed.
That was the key moment on day one, mate. If we'd have rolled them over for 150, and got a 220 run lead instead of 90 odd, the pressure would've done the rest. As it was 90 behind they must have felt like they were let off the hook.
People can praise Smith all they want, but the fact is he was batting with a ten and jack.
0 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

User avatar
grandad
Posts: 4067
Joined: Sun May 29, 2016 8:13 pm
Location: Essex
x 88
x 231

Re: Ashes..

Post by grandad » Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:06 pm

It’s will be 5 zip to the Aussies you see
0 x
Once you take the devils shilling its no going back !!!!!!

User avatar
OZHAMMER
Posts: 1390
Joined: Mon May 30, 2016 7:41 am
Location: OBERON
x 190
x 153

Re: Ashes..

Post by OZHAMMER » Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:49 pm

I just woke up... what happened?
1 x

User avatar
grandad
Posts: 4067
Joined: Sun May 29, 2016 8:13 pm
Location: Essex
x 88
x 231

Re: Ashes..

Post by grandad » Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:07 am

OZHAMMER wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:49 pm
I just woke up... what happened?
Australia just gone 1 up v rest of world side 🤣
1 x
Once you take the devils shilling its no going back !!!!!!

User avatar
OZHAMMER
Posts: 1390
Joined: Mon May 30, 2016 7:41 am
Location: OBERON
x 190
x 153

Re: Ashes..

Post by OZHAMMER » Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:15 am

grandad wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:07 am
OZHAMMER wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:49 pm
I just woke up... what happened?
Australia just gone 1 up v rest of world side 🤣
Sounds like you blokes have as much dislike of your own team as you do for ours. ;)
0 x

User avatar
grandad
Posts: 4067
Joined: Sun May 29, 2016 8:13 pm
Location: Essex
x 88
x 231

Re: Ashes..

Post by grandad » Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:17 am

OZHAMMER wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:15 am
grandad wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:07 am

Australia just gone 1 up v rest of world side 🤣
Sounds like you blokes have as much dislike of your own team as you do for ours. ;)


Nah mate cunt of a game played by cunts 🤣
0 x
Once you take the devils shilling its no going back !!!!!!

User avatar
palerider
Posts: 8496
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:35 am
Location: A small village on Mars just outside the capital city, Wibble
x 370
x 903

Re: Ashes..

Post by palerider » Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:08 am

It doesn't seem like an Ashes series to me. Too matey. A lot of them play together in the IPL like Stokes and Smith. Where's the good old fashioned calling an Aussie a convict cunt after he's called you a Pommie poof ?

I reckon a few of the England team can't raise themselves after the world cup, like Buttler and Bairstow. They have to get their heads right.
0 x
The cheque's in the post. Honestly.

User avatar
mkhammer
Posts: 4696
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 11:12 am
x 293
x 356

Re: Ashes..

Post by mkhammer » Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:32 am

Neville Bartos wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:26 pm
mkhammer wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:44 pm
Well that was a disgrace....all I got to say really.......

What a fuckin let down...

128/8....get shot of Warner and their first 3 for next to nothing..both innings...and still get smashed.
That was the key moment on day one, mate. If we'd have rolled them over for 150, and got a 220 run lead instead of 90 odd, the pressure would've done the rest. As it was 90 behind they must have felt like they were let off the hook.
People can praise Smith all they want, but the fact is he was batting with a ten and jack.
Yeah,absolutely...even with Smith doing what he did,it's no excuse for not winning that...
Think Losing your main strike bowler,was bigger influence,and picking a vastly outta form
spinner...oh and a couple of our batsman thinking their still playing World cup one dayers...

TBH...considering everything thought the 90 Lead was OK....better than I thought was gonna be..
I really thought getting Warner and the openers so easily,the match would open up for us,the
middle order should be our strength not theirs..

Hoping a bit, that was a one off...Get Archer and Leach in...(Warne seemed to reckon Leach might
cause Smith a few Probs,great listening to him,when commentating))
Lords not really an overly happy hunting ground for us,much as I love the place..don't wanna
go 2 down..
0 x

User avatar
mkhammer
Posts: 4696
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 11:12 am
x 293
x 356

Re: Ashes..

Post by mkhammer » Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:42 am

palerider wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:08 am
It doesn't seem like an Ashes series to me. Too matey. A lot of them play together in the IPL like Stokes and Smith. Where's the good old fashioned calling an Aussie a convict cunt after he's called you a Pommie poof ?

I reckon a few of the England team can't raise themselves after the world cup, like Buttler and Bairstow. They have to get their heads right.

Yeah I thought that...bit of a PC job going on with the Friendly Friendly stuff...least the crowd made
up for it,the stick was constant... :D

Paine was quite "Chatty" behind the stumps tho...but even that was...praise not digging..

Just in....Anderson Def out of Second Test....if we win at Lords... :lol: ,and he doesn't make the 3rd
test...might be the last we see of him....Brilliant Bowler...maybe our best ever...but 37....
0 x

User avatar
palerider
Posts: 8496
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:35 am
Location: A small village on Mars just outside the capital city, Wibble
x 370
x 903

Re: Ashes..

Post by palerider » Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:50 am

mkhammer wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:42 am
palerider wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:08 am
It doesn't seem like an Ashes series to me. Too matey. A lot of them play together in the IPL like Stokes and Smith. Where's the good old fashioned calling an Aussie a convict cunt after he's called you a Pommie poof ?

I reckon a few of the England team can't raise themselves after the world cup, like Buttler and Bairstow. They have to get their heads right.

Yeah I thought that...bit of a PC job going on with the Friendly Friendly stuff...least the crowd made
up for it,the stick was constant... :D

Paine was quite "Chatty" behind the stumps tho...but even that was...praise not digging..

Just in....Anderson Def out of Second Test....if we win at Lords... :lol: ,and he doesn't make the 3rd
test...might be the last we see of him....Brilliant Bowler...maybe our best ever...but 37....
I saw that MK. I suspect they'll need to make other plans for the series now.

Anderson is so crucial to us in English conditions. There are even rumours they chose a batch of last year's balls to accommodate him as he was so potent against India with them. Eggs and baskets ?

As I've said, all this bollocks from Joe Root about him passing all the fitness tests is just that. Bollocks. You cannot replicate actual playing conditions in as many net sessions you can wave a stick at. Before picking him he had to have played a first-team four day game for Lancashire without any problems. We were so desperate they flipped a coin basically.

Well he's 37 now so maybe every cloud and all that. He can't go on bailing us out forever.

As for the new pals act, let us not forget that Aussies are cunts. On the Beeb last night, Vaughan and Tufnell were chatting happily away with Mitchell Johnson, one of the biggest cunts of the lot. Lest we forget. Scott Morrison is a cunt as is Kylie. Ned Kelly was a cunt. Obviously Rolf Harris too even before the kiddie-fiddling. And so too are Oziron and Ozhammer who are convict cunts.

Just as long as they're aware of it.
0 x
The cheque's in the post. Honestly.

Post Reply

Social Media