Ashes..

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
mkhammer

Re: Ashes..

Post by mkhammer » Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:02 pm

palerider wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:50 am
mkhammer wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:42 am

Yeah I thought that...bit of a PC job going on with the Friendly Friendly stuff...least the crowd made
up for it,the stick was constant... :D

Paine was quite "Chatty" behind the stumps tho...but even that was...praise not digging..

Just in....Anderson Def out of Second Test....if we win at Lords... :lol: ,and he doesn't make the 3rd
test...might be the last we see of him....Brilliant Bowler...maybe our best ever...but 37....
I saw that MK. I suspect they'll need to make other plans for the series now.

Anderson is so crucial to us in English conditions. There are even rumours they chose a batch of last year's balls to accommodate him as he was so potent against India with them. Eggs and baskets ?

As I've said, all this bollocks from Joe Root about him passing all the fitness tests is just that. Bollocks. You cannot replicate actual playing conditions in as many net sessions you can wave a stick at. Before picking him he had to have played a first-team four day game for Lancashire without any problems. We were so desperate they flipped a coin basically.

Well he's 37 now so maybe every cloud and all that. He can't go on bailing us out forever.

As for the new pals act, let us not forget that Aussies are cunts. On the Beeb last night, Vaughan and Tufnell were chatting happily away with Mitchell Johnson, one of the biggest cunts of the lot. Lest we forget. Scott Morrison is a cunt as is Kylie. Ned Kelly was a cunt. Obviously Rolf Harris too even before the kiddie-fiddling. And so too are Oziron and Ozhammer included who are convict cunts.

Just as long as they're aware of it.
:lol: ...Thats more like it...bit of Sledging..

Yeah Being fitter...and Match fit...2 different things in any sport...90 mins or or 25/30 overs a day
at full pelt..lot of difference..
0 x

palerider
Location: A small village on Mars just outside the capital city, Wibble

Post by palerider » Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:15 pm

Aussies used to be rough and ready rogues.

I once went to a rugby international at Twickenham against the cunts. Lovely warm day, outside on the pavement, beer in plastic glasses. My round so in I go into the boozer. All the bar staff were Aussies. It was a beer production scene. Pour, take money. Pour again. I asked the cunt for a bag of nuts. 'What d'ya think this is mate, a fucking restaurant ?' came his reply.

And I love that.

Now it's all lovey-dovey with them. Drinking their fucking Wolf Blass and eating Aussie-inspired salads.

Bollocks.

They're evolved from no-good fuckers we shipped out in the 1700's for stealing sheep. I'm sure that cunt Smith still shags a few of them.

Cunts.

I feel better now.
1 x
The cheque's in the post. Honestly.

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:39 am

Round 2...bit of a must win spose,at least a don't loser....taken just over 3/1 we win,decent odds
Draws even money....bit of rain about causing that I'd imagine.

We're not Good at lords,especially against these....would imagine Starc comes in today..
Dangerous Bowler....hope Jofra counter acts him,and keep Smith to under a 100 runs for the test,
we might have a chance
I really don't wanna lose this one..

Bad Timing for me ..off to for Scotland next few weeks....they're not big on it up there... :lol:
0 x

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:13 pm

mkhammer wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:39 am
Round 2...bit of a must win spose,at least a don't loser....taken just over 3/1 we win,decent odds

We're not Good at lords,especially against these....would imagine Starc comes in today..
Dangerous Bowler....hope Jofra counter acts him,and keep Smith to under a 100 runs for the test,
we might have a chance

Bad Timing for me ..off to for Scotland next few weeks....they're not big on it up there... :lol:
You can't whack Scotland for your hols, mate. I've been loads. Perth, Inverness, Port William, Oban, the west coast. Love the place. There's a little Loch east of Loch Ness called Loch Tarff that might be the most beautiful place I've ever seen.

As for the cricket, I can't see Archer serving up miracles. We get Smith cheaply then we're in with a shout. Let's just hope their other batters don't find any form.
0 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

palerider

Post by palerider » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:15 am

Neville Bartos wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:13 pm
mkhammer wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:39 am

we might have a chance

You can't whack Scotland for your hols, mate. I've been loads. Perth, Inverness, Port William, Oban, the west coast. Love the place. There's a little Loch east of Loch Ness called Loch Tarff that might be the most beautiful place I've ever seen.

As for the cricket, I can't see Archer serving up miracles. We get Smith cheaply then we're in with a shout. Let's just hope their other batters don't find any form.
I've been all over Scotland. Beautiful country.

Roy out 3rd ball giving catching practice with a ball he should have left alone.

If he's test opener I'm a Chinaman.
0 x

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:26 pm

palerider wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:15 am
Neville Bartos wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:13 pm

I've been all over Scotland. Beautiful country.

Roy out 3rd ball giving catching practice with a ball he should have left alone.

If he's test opener I'm a Chinaman.
258... Smith will probably score that on his own.
I don't know why England keep giving twenty20 openers a test spot. The art of opening in tests is knowing what to leave, whereas in twenty20 the skill is to find a way to hit everything.
0 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

BillyDWhizz

Post by BillyDWhizz » Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:30 pm

At last, we have a genuinely hostile paceman in the shape of Jofra Archer. I'd not be at all surprised if he hasn't broken Steve Smiths arm here. Kudos to Smith for not whimping out and going off but Archer smells blood and has upped his pace to 96mph - which is legitimately fucking quick, he's not exactly bowling a full length either. :evil:
0 x
Rounding to the nearest whole numbers makes them pointless.

BillyDWhizz

Post by BillyDWhizz » Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:42 pm

Ouch! Archers just obliterated Smith with another short ball, looked like he'd knocked him clean out then. Ahh he's had to retire hurt. I think we may have finally found an answer to Steve Smith. :D
0 x
Rounding to the nearest whole numbers makes them pointless.

palerider

Post by palerider » Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:56 pm

Roy out for 2.

A good 2 though.

:lol:

And Root out first ball. We're going to lose this after losing a day and a half to the weather !
0 x

Social Media