Migration

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
Post Reply
   
User avatar
h69
Posts: 3528
Joined: Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:51 pm
Location: Enfield, Middlesex
x 277
x 188

Migration

Post by h69 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:40 am

It seems that the UN Global compact on migration is trying to tell us to make criticism of mass migration a criminal offence. Thankfully it is not legally binding but countries are encouraged to go down that path.

However, now the EU have got involved and are pushing to make this law.
0 x
Watchout for Spongebob

User avatar
palerider
Posts: 7924
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:35 am
Location: A small village on Mars just outside the capital city, Wibble
x 285
x 707

Re: Migration

Post by palerider » Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:34 am

I hope they put me somewhere local so the family can visit easily.
1 x
The cheque's in the post. Honestly.

User avatar
Neville Bartos
Posts: 4041
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:29 am
Location: Flyyyyyyyyyin'
x 419
x 551

Re: Migration

Post by Neville Bartos » Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:57 pm

The UN agreement in not legally binding. Nor can the EU dictate immigration policy as it relates to non EU migrants in member states.
Not that facts tend to matter with these stories:
We can't stop Turkey joining the EU - - we had a veto.
Immigrants are a drain on public funds - - EEA migrants as a whole are estimated to have paid £4.7bn more in taxes than they received in welfare and public services.
These times aren't called post truth for nothing.
0 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

User avatar
Brookbonds73
Posts: 5310
Joined: Mon May 30, 2016 2:34 am
x 241
x 463

Re: Migration

Post by Brookbonds73 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:41 pm

I'll have to get my lot out of the loft a bit lively, my front room ceilings beginning to bow.
0 x
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

User avatar
h69
Posts: 3528
Joined: Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:51 pm
Location: Enfield, Middlesex
x 277
x 188

Re: Migration

Post by h69 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:24 pm

Neville Bartos wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:57 pm
The UN agreement in not legally binding. Nor can the EU dictate immigration policy as it relates to non EU migrants in member states.
Not that facts tend to matter with these stories:
We can't stop Turkey joining the EU - - we had a veto.
Immigrants are a drain on public funds - - EEA migrants as a whole are estimated to have paid £4.7bn more in taxes than they received in welfare and public services.
These times aren't called post truth for nothing.
Yes. I know that and I said as much BUT the fact that the EU want to try and make it criminal is the point. They are against free speech.
0 x
Watchout for Spongebob

User avatar
Neville Bartos
Posts: 4041
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:29 am
Location: Flyyyyyyyyyin'
x 419
x 551

Re: Migration

Post by Neville Bartos » Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:23 pm

h69 wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:24 pm
Neville Bartos wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:57 pm
The UN agreement in not legally binding. Nor can the EU dictate immigration policy as it relates to non EU migrants in member states.
Not that facts tend to matter with these stories:
We can't stop Turkey joining the EU - - we had a veto.
Immigrants are a drain on public funds - - EEA migrants as a whole are estimated to have paid £4.7bn more in taxes than they received in welfare and public services.
These times aren't called post truth for nothing.
Yes. I know that and I said as much BUT the fact that the EU want to try and make it criminal is the point. They are against free speech.
I understand that, mate, but unfortunately that horse has already bolted.
Did you know the advertising standards people are banning ads that reinforce 'negative stereotypes'?
Not a bad thing you might think, but recently they banned an ad that showed a woman with a pushchair. Imagine that!
The assault on free speech isn't coming from the EU or the UN, it's everywhere. It's become an ideological weapon used by the right and the left.

Here's the the former UKIP MP Douglas Carswell talking some sense on the issue.

2 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

User avatar
h69
Posts: 3528
Joined: Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:51 pm
Location: Enfield, Middlesex
x 277
x 188

Re: Migration

Post by h69 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:09 pm

Neville Bartos wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:23 pm
h69 wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:24 pm


Yes. I know that and I said as much BUT the fact that the EU want to try and make it criminal is the point. They are against free speech.
I understand that, mate, but unfortunately that horse has already bolted.
Did you know the advertising standards people are banning ads that reinforce 'negative stereotypes'?
Not a bad thing you might think, but recently they banned an ad that showed a woman with a pushchair. Imagine that!
The assault on free speech isn't coming from the EU or the UN, it's everywhere. It's become an ideological weapon used by the right and the left.

Here's the the former UKIP MP Douglas Carswell talking some sense on the issue.

World has gone stark raving mad.
1 x
Watchout for Spongebob

Post Reply

Social Media