Sports To Be Avoided At All Costs

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
User avatar
Brookbonds73
Posts: 5726
Joined: Mon May 30, 2016 2:34 am
x 365
x 667

Re: Sports To Be Avoided At All Costs

Post by Brookbonds73 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:34 am

Bullfighting. Love to see the matador getting a swift one up the bollocks.

Skittles. Anyone caught playing that should be executed immediately.

Fencing. Far easier to use a gun, just shoot the cunt.

Synchronised swimming. Like to see them drown.

And I know Morris dancing isn't a sport but I'd gladly take a blowtorch to those involved.
1 x
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

User avatar
Whiskyman
Posts: 8511
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:05 pm
x 157
x 815

Re: Sports To Be Avoided At All Costs

Post by Whiskyman » Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:34 pm

Neville Bartos wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:17 am
Speedway.
Most kinds of animal racing. I can watch flat sprint racing, but Jumps are cruel and any race that lasts longer than 90 seconds is boring.
Rugby League. A game so repetitive you need a shoe sized IQ to watch it. Loved up North and in Australia (point proven, Imo). :D
Any kind of ice skating that doesn't involve a race. Although, ski jumping aside, most winter sports are for ponces.
And any sport where women whine about equal pay without generating the interest or revenue to warrant it.
I don't particularly like the game but I can tolerate rugby league simply because it's faster, and therefore more entertaining, than the 15 a side version, which as far as I'm concerned is all about brute force.

And all those fucking scrums. What's the fucking point ? Slows the game down to yawning pace and one can only imagine the groping and grabbing of assorted body parts that goes on within.

Ice skating can be amusing when one of the contestants goes base over apex when attempting one of those poncey mid air twists and turns. As for the women's equal pay thing that's pretty much every sport known to man---and woman.
1 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

User avatar
Neville Bartos
Posts: 4198
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:29 am
Location: Flyyyyyyyyyin'
x 476
x 638

Re: Sports To Be Avoided At All Costs

Post by Neville Bartos » Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:40 pm

Whiskyman wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:34 pm
Neville Bartos wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:17 am
Speedway.
Most kinds of animal racing. I can watch flat sprint racing, but Jumps are cruel and any race that lasts longer than 90 seconds is boring.
Rugby League. A game so repetitive you need a shoe sized IQ to watch it. Loved up North and in Australia (point proven, Imo). :D
Any kind of ice skating that doesn't involve a race. Although, ski jumping aside, most winter sports are for ponces.
And any sport where women whine about equal pay without generating the interest or revenue to warrant it.
I don't particularly like the game but I can tolerate rugby league simply because it's faster, and therefore more entertaining, than the 15 a side version, which as far as I'm concerned is all about brute force.

And all those fucking scrums. What's the fucking point ? Slows the game down to yawning pace and one can only imagine the groping and grabbing of assorted body parts that goes on within.

Ice skating can be amusing when one of the contestants goes base over apex when attempting one of those poncey mid air twists and turns. As for the women's equal pay thing that's pretty much every sport known to man---and woman.
It's odd that I find the opposite to be true. With League I find there's no flow. In Union it can the same, but even then it tends to be penalties rather than the open play that's stop start.
League to me is run forward 5 yards, tackle, wriggle about on the ground, repeat six times and kick.
I find Union more tactical, technical and it has more effective styles of play.
I'd challenge anyone to find a league game that could match France beating the All Blacks in 99, or even Japan's win over the Boks in 2015.
For me it's a bit like test cricket vs ODIs, yes superficially the faster quicker game might seem more exciting, but it can't produce the drama, spectacle and genius of the senior code.

The equality stuff will never really happen across the board. Whilst as many little girls might dream about being a tennis or show jumping champion as little boys, that's not true for footie, rugby, motor racing, cricket and many other sports. It's why the Michele Moutons of this world are few and many, many years between.
0 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

User avatar
Whiskyman
Posts: 8511
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:05 pm
x 157
x 815

Re: Sports To Be Avoided At All Costs

Post by Whiskyman » Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:44 pm

Neville Bartos wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:40 pm
Whiskyman wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:34 pm


I don't particularly like the game but I can tolerate rugby league simply because it's faster, and therefore more entertaining, than the 15 a side version, which as far as I'm concerned is all about brute force.

And all those fucking scrums. What's the fucking point ? Slows the game down to yawning pace and one can only imagine the groping and grabbing of assorted body parts that goes on within.

Ice skating can be amusing when one of the contestants goes base over apex when attempting one of those poncey mid air twists and turns. As for the women's equal pay thing that's pretty much every sport known to man---and woman.
It's odd that I find the opposite to be true. With League I find there's no flow. In Union it can the same, but even then it tends to be penalties rather than the open play that's stop start.
League to me is run forward 5 yards, tackle, wriggle about on the ground, repeat six times and kick.
I find Union more tactical, technical and it has more effective styles of play.
I'd challenge anyone to find a league game that could match France beating the All Blacks in 99, or even Japan's win over the Boks in 2015.
For me it's a bit like test cricket vs ODIs, yes superficially the faster quicker game might seem more exciting, but it can't produce the drama, spectacle and genius of the senior code.

The equality stuff will never really happen across the board. Whilst as many little girls might dream about being a tennis or show jumping champion as little boys, that's not true for footie, rugby, motor racing, cricket and many other sports. It's why the Michele Moutons of this world are few and many, many years between.
Can't comment on the rugby games you refer to as I was simultaneously watching paint dry, grass grow and dust settle whilst they were in progress. Gripping stuff indeed.

As for the pajama cricket. I think it's symptomatic of the dumbing down, give everyone a chance, attitude that seems increasingly prevalent. Test cricket, which can be mind numbingly tedious I agree, is reckoned by the experts to be the highest level of the game. The biff bash stuff is a bit like the stuff we used to play as kids.
0 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

User avatar
jameskel
Posts: 1742
Joined: Mon May 30, 2016 11:22 pm
x 150

Re: Sports To Be Avoided At All Costs

Post by jameskel » Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:29 pm

F1 - Fuck off
Fishing - Fuck off
Rugby - Double fuck off
Cycling - unlesss its on a Tomahawk
0 x
Taans can fuck right off

Post Reply

Social Media