Wilder Fury Rematch

News, Banter and anything else non football!!

Who Wins

Poll ended at Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:09 pm

Wilder KO
3
17%
Wilder Points
1
6%
Fury KO
4
22%
Fury Points
5
28%
Winner is Heavyweight No.1
4
22%
Joshua is Heavyweight No.1
1
6%
 
Total votes: 18

User avatar
Taansend
Posts: 8082
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:40 pm
Location: San Diego California
x 988
x 339
Contact:

Wilder Fury Rematch

Post by Taansend » Fri Dec 27, 2019 6:09 pm

In my humble opinion (& most people who watched it) Fury won at least 9 rounds in their first fight last December.

I scored it 115-111

Somehow Wilder was gifted a draw but on the other hand many refs would have stopped the fight when Fury was unconscious in the 12th. I thought the ref was spot on.

The rematch is back in Vegas on February 22nd

In the meantime Fury has fought twice more, suffered a nasty cut & knocked out a wrestler.

Wilder has scored two impressive kayos although he had lost every round against Ortiz until.....BOOM.

A lot of people think Fury might come in heavier & go for the KO. He recently switched trainer & he did have Wilder holding on in the 12th round last time.

What do you reckon?

I've added a 2nd part to the poll so you can pick the outcome AND who's best in the division

0 x

User avatar
mkhammer
Posts: 5125
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 11:12 am
x 379
x 502

Re: Wilder Fury Rematch

Post by mkhammer » Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:07 am

Think Fury wins...I'm 70/30 Points to K.O prob...
Like you say he really easily should have edged the last one...but you def seem to need to win with
a bit more in hand when fighting an American in Vegas...plus think a lot of the "Money people" know
the Next really Big fight might be at Wembley if Fury wins....(Him AJ)
And prob a Wilder/Joshua would pull in more TV Money than an AJ/Fury one,maybe not so much interest
in an all British fight at Wembley from the American audience.
Like to think judges aren't swayed by that shit...but do wonder at times..

Think he's just a better Fighter...hope he nicks it cos an AJ/Fury at Wembley would be incredible.
1 x

User avatar
Taansend
Posts: 8082
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:40 pm
Location: San Diego California
x 988
x 339
Contact:

Re: Wilder Fury Rematch

Post by Taansend » Sat Dec 28, 2019 3:28 pm

mkhammer wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:07 am
Think Fury wins...I'm 70/30 Points to K.O prob...
Like you say he really easily should have edged the last one...but you def seem to need to win with
a bit more in hand when fighting an American in Vegas...plus think a lot of the "Money people" know
the Next really Big fight might be at Wembley if Fury wins....(Him AJ)
And prob a Wilder/Joshua would pull in more TV Money than an AJ/Fury one,maybe not so much interest
in an all British fight at Wembley from the American audience.

Like to think judges aren't swayed by that shit...but do wonder at times..

Think he's just a better Fighter...hope he nicks it cos an AJ/Fury at Wembley would be incredible.
Tough to say Mate. Fury probably as well known in America as Wilder but Wilder's spectacular knock outs make the promotion a bit easier.

If Fury can stop Wilder by KO then that would be a major selling here.

This fight is joint promoted by ESPN & Fox so there's massive potential but Joshua fights on DAZN here so they'd have to come to an arrangement somehow.

The final draw back of a Wembley fight is that it's Saturday afternoon here so not primetime.

But we're getting ahead of ourselves. One Wilder punch can change everything
1 x

User avatar
Brookbonds73
Posts: 6326
Joined: Mon May 30, 2016 2:34 am
x 515
x 1008

Re: Wilder Fury Rematch

Post by Brookbonds73 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 4:05 am

Personally I think Fury will ko wilder and do the same to AJ. The cut he suffered worries me a little, but I think he's a far cleverer boxer than people give him credit for and will therefore be able to keep out of harm's way for the majority of the fight. Wilder's dangerous as we all know, but I think Fury will knock him out this time, somewhere between the 7th and 10th rounds.
1 x
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

User avatar
Taansend
Posts: 8082
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:40 pm
Location: San Diego California
x 988
x 339
Contact:

Re: Wilder Fury Rematch

Post by Taansend » Sun Dec 29, 2019 8:15 am

Brookbonds73 wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 4:05 am
Personally I think Fury will ko wilder and do the same to AJ. The cut he suffered worries me a little, but I think he's a far cleverer boxer than people give him credit for and will therefore be able to keep out of harm's way for the majority of the fight. Wilder's dangerous as we all know, but I think Fury will knock him out this time, somewhere between the 7th and 10th rounds.
A very bold statement considering Fury's lack of kayos against top opponents. I bet you'd get 30/1 for each round. Worth a fiver on each one.

I just can't make any predictions. Although I will :lol:
0 x

User avatar
Neville Bartos
Posts: 4413
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:29 am
Location: Flyyyyyyyyyin'
x 526
x 762

Re: Wilder Fury Rematch

Post by Neville Bartos » Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:25 pm

Fury and Wilder each have a massive flaw. One can't punch the other can't box.
I'm not sure Fury can do the twelve without getting heavily tagged by Wilder. I think the two most likely outcomes are Fury gets KOd and Fury gets robbed on the cards again.
I'd like to see Fury win because Wilder is definitely the bigger twat of the two.
0 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

User avatar
Taansend
Posts: 8082
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:40 pm
Location: San Diego California
x 988
x 339
Contact:

Re: Wilder Fury Rematch

Post by Taansend » Wed Jan 01, 2020 1:23 am

Neville Bartos wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:25 pm
Fury and Wilder each have a massive flaw. One can't punch the other can't box.
I'm not sure Fury can do the twelve without getting heavily tagged by Wilder. I think the two most likely outcomes are Fury gets KOd and Fury gets robbed on the cards again.
I'd like to see Fury win because Wilder is definitely the bigger twat of the two.
Fury can punch but doesn't set his feet to. He also had Wilder buzzed in the last round after he got up so he might go for it this time.
0 x

User avatar
Neville Bartos
Posts: 4413
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:29 am
Location: Flyyyyyyyyyin'
x 526
x 762

Re: Wilder Fury Rematch

Post by Neville Bartos » Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:24 am

Taansend wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 1:23 am
Neville Bartos wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:25 pm
Fury and Wilder each have a massive flaw. One can't punch the other can't box.
I'm not sure Fury can do the twelve without getting heavily tagged by Wilder. I think the two most likely outcomes are Fury gets KOd and Fury gets robbed on the cards again.
I'd like to see Fury win because Wilder is definitely the bigger twat of the two.
Fury can punch but doesn't set his feet to. He also had Wilder buzzed in the last round after he got up so he might go for it this time.
Wilder was buzzed by Molina. In fact Wilder gets buzzed nearly every fight. The reason Fury doesn't set his feet and bang against the Wilders and Klitchkos of the world is because that's not a game he's gonna win.
If Fury had big power it might be an idea to head hunt Wilder, especially early doors, but he just doesn't. The tactics should be the same as first time, box the dossers nut off and hope he swings and misses all night long.
0 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

User avatar
Taansend
Posts: 8082
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:40 pm
Location: San Diego California
x 988
x 339
Contact:

Re: Wilder Fury Rematch

Post by Taansend » Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:32 pm

Neville Bartos wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:24 am
Taansend wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 1:23 am


Fury can punch but doesn't set his feet to. He also had Wilder buzzed in the last round after he got up so he might go for it this time.
Wilder was buzzed by Molina. In fact Wilder gets buzzed nearly every fight. The reason Fury doesn't set his feet and bang against the Wilders and Klitchkos of the world is because that's not a game he's gonna win.
If Fury had big power it might be an idea to head hunt Wilder, especially early doors, but he just doesn't. The tactics should be the same as first time, box the dossers nut off and hope he swings and misses all night long.
No one says he has "big power" but you said "he can't punch". He can punch. He can hurt & stop people. But his style is set up for evading punches then returning flurries.

Mayweather could also punch but at Welter chose to go safety first.
0 x

User avatar
Neville Bartos
Posts: 4413
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:29 am
Location: Flyyyyyyyyyin'
x 526
x 762

Re: Wilder Fury Rematch

Post by Neville Bartos » Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:38 pm

Taansend wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:32 pm
Neville Bartos wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:24 am


Wilder was buzzed by Molina. In fact Wilder gets buzzed nearly every fight. The reason Fury doesn't set his feet and bang against the Wilders and Klitchkos of the world is because that's not a game he's gonna win.
If Fury had big power it might be an idea to head hunt Wilder, especially early doors, but he just doesn't. The tactics should be the same as first time, box the dossers nut off and hope he swings and misses all night long.
No one says he has "big power" but you said "he can't punch". He can punch. He can hurt & stop people. But his style is set up for evading punches then returning flurries.

Mayweather could also punch but at Welter chose to go safety first.
Bloody hell, Taans, not everything is a knock down argument.
Fury is underpowered for a heavyweight, especially a big heavyweight. Could he knock Wilder out? Probably. Would that tactic give him the best chance to beat Wilder? Doubtful.

All I was saying is that a fighter with good power could have a crack at Wilder early. I think that should've been Ortiz's strategy. Forget about out boxing Wilder and just try to take his head off for the first 4/5 rounds.

Fury and Mayweather both play the odds. It's why, more often than not, they bore the pants off people.
0 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

Post Reply

Social Media