Starlink train

News, Banter and anything else non football!!

BillyDWhizz

Starlink train

Post by BillyDWhizz » Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:23 pm

Got shouted by my missus about an hour ago to come in to the garden and look up. What I saw boggled my mind. A literal train of clearly visible objects in a perfect line making their way across the night sky. I was like WTF!? But then remembered a glimpse at story I saw a few weeks ago, so had a quick Google and yup, exactly what I saw although these weren't as close together.

If you get lucky have a look, it's quite something to see. We did video and take pics but on phones they ain't come out particularly well. If I manage to get a decent pic I'll post it. But anyhoo, here's basically what we saw tonight.

https://www.space.com/spacex-starlink-s ... guide.html
2 x
Rounding to the nearest whole numbers makes them pointless.

Dwayne Pipes

Re: Starlink train

Post by Dwayne Pipes » Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:34 am

You sure it weren’t the second coming of Moyes ?
0 x

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer » Mon Dec 30, 2019 4:58 pm

wow that looks cool...better watch out for the other 5000 up there knocking around... :lol:

Great view of Venus tonite in the southwest if your around....
0 x

Gandalf

Post by Gandalf » Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:43 pm

BillyDWhizz wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:23 pm
Got shouted by my missus about an hour ago to come in to the garden and look up. What I saw boggled my mind. A literal train of clearly visible objects in a perfect line making their way across the night sky. I was like WTF!? But then remembered a glimpse at story I saw a few weeks ago, so had a quick Google and yup, exactly what I saw although these weren't as close together.

If you get lucky have a look, it's quite something to see. We did video and take pics but on phones they ain't come out particularly well. If I manage to get a decent pic I'll post it. But anyhoo, here's basically what we saw tonight.

https://www.space.com/spacex-starlink-s ... guide.html
That video was probably take right after launch.
You mentioned those that you saw were not so close together. That's because they've already started the maneuvers to put themselves into their respective orbits.

I think I'll be watching the night skies closely for the next few days. :-)
0 x

Gandalf

Post by Gandalf » Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:39 pm

If anyone is interest you can track them on https://www.satflare.com/track.asp?q=starlink#TOP
0 x

Gandalf

Post by Gandalf » Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:38 pm

They just flew overhead. Satflare said they would be passing about 70km north. Standing there looking for them, then looked up and they were there, right overhead! :lol:
All spaced out a lot more now.
1 x

Social Media