The Gentlemen

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
Taansend

The Gentlemen

Post by Taansend » Tue Dec 31, 2019 7:53 am

Guy Ritchie new film out here end of January. Not sure if it's been out in UK but it's his first in the Lock Stock, Snatch & Rocknrolla genre in a dozen years.

I'm a big fan of these films so looking forward to this one although Hugh Grant doing a mockney accent seems fucking weird.

Here's the two trailers. Anyone seen it?

0 x

Neville Bartos

Re: The Gentlemen

Post by Neville Bartos » Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:21 pm

Guy Ritchie is so hit and miss you never know what you're going to get. Snatch was brilliant, Sherlock Holmes was good, King Arthur was shite and Revolver was shite and boring.
0 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

JayK

Post by JayK » Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:02 am

Went to see it tonight. Not completely convinced by Hugh Grant but very stereotypical Guy Ritchie movie and very enjoyable. Glad we went to see it. Funny with twists and obviously a few naughty words and violence :D
1 x
COYI!!!

Taansend

Post by Taansend » Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:49 am

JayK wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:02 am
Went to see it tonight. Not completely convinced by Hugh Grant but very stereotypical Guy Ritchie movie and very enjoyable. Glad we went to see it. Funny with twists and obviously a few naughty words and violence :D
goodpost:)

Pretty much what I thought from the trailers.

Hugh Grant sounds Don Logan's (Ben Kingsley in Sexy Beast) effeminate brother

Two more weeks till it comes out
0 x

JayK

Post by JayK » Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:23 am

Taansend wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:49 am
JayK wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:02 am

Not seen sexy beast so can’t comment on that. Hughs character is good, quite funny, but the only annoying bit of the film for me was the way he spoke. Sometimes pronouncing all his letters in a posh voice then a gay voice then a cockney voice dropping loads of T’s etc. That doesn’t spoil the film though. Let me know what you think in a couple of weeks.

2 films advertised at the cinema....The new James Bond. Looks full of action as you’d expect and looking forward to it. The other is the new bad boys. Loved the original (mainly for the comedy and Tia Leone) but one thing that concerns me is the length of the trailers. Generally when trailers are so long, you’ve seen most of the best bits already which kinda kills the anticipation factor of going to watch it and walk away disappointed. We’ll see.
0 x
COYI!!!

Taansend

Post by Taansend » Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:57 pm

JayK wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:23 am
Taansend wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:49 am

Not seen sexy beast so can’t comment on that. Hughs character is good, quite funny, but the only annoying bit of the film for me was the way he spoke. Sometimes pronouncing all his letters in a posh voice then a gay voice then a cockney voice dropping loads of T’s etc. That doesn’t spoil the film though. Let me know what you think in a couple of weeks.

2 films advertised at the cinema....The new James Bond. Looks full of action as you’d expect and looking forward to it. The other is the new bad boys. Loved the original (mainly for the comedy and Tia Leone) but one thing that concerns me is the length of the trailers. Generally when trailers are so long, you’ve seen most of the best bits already which kinda kills the anticipation factor of going to watch it and walk away disappointed. We’ll see.
Mate, watch Sexy Beast. As soon as possible
0 x

JayK

Post by JayK » Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:41 pm

Taansend wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:57 pm
JayK wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:23 am

I will try to remember mate
0 x
COYI!!!

palerider

Post by palerider » Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:07 pm

Brummie cunts.

Or was that Peaky Blinders ?
0 x
The cheque's in the post. Honestly.

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer » Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:15 pm

palerider wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:07 pm
Brummie cunts.

Or was that Peaky Blinders ?
Cillian whatever his name is....drifts off into Scouse in that quite a bit....
0 x

Taansend

Post by Taansend » Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:57 pm

JayK wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:41 pm
Taansend wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:57 pm

I will try to remember mate
0 x

Social Media