Stephen King.

News, Banter and anything else non football!!

Neville Bartos

Stephen King.

Post by Neville Bartos » Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:03 pm

Called backwards and ignorant for writing "I would never consider diversity in matters of art. Only quality. It seems to me that to do otherwise would be wrong.”

Apparently this is because white men can only appreciate art that reflects their world, or personal taste as it's called by everyone else.

I'm starting to think us white men are missing a gene that means we can't see beyond the colour of our skin or our sexual organs.
How lucky women and other ethnicities are that they can view everything so objectively. I wonder if I could list my ethnicity as a disability? :D
0 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

BlackDiamond

Re: Stephen King.

Post by BlackDiamond » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:35 pm

What is wrong in appreciating the quality of the art regardless of the gender or ethnicity of the creator of that art.

Or why should some art be awarded special status, just because the originator, belongs to some trendy wanky sub set that has been identified by types,who talk about barista's and write comments in the guardian...
0 x

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:12 pm

BlackDiamond wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:35 pm
What is wrong in appreciating the quality of the art regardless of the gender or ethnicity of the creator of that art.

Or why should some art be awarded special status, just because the originator, belongs to some trendy wanky sub set that has been identified by types,who talk about barista's and write comments in the guardian...
In the world of gender/identity politics there's no such thing as regardless.
To quote one of those who criticised King, 'It implies that diversity and quality cannot be synonymous. They are not separate things. Quality is everywhere but most industries only believe in quality from one demographic.'
Look at how this person twists King's statement from 'diversity should not be a consideration' into 'diversity is irreconcilable with quality'. These people see bias in everything, well, everything except their own very obvious bigotry.

Here's the article... https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-ente ... 83971.html
1 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes » Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:41 pm

The arts and literature world are full of wrong uns anyway ,critics are self righteous pompous up their own arsehole cunts too .

Take it with a pinch of salt.
0 x

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos » Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:51 am

Dwayne Pipes wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:41 pm
The arts and literature world are full of wrong uns anyway ,critics are self righteous pompous up their own arsehole cunts too .

Take it with a pinch of salt.
True, but this kind of spin and false inference are normal now. Social media, and the media in general, are happy to take what appears to be, and probably is, an entirely reasonable opinion and royally fuck people into oblivion, because these lunatics choose to be offended by it.
Ignore these zealots too long and they'll be running the world before we know it. In fact aren't they already in charge in Canada?
0 x

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer » Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:21 pm

Prob we have these days...in so much stuff is

A 100 people read something....90% agree or understand it,but stay silent,which people do..just
nod in agreement generally...But
The 10% that disagree,want their voice to be heard..rightly or wrongly,depends...so they tweet,
write,get on TV,the Press ..all give them airtime/printspace...
Gives the impression,they are the Majority.and speaking for joe public...us..they're not,they are
speaking for themselves,who most of the general public disagree with.

Seems like every single comment/statement/passing thought, by anyone that's well known,
when they speak on anything touching "Equality"of any kind...is somehow turned and spun into some
kind of derogatory/slanderous, borderline racist thing.

If I was in the public arena..would keep me mouth shut on it all....Then Again I probably wouldn't...... :lol:
0 x

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos » Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:18 pm

I see Mr. King has apologised and accepted his comments crossed 'a line'. He goes on to further abase himself before the altar of woke by suggesting the Oscars are biased towards white men. Something, it should be said, that no one could possibly know.
Why people are so terrified of the wokies I just can't understand. All Steve has shown here is that he's sans backbone.
0 x

Social Media