Climate Change

News, Banter and anything else non football!!

Is Climate Change Real

Yes and we need to combat it immediately
6
43%
Yes but it's not as bad as people think
1
7%
Yes but it's a natural pattern
2
14%
Not real a big hoax
4
29%
Other
1
7%
 
Total votes: 14

User avatar
Taansend
Posts: 8088
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:40 pm
Location: San Diego California
x 988
x 339
Contact:

Climate Change

Post by Taansend » Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:28 pm

Without question the earth is heating up at quicker and quicker rates.

Polar caps melting, sea levels rising, droughts, storms & floods mean that governments will be spending more and more resources on fighting natural disasters.

More extreme weather means more wars and more refugees.

Or is it all a load of bollocks? Nothing's happening and it's just a hoax, as Orange Cunt claims.

Over here anyone watching fox 'news' believes it's not real. Does the media in the UK or Oz have a similar outlet with this position?
0 x

User avatar
Neville Bartos
Posts: 4413
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:29 am
Location: Flyyyyyyyyyin'
x 526
x 762

Re: Climate Change

Post by Neville Bartos » Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:35 pm

99% of scientists agree that human activity is contributing to potentially catastrophic global warming.
And yet somehow certain sections of society want to paint it as a conspiracy theory invented by Greta Thunberg. Yes. Let's ignore those scientists and concentrate on the weird Swedish child.
Anyway there's no point moaning, people are far too invested in their own self serving interests to do anything. Well, at least until the sea is lapping at their own door.
2 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

User avatar
Taansend
Posts: 8088
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:40 pm
Location: San Diego California
x 988
x 339
Contact:

Re: Climate Change

Post by Taansend » Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:40 pm

Neville Bartos wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:35 pm
99% of scientists agree that human activity is contributing to potentially catastrophic global warming.
And yet somehow certain sections of society want to paint it as a conspiracy theory invented by Greta Thunberg. Yes. Let's ignore those scientists and concentrate on the weird Swedish child.
Anyway there's no point moaning, people are far too invested in their own self serving interests to do anything. Well, at least until the sea is lapping at their own door.
The fox viewers here are convinced the scientists are making it up to keep getting grants. They say that with a straight face too
0 x

User avatar
Neville Bartos
Posts: 4413
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:29 am
Location: Flyyyyyyyyyin'
x 526
x 762

Re: Climate Change

Post by Neville Bartos » Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:45 pm

Taansend wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:40 pm
Neville Bartos wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:35 pm
99% of scientists agree that human activity is contributing to potentially catastrophic global warming.
And yet somehow certain sections of society want to paint it as a conspiracy theory invented by Greta Thunberg. Yes. Let's ignore those scientists and concentrate on the weird Swedish child.
Anyway there's no point moaning, people are far too invested in their own self serving interests to do anything. Well, at least until the sea is lapping at their own door.
The fox viewers here are convinced the scientists are making it up to keep getting grants. They say that with a straight face too
Isn't Fox News satire, like Brass Eye? :D
1 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

User avatar
Noni
Posts: 2781
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:20 pm
x 570
x 90

Re: Climate Change

Post by Noni » Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:51 pm

Stop farting everyone!.... :lol:
0 x

User avatar
Oziron
Director of Avatars
Posts: 2214
Joined: Wed May 18, 2016 9:37 pm
x 262
x 184

Re: Climate Change

Post by Oziron » Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:08 pm

Until all the recent bushfires a lot of the Fox News types have been dismissing man made climate change over here. Fortunately the conversation seems to have changed recently but it's too little too late imho. Scientists were talking about the dangers of global warming in the fuckin 1970s !!
3 x

User avatar
Taansend
Posts: 8088
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:40 pm
Location: San Diego California
x 988
x 339
Contact:

Re: Climate Change

Post by Taansend » Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:19 pm

Noni wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:51 pm
Stop farting everyone!.... :lol:
How will that help?
0 x

User avatar
Macca666
Posts: 486
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:47 pm
x 85

Re: Climate Change

Post by Macca666 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:29 pm

Neville Bartos wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:35 pm
99% of scientists agree that human activity is contributing to potentially catastrophic global warming.
And yet somehow certain sections of society want to paint it as a conspiracy theory invented by Greta Thunberg. Yes. Let's ignore those scientists and concentrate on the weird Swedish child.
Anyway there's no point moaning, people are far too invested in their own self serving interests to do anything. Well, at least until the sea is lapping at their own door.
99% would love to know where you got that figure from? Global warming load of old cunt just away to try extract yet more tax this time in the form of a carbon tax. David Bellamy once a global warming expert now reckons it's bullshit.
The sun has 13 year cycles causing the earth to heat up and cool, recent photos released by nasa show the ice caps have actually grown, sure the bbc will show us pictures of the ice falling into the sea but they want tell you the ice caps are expanding on the opposite side.
And as for the weather pretty sure we've had the ability to change weather patterns for decades, the Americans extended the rainy season in vietfuckingnam for weeks, not that it did them any good. If you ain't already check out what the Haarp machine is all about, interesting stuff.
1 x

User avatar
Taansend
Posts: 8088
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:40 pm
Location: San Diego California
x 988
x 339
Contact:

Re: Climate Change

Post by Taansend » Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:51 pm

Macca666 wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:29 pm
Neville Bartos wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:35 pm
99% of scientists agree that human activity is contributing to potentially catastrophic global warming.
And yet somehow certain sections of society want to paint it as a conspiracy theory invented by Greta Thunberg. Yes. Let's ignore those scientists and concentrate on the weird Swedish child.
Anyway there's no point moaning, people are far too invested in their own self serving interests to do anything. Well, at least until the sea is lapping at their own door.
99% would love to know where you got that figure from? Global warming load of old cunt just away to try extract yet more tax this time in the form of a carbon tax. David Bellamy once a global warming expert now reckons it's bullshit.
The sun has 13 year cycles causing the earth to heat up and cool, recent photos released by nasa show the ice caps have actually grown, sure the bbc will show us pictures of the ice falling into the sea but they want tell you the ice caps are expanding on the opposite side.
And as for the weather pretty sure we've had the ability to change weather patterns for decades, the Americans extended the rainy season in vietfuckingnam for weeks, not that it did them any good. If you ain't already check out what the Haarp machine is all about, interesting stuff.
13 year cycles of the sun :lol:

The average temperature of the planet has been warming for decades with it speeding up now. But you're saying that it's no hotter than 13 years ago.

Also it's well over 90% of scientists agree it's happening.

And who is trying to extract more tax? You think they're faking data around the world just to create a carbon tax. That's fucking priceless. And one of the most stupid things I've ever read :lol:

And why are sea levels rising if the ice caps are getting bigger?
1 x

User avatar
Gandalf
Posts: 354
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:00 pm
x 87
x 84

Re: Climate Change

Post by Gandalf » Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:15 pm

Oziron wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:08 pm
Until all the recent bushfires a lot of the Fox News types have been dismissing man made climate change over here. Fortunately the conversation seems to have changed recently but it's too little too late imho. Scientists were talking about the dangers of global warming in the fuckin 1970s !!
Not only the scientists. Edgar Winter was banging on about it too!

0 x

Post Reply

Social Media