Climate Change

News, Banter and anything else non football!!

Is Climate Change Real

Yes and we need to combat it immediately
43%
Yes but it's not as bad as people think
7%
Yes but it's a natural pattern
14%
Not real a big hoax
29%
Other
7%

Total votes: 14

Gandalf

Re: Climate Change

Post by Gandalf » Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:15 pm

Gandalf wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:15 pm
Oziron wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:08 pm
Until all the recent bushfires a lot of the Fox News types have been dismissing man made climate change over here. Fortunately the conversation seems to have changed recently but it's too little too late imho. Scientists were talking about the dangers of global warming in the fuckin 1970s !!
Not only the scientists. Edgar Winter was banging on about it too!

As was Alexis Korner.....

0 x

Gandalf

Post by Gandalf » Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:16 pm

Gandalf wrote:
Gandalf wrote:

Not only the scientists. Edgar Winter was banging on about it too!

Even The Osmonds knew!!!!!!

0 x

Gandalf

Post by Gandalf » Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:18 pm

Gandalf wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:16 pm
Gandalf wrote:

Even The Osmonds knew!!!!!!

But wait. Let's go and ask Meat Loaf what he thinks! ;-)
0 x

Taansend

Post by Taansend » Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:24 pm

Also, as the seas warm & oxygen in it declines you'll have cod moving further north away from the UK & squid moving up around our shores.

So prepare yourselves for Squid n Chips. It's happening :ugeek:
0 x

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond » Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:32 pm

Oziron wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:08 pm
Until all the recent bushfires a lot of the Fox News types have been dismissing man made climate change over here. Fortunately the conversation seems to have changed recently but it's too little too late imho. Scientists were talking about the dangers of global warming in the fuckin 1970s !!
Yes,it's all based on data collected, measured,during the last 150 years.And from this,an elaborate theory has been spun to explain what looks like a trend.

Obviously the main contributing factor is global population growth which only became a recognised problem in 1960 when 3 billion people were recorded.

Naturally, nobody did fuck all - too busy being groovy, which is how at 2020 we now have a world population of 7.7 billion.

Unsurprisingly, people have still done fuck all, but what they have done,is swapped Karl Marx and John Lennon for Greta Tintin Eleonora Ernman Thunberg and Ricky Gervais...which has changed the mood from feeling groovy to righteous enlightenment...

All of which is a complete loss to Fox News - who don't do irony anyway
0 x

Thames1

Post by Thames1 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:36 pm

Taansend wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:28 pm
Without question the earth is heating up at quicker and quicker rates.

Polar caps melting, sea levels rising, droughts, storms & floods mean that governments will be spending more and more resources on fighting natural disasters.

More extreme weather means more wars and more refugees.

Or is it all a load of bollocks? Nothing's happening and it's just a hoax, as Orange Cunt claims.

Over here anyone watching fox 'news' believes it's not real. Does the media in the UK or Oz have a similar outlet with this position?
'Orange cunt' - Would that be the President that the majority voted in?

Same as Brexit really - Got voted in

Anti Tory - They won

West Ham supporter - Ahem

Fuck me Taans, you do like a loser :lol:
1 x

Macca666

Post by Macca666 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:26 pm

Taansend wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:51 pm
Macca666 wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:29 pm

99% would love to know where you got that figure from? Global warming load of old cunt just away to try extract yet more tax this time in the form of a carbon tax. David Bellamy once a global warming expert now reckons it's bullshit.
The sun has 13 year cycles causing the earth to heat up and cool, recent photos released by nasa show the ice caps have actually grown, sure the bbc will show us pictures of the ice falling into the sea but they want tell you the ice caps are expanding on the opposite side.
And as for the weather pretty sure we've had the ability to change weather patterns for decades, the Americans extended the rainy season in vietfuckingnam for weeks, not that it did them any good. If you ain't already check out what the Haarp machine is all about, interesting stuff.
13 year cycles of the sun :lol:

The average temperature of the planet has been warming for decades with it speeding up now. But you're saying that it's no hotter than 13 years ago.

Also it's well over 90% of scientists agree it's happening.

And who is trying to extract more tax? You think they're faking data around the world just to create a carbon tax. That's fucking priceless. And one of the most stupid things I've ever read :lol:

And why are sea levels rising if the ice caps are getting bigger?
[/quote

So is that how debate works ? You start a thread about global warming with a few options to choose from one being global warming is bullshit and because that's exactly what I think it is and you don't then I'm wrong?
And because you chuck a few lol's about in your response in an attempt to try strengthen your side of the debate and make me look like some kind of looney again you think your right and I'm wrong.
You believe what you wanna believe, maybe go stand with greta cuntberg or whatever her fucking name was stamp your feet a bit pull a few weird faces and start boo hooing say lol a few times and bingo, global warmings real, you might even convince me. Lol lol lol lol
1 x

Taansend

Post by Taansend » Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:47 am

Thames1 wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:36 pm
Taansend wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:28 pm
Without question the earth is heating up at quicker and quicker rates.

Polar caps melting, sea levels rising, droughts, storms & floods mean that governments will be spending more and more resources on fighting natural disasters.

More extreme weather means more wars and more refugees.

Or is it all a load of bollocks? Nothing's happening and it's just a hoax, as Orange Cunt claims.

Over here anyone watching fox 'news' believes it's not real. Does the media in the UK or Oz have a similar outlet with this position?
Actually the majority voted for Clinton, but good effort, you thick cunt :lol:

Stick to thinking what piers Morgan tells you to think. I have shits with more brains than you so save both our time & don't bother replying again👍
0 x

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos » Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:56 am

I read the figure 99% in an article somewhere that was specifically about whether climatologists -- the only scientists that should really count -- agreed that man was contributing to climate change.
Although I've read other articles that put that figure at 97%.

I'm quite interested in the idea that anyone would buy into the idea that we should do nothing, or that it's cobblers, because between 1 and 3 percent of experts disagree with the concesus.
I'm even more interested in the idea that it's a global conspiracy. For the first time in history politicians are conspiring against the people with all the money, they're conspiring to not go down the path of least resistance?
There's fuck all for politician down the renewable energy rabbit hole. It's difficult, it's expensive, and when/if they get it right there's less profit in it than fossil fuels.

This really reminds me of those religious loons on YouTube constantly railing against the conspiracy of 'science'. Every area of science that in anyway contradicts scripture is wrong. It's all lies.

Personally im quite happy to listen to the experts, look at the evidence, and decide that given the potential consequences, a better safe than sorry approach is the way to go.
Not for me of course, I'll be long gone by the time the shit is meant to hit the fan.

What I would say regarding the opposite view though is that unless someone is an actual climatologist, with facts and research to back that opinion up, why the fuck, short of nihilism, would you want nothing done? I mean if 9 electricians told you not to switch a light on because there's a very good chance you could be electrocuted, and one said 'nah it'll be fine', wouldn't caution be the obvious, sensible, logical, reasonable choice?
0 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

Thames1

Post by Thames1 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:28 pm

Taansend wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:47 am
Thames1 wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:36 pm

Actually the majority voted for Clinton, but good effort, you thick cunt :lol:

Stick to thinking what piers Morgan tells you to think. I have shits with more brains than you so save both our time & don't bother replying again<span class="emoji-outer emoji-sizer"><span class="emoji-inner" style="background: url(chrome-extension://immhpnclomdloikkpcefncmfgjbkojmh/emoji-data/sheet_apple_32.png);background-position:30.0235017626322% 4.054054054054054%;background-size:5418.75% 5418.75%" data-codepoints="1f44d"></span></span>
Oh :lol:

You best take it easy yanky as you don't want to have a bad shift on the check out till with the rest of the girls. And, ting tong wont be happy if you're all angry when you get home either! Just chill and dream about another boxing thread that you think makes you a pwopa geeza :lol:
1 x

Social Media