Coronavirus

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
Whiskyman

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Whiskyman » Tue May 19, 2020 10:49 am

mkhammer wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 10:16 am
Whiskyman wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 5:59 pm

Here's a theory. Different criteria for reporting deaths. Do people die because they have the virus, or do they die with it ? There is a difference. And if Germany, to use your example, is only reporting deaths which are caused by the virus itself that could be an answer. Not saying that is the case but it's one theory. Silly example but if someone has the virus and is knocked down and killed by a car I believe the UK method of reporting would shown that as a virus related death. That may not be the case in other countries. The car example is silly but it would equally apply to diseases or conditions, such as cancer.

And tbh it always amuses me when people assume that any information our own government, or media, report is taken as being accurate but similar information from elsewhere is regarded with suspicion.
Absolutely right mate...thing is you can twist any stat to suit your agenda...whatever that may be,
but the potential to twist and turn them on this shit of a thing...is another level....

I put some stats together that makes you go ...why the fuck are we worried about this,going into
lockdown panic mode is a joke....but can also put some together...that we've all got 5 years left..
Take yer pick...use them to suit you.

Thing is our Press/Media do exactly what you refer to,but the opposite imo....everyone else is
truthful and honest and forthright,handling it well...and
Our Government is a lying bunch of shysters...who don't give a fuck about PPEs/Care Homes...etc..
But People don't listen to the spiel and agendas they put out and have anymore....
It's been proven a lot lately...pleased with that.

Is why we need total honesty with this,soon as I here political gain on TV ...I'm hitting the remote..
Cos as we come out of this it'll be ramped up.....12 months time fully expect a silly No Confidence
in the Government to be spoken of...Political Gain..........nothing else.
You're spot on about statistics mate. Here's one to get your teeth into.

I read somewhere that as many as 12% of road accidents were caused by so called "drunk drivers". Fine. But doesn't that mean that 88% of accidents are caused by sober ones ?
2 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

JayK

Post by JayK » Tue May 19, 2020 12:32 pm

Whiskyman wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 8:45 am
JayK wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 1:52 am

Yeah but ya not supposed to drink the hand wash when you’re all out of Scotland’s finest :lol:
The secret is doing your inventory. Thus making sure supplies are ALWAYS to hand. ;)

But if the worst should happen. If it's good enough for Donald Trump---------
True that. I’m shocking at keeping stocked up on beer. Maybe coz I drink too much of it now. But rum and red wine in particular are in abundance
0 x
COYI!!!

JayK

Post by JayK » Tue May 19, 2020 12:35 pm

mkhammer wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 10:35 am
JayK wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 6:01 pm

At least it ain’t an empty threat everywhere then. Seems to be more street parties down this way. Not on my street though. My stereo would be nicked in minutes
Dont get any of that in MK Jay....it's all "Peace an love Man".....

Unless you live on any of the Estates..or Bletchley or Newport Pagnell,or Stony Stratford,or
City Centre,or any outlying villages within a ten mile radius...apart from those you can leave
your front door open all day...... :lol:
Ha ha, sounds lovely and safe :lol: :lol: :lol:
Newport Pagnell is where my old boss lives. Nice little area. Good boss too.
0 x
COYI!!!

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer » Tue May 19, 2020 6:53 pm

JayK wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 12:35 pm
mkhammer wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 10:35 am

Dont get any of that in MK Jay....it's all "Peace an love Man".....

Unless you live on any of the Estates..or Bletchley or Newport Pagnell,or Stony Stratford,or
City Centre,or any outlying villages within a ten mile radius...apart from those you can leave
your front door open all day...... :lol:
Nah tbh ,it's prob as good as it gets...has the same population as Luton/Wolverhampton,much more than
Newcastle..Portsmouth.....but the crime and all the other shit is a lot less..

Has it's share of dodgy areas...but on the whole it's OK ...

Lived pretty close to Newport for about 15 of my years in MK...I'm still a cockney outsider...
they don't forget and very unforgiving...... :lol:
0 x

JayK

Post by JayK » Tue May 19, 2020 10:02 pm

mkhammer wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 6:53 pm
JayK wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 12:35 pm

Nah tbh ,it's prob as good as it gets...has the same population as Luton/Wolverhampton,much more than
Newcastle..Portsmouth.....but the crime and all the other shit is a lot less..

Has it's share of dodgy areas...but on the whole it's OK ...

Lived pretty close to Newport for about 15 of my years in MK...I'm still a cockney outsider...
they don't forget and very unforgiving...... :lol:
Ha ha sounds like my mate who was born in the Wirral but lived most of his life in Aberdeen. They always call him Scouse rather than by his name
0 x
COYI!!!

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes » Sun May 24, 2020 11:06 am

Quite a few tories clamouring for Dominic Cummings to get the elbow hence saving their own incompetent sorry arses when he wields the next axe.
0 x

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer » Sun May 24, 2020 1:07 pm

Dwayne Pipes wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 11:06 am
Quite a few tories clamouring for Dominic Cummings to get the elbow hence saving their own incompetent sorry arses when he wields the next axe.
Just been watching all morning....all news channels 90% of their time about him....

So he rightly or wrongly thought in his personal circumstances the best thing to do to protect
his 4 year old daughter....as his wife was poorly and felt he might have a prob with it as well
coming on....was to get her near family members who if the worst came on as indeed it did,
she would have help close at hand...it's a personal call whether you say thats ok or not...
80/90 % certain I'd done the same,if was able..in those circumstances.
Why the hell would he choose to make that journey if didn't feel it was for the best,theres
absolutely no way it wouldn't come out,he would know that better than anyone.

Press/media are obviously all over it...they thrive on persecution.....saying this is totally against
guidelines and extremely anti social and dangerous...
That is the 30 or so Bods all climbing over each other with absolutely no protection whatsoever
that is....who are gonna go back to their offices...and later Family...

You can see Cummings physically trying his best to keep a distance...but they hound him,getting
as close as they can...
Obviously cares more about his family and friends/work colleagues than they do.

Really sums up our Press/Media....not just these chancers with their cameras and mikes...
runs right thru....
1 x

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond » Sun May 24, 2020 1:49 pm

mkhammer wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 1:07 pm
Dwayne Pipes wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 11:06 am
Just been watching all morning....all news channels 90% of their time about him....

So he rightly or wrongly thought in his personal circumstances the best thing to do to protect
his 4 year old daughter....as his wife was poorly and felt he might have a prob with it as well
coming on....was to get her near family members who if the worst came on as indeed it did,
she would have help close at hand...it's a personal call whether you say thats ok or not...
80/90 % certain I'd done the same,if was able..in those circumstances.
Why the hell would he choose to make that journey if didn't feel it was for the best,theres
absolutely no way it wouldn't come out,he would know that better than anyone.

Press/media are obviously all over it...they thrive on persecution.....saying this is totally against
guidelines and extremely anti social and dangerous...
That is the 30 or so Bods all climbing over each other with absolutely no protection whatsoever
that is....who are gonna go back to their offices...and later Family...

You can see Cummings physically trying his best to keep a distance...but they hound him,getting
as close as they can...
Obviously cares more about his family and friends/work colleagues than they do.

Really sums up our Press/Media....not just these chancers with their cameras and mikes...
runs right thru....
The inner cabinet look like men without the right stuff. Not an admirable person within the whole cartel.

Of course Cumming's was lucky the PM recovered as he did,because had he not,then he would have been furloughed weeks ago.
0 x

palerider

Post by palerider » Sun May 24, 2020 1:52 pm

Spain are up in arms about the 14 day quarantine on return if Brits go there for a holiday. They need us to save their tourist industry.

Yet they're doing all they can to claim Gibraltar.

Dago cunts.

Fuck 'em.
0 x
The cheque's in the post. Honestly.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes » Sun May 24, 2020 4:56 pm

palerider wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 1:52 pm
Spain are up in arms about the 14 day quarantine on return if Brits go there for a holiday. They need us to save their tourist industry.

Yet they're doing all they can to claim Gibraltar.

Dago cunts.

Fuck 'em.
Exactly Gib will be forever British under a Tory government
Pack the caves with high explosives if smarmy Starmer ever gets in.

Rule Britannia.
0 x

Social Media