Coronavirus

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
Neville Bartos

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Neville Bartos » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:44 am

BlackDiamond wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:59 am
I'm a bit disappointed with the BBC media coverage,as it is tilted to the more sensationalist reporting and not behaving like mature journalism.

Consider these two examples.

LIVE Virus surges in US as death toll passes 1,000 - sounds fucking terrible doesn't it,until you look at the mortality rate 1.5% (compared with the UK 4.9%)

Coronavirus victim,21,had no health issues - this is alarming right...but when you delve into it,the verification of covid-19 is an opinion made by her family...it's not even been confirmed by any medical investigation

So come on BBC,your better than this juvenile trash - get the kids off the keyboards and get some fucking intelligence in the house, before you press the publish key...
Isn't the mortality rate a red herring? Since it's a percentage of those who've tested positive as opposed to those who have it.
You could have two countries with identical population sizes, identical infection rates, and identical mortality rates, but if one does half as many tests the mortality rate would appear to be double.

We don't get news reports anymore, we get news opinions. Saves us proles having to think, or make our own minds up I suppose.
1 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:57 pm

Newmarket wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:00 am
Whiskyman wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:09 am

Don't need to lie about it mate. Your posts are a matter of record on here. And as for fantasising about you doing anything, don't fucking flatter yourself . :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back to your reservation now, there's a good chap.
Can you explain your last sentence to me please ?
I’m quite enjoying your little spat :D but I can’t don’t understand that bit ?
It's good stuff and we are privileged to be part of the audience. And it's a text book classic

Guy A calls Guy B a cunt - but he doesn't care because he called Guy A a cunt first...and it always ends the same way - either tears or beers
1 x

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket » Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:07 pm

BlackDiamond wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:57 pm
Newmarket wrote:

It's good stuff and we are privileged to be part of the audience. And it's a text book classic

Guy A calls Guy B a cunt - but he doesn't care because he called Guy A a cunt first...and it always ends the same way - either tears or beers
Now THAT depends on the answer to my question.
0 x
Bring back Jonathon !

Longshanks

Post by Longshanks » Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:14 pm

BlackDiamond wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:57 pm
Newmarket wrote:

“ Shutup you cunt “ ⚒
1 x
I can’t stand Thrush. Fact.

whu

Post by whu » Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:48 pm

bunch of cunts …. especially the commie nev, tree-hugging mincer..... :lol: ;) whufc_crest
1 x
Land based game. Pass and move. Simple.
Want a launching? Try NASA or Firework night.
We're West Ham. It's what we want. Now and always. Amen.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:02 pm

whu wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:48 pm
bunch of cunts …. especially the commie nev, tree-hugging mincer..... :lol: ;) whufc_crest
Snood at all Adolf ? :D
1 x
Bring back Jonathon !

JayK

Post by JayK » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:53 pm

Newmarket wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:28 pm
Taansend wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:03 pm

I think so, as long as they earn less than $75k
Well that’s more than that self serving cunt Johnson and his cronies are doing for our self employed.
Apparently there’s gonna be an announcement for us today. Rumour is 80% of what we woulda been earning minus tax. But mine has been all over the place and only since July, so I think I’m still fucked and have to work at Tesco for those peanuts mentioned or claim jobseekers which is even worse.
0 x
COYI!!!

Taansend

Post by Taansend » Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:08 pm

palerider wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:48 am
Taansend wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:36 am

You still going :lol:

Donny says we'll be fine before Easter Sunday
I have until July 2nd to decide so at the moment yes.
If it is still on you should get good deals.

And if you like wine Napa area will be offering loads of tours
1 x

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:05 pm

whu wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:48 pm
I take exception to mincer. I hit the beach like a greased cougar from the planet big bollocks.
1 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

Macca666

Post by Macca666 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:58 pm

BlackDiamond wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:59 am
I'm a bit disappointed with the BBC media coverage,as it is tilted to the more sensationalist reporting and not behaving like mature journalism.

Consider these two examples.

LIVE Virus surges in US as death toll passes 1,000 - sounds fucking terrible doesn't it,until you look at the mortality rate 1.5% (compared with the UK 4.9%)

Coronavirus victim,21,had no health issues - this is alarming right...but when you delve into it,the verification of covid-19 is an opinion made by her family...it's not even been confirmed by any medical investigation

So come on BBC,your better than this juvenile trash - get the kids off the keyboards and get some fucking intelligence in the house, before you press the publish key...
Without wanting to upset anyone but from what I've read public health England actually down graded the threat of covid19 just last week to not as serious a threat as first feared, suggesting death rates wont be any higher than influenza. The bbc are apparently fully aware of this Down grading but as of yet are refusing to report it. To put things in perspective malaria kills as many as 750000 a year, of which the majority are black and African so nobody gives a fuck.
Just another stat to but things in perspective, some experts on the virus are reporting that the death rate could be as low as 0.4 % worldwide, worldwide the murder rate is 0.3 %.
0 x

Social Media