Coronavirus

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
JayK

Re: Coronavirus

Post by JayK » Mon May 18, 2020 1:33 pm

Whiskyman wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 1:20 pm
JayK wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 12:04 pm

I think the main reason for the lockdown was to try stop the NHS falling on its knees and no other reason. Now they’re not so busy, the government can afford to see a few more people infected, until we peak again (which I think is inevitable) then we’ll all be locked down again. The sights of people getting into work via the tube in London was like this thing had never happened.

I agree we need to move out of lockdown slowly (option 3) but the government need better control of the transport systems to try reduce the risk of the 2nd peak.
Round my way the last couple of weeks has seen a very significant rise in the number of people on the roads. And at the weekend there were a few little family groups out in one of our local parks, which was nice to see, when I was walking the dog.

I think you're probably right about the overwhelming of the NHS but I think better information early doors would have helped. Mrs W has a friend who is a GP and she said that she was inundated with people who had the symptoms but that only a small percentage of those needed medical advice or treatment. But because people were, initially, led to believe it was a death sentence there was understandable anxiety. Which quite possibly meant some people who genuinely needed treatment didn't receive it.

I also agree with you about a second peak. I think it is inevitable and whilst there is no cure or antidote it is pretty unavoidable. Which is the main reason I think we might just as well bite the bullet, take any sensible precautions we can, and get as many people working again as is possible.
Since Easter and the nice weather hit, roads have been much much busier, you’re right. Personally don’t think the government needed to relax anything coz people were and still are relaxing to it anyway.

If it wasn’t for the Chinese, I don’t think it woulda been a pandemic so, false information came from the core of the issue and caught everyone with their pants down.

You know my stance on it. People ain’t all smart and considerate. These are the people that will spread it.....again. Soon shops will re-open, my mother in law is getting fed up and wants to go to the shops. It’s all well and good her taking measures but others she will encounter in the shops will basically kill her. This is why currently I will continue as if there was no relaxation until I can go do some work. Then I’ll have to be smarter. Carry sanitiser, wear gloves and masks, stay away from as many people as possible. The last one is easy though coz most people are cunts anyway. And that last one aint aimed at you, it’s a general perception of the world we live in.

And yes you’re right, people need to start working again. Businesses have had plenty of time to prepare and organise their businesses so that they can open or operate whatever in a safe environment.
1 x
COYI!!!

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer » Mon May 18, 2020 3:58 pm

Whiskyman wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 1:25 pm
mkhammer wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 12:29 pm

The Stats and figures being put up by other countries are very questionable as well...I'd go as far to
say they are way way off the truth....
TBH think we're one of the few countries not trying to cover things up....unless it's for short term
benefits that is....which is a necessity with a thing like this...don't want any panic in early
days...the true stats will come out over time and not be hidden.
What evidence do you have for saying any of that ? I wouldn't trust a government, ANY government, not to control the flow of information to it's best advantage.
Take Germany...surrounded by countries that have a death rate of approx 550 per Million of population
theirs is 96...despite publishing all the way thru the highest amount of "Critical cases"
Outside looking in...do they have a different variant of virus or an antidote.....
I understand why Germanys could be lower for numerous reason...but thats extreme.
And would like to know why.I'm being serious, not calling them out....is there different variants of it.
Maybe one not so potent....might evolve differently in different areas....we need to know this shit.

Russia highest infections in world now outside states...death rate of 1%, worldwide it's 15%...
(was 21% at one point but is slowly dropping,bout 2% per week would imagine.)
and 19 deaths per million.Ours is 511..

Brasil putting up just over 1% death rates..
India ..similar.
Irans death rate is crazily low......Chinas is 3 per million....Spains is 600...
Plenty of reasons for different figures...but like said..it's the extremes,i don't get.

Difference between protecting the public with figures which imo is needed...and out and out
lying to protect yourself politically..
0 x

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer » Mon May 18, 2020 4:02 pm

JayK wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 1:19 pm
mkhammer wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 12:45 pm

Yes mate..was made very clear from the start...this thing is here...we must protect our NHS
and not overwhelm it,so they can do their job ,which is exactly what happened...the Nightingales
were never needed...as of yet anyway.

It's pretty obvious people will stay in a lockdown situation for a couple weeks maybe...then we start
to get itchy feet as the novelty wears of....and we didn't want itchy feet when the thing is peaking,
was a hard call to get exactly right.

Don't go into town much, MK...but seen it get a little busier each week,before last weeks relaxation
of lockdown...,so pointless not easing it a bit...

Were very much a country that asks people to do something...and not tell and demand,like others..
that usually works better.
Just trust people to use commonsense....
Mind you thats hard for some of the idiots and arseholes we have out there...is why we need the
old bill with the extra powers to fine etc...
Did anybody actually get one of those fines? I know in Essex they were always talking about trying to work with the public rather than fine them. Not enough police to Marshall such a project though so was always gonna difficult for them.

Plenty of idiots and arseholes out there mate. I trust very few to do what’s right. Until I can start work again, I’m carrying on as if nothing’s changed since lockdown.
Yeah theres def been a few fines handed out mate....but think more for people holding parties
and raves.... :lol: which I saw somewhere....
0 x

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes » Mon May 18, 2020 4:47 pm

To be honest a lot of people’s personal hygiene left a lot to be desired maybe this is a kick up the arse for the filthy cunts.
1 x

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes » Mon May 18, 2020 4:53 pm

See Jezzas brother got nicked at some weirdo’s protest yesterday what a fucking family of cunts they have.
2 x

palerider

Post by palerider » Mon May 18, 2020 5:28 pm

mkhammer wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 3:58 pm
Whiskyman wrote:

What evidence do you have for saying any of that ? I wouldn't trust a government, ANY government, not to control the flow of information to it's best advantage.
Take Germany...surrounded by countries that have a death rate of approx 550 per Million of population
theirs is 96...despite publishing all the way thru the highest amount of "Critical cases"
Outside looking in...do they have a different variant of virus or an antidote.....
I understand why Germanys could be lower for numerous reason...but thats extreme.
And would like to know why.I'm being serious, not calling them out....is there different variants of it.
Maybe one not so potent....might evolve differently in different areas....we need to know this shit.

Russia highest infections in world now outside states...death rate of 1%, worldwide it's 15%...

India ..similar.
Irans death rate is crazily low......Chinas is 3 per million....Spains is 600...
Plenty of reasons for different figures...but like said..it's the extremes,i don't get.

Difference between protecting the public with figures which imo is needed...and out and out
The main reasons for dying from the disease are being old, being already ill from something else, being fat and being in a crowd.

And some have died from having all four.

The government are spending millions trying to determine why BAME deaths are so high.

Note to Matt Hancock. I'll tell you for a pony. Cultural differences. Many, not all, live in cramped housing. Yes, poverty does play a part I grant you but there are wealthy British Asians with nice houses who have Nanny and the grand-kids in the same property as it's what they do. Looking after family is admirable but in these times, very dangerous.

It's a myth that a heathy BAME male living in EXACTLY the same conditions as a white male is twice as likely to croak.

And don't believe the death rates in Iran and India. At the start of the pandemic, Iran's was rising very quickly then mysteriously stopped. As for India, I think figures for 9/10th's of the country haven't even been asked for.

Although poverty has, by some quirk of fate, helped the majority of the population as the poor cunts can't even dream of being obese.

As for the Hun, they have the best health care in the world, were predictably organised and they have a fucking large country. Social distancing's a piece of piss.

Lebensraum they call it.

Where have I heard that before ?
1 x
The cheque's in the post. Honestly.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Mon May 18, 2020 5:59 pm

mkhammer wrote:
Whiskyman wrote:

India ..similar.

Here's a theory. Different criteria for reporting deaths. Do people die because they have the virus, or do they die with it ? There is a difference. And if Germany, to use your example, is only reporting deaths which are caused by the virus itself that could be an answer. Not saying that is the case but it's one theory. Silly example but if someone has the virus and is knocked down and killed by a car I believe the UK method of reporting would shown that as a virus related death. That may not be the case in other countries. The car example is silly but it would equally apply to diseases or conditions, such as cancer.

And tbh it always amuses me when people assume that any information our own government, or media, report is taken as being accurate but similar information from elsewhere is regarded with suspicion.
1 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Mon May 18, 2020 6:01 pm

JayK wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 1:33 pm
Whiskyman wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 1:20 pm

Round my way the last couple of weeks has seen a very significant rise in the number of people on the roads. And at the weekend there were a few little family groups out in one of our local parks, which was nice to see, when I was walking the dog.

I think you're probably right about the overwhelming of the NHS but I think better information early doors would have helped. Mrs W has a friend who is a GP and she said that she was inundated with people who had the symptoms but that only a small percentage of those needed medical advice or treatment. But because people were, initially, led to believe it was a death sentence there was understandable anxiety. Which quite possibly meant some people who genuinely needed treatment didn't receive it.

I also agree with you about a second peak. I think it is inevitable and whilst there is no cure or antidote it is pretty unavoidable. Which is the main reason I think we might just as well bite the bullet, take any sensible precautions we can, and get as many people working again as is possible.
You know my stance on it. People ain’t all smart and considerate. These are the people that will spread it.....again. Soon shops will re-open, my mother in law is getting fed up and wants to go to the shops. It’s all well and good her taking measures but others she will encounter in the shops will basically kill her.
Unfortunately you're right. And equally unfortunately you can't legislate for people's ignorance, stupidity or basic lack of consideration. There have always been cunts and unfortunately there always will be. But it's nothing do do with being smart. I know quite a few people who haven't got Mensa level IQs but they are blessed with a high level of basic common sense. Equally I've also known highly qualified graduates, experts in their particular field, but apparently lacking in basic common sense.
Last edited by Whiskyman on Mon May 18, 2020 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

JayK

Post by JayK » Mon May 18, 2020 6:01 pm

mkhammer wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 4:02 pm
JayK wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 1:19 pm

Did anybody actually get one of those fines? I know in Essex they were always talking about trying to work with the public rather than fine them. Not enough police to Marshall such a project though so was always gonna difficult for them.

Plenty of idiots and arseholes out there mate. I trust very few to do what’s right. Until I can start work again, I’m carrying on as if nothing’s changed since lockdown.
Yeah theres def been a few fines handed out mate....but think more for people holding parties
and raves.... :lol: which I saw somewhere....
At least it ain’t an empty threat everywhere then. Seems to be more street parties down this way. Not on my street though. My stereo would be nicked in minutes
0 x
COYI!!!

JayK

Post by JayK » Mon May 18, 2020 6:05 pm

palerider wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 5:28 pm
mkhammer wrote:

India ..similar.

The main reasons for dying from the disease are being old, being already ill from something else, being fat and being in a crowd.

And some have died from having all four.

The government are spending millions trying to determine why BAME deaths are so high.

Note to Matt Hancock. I'll tell you for a pony. Cultural differences. Many, not all, live in cramped housing. Yes, poverty does play a part I grant you but there are wealthy British Asians with nice houses who have Nanny and the grand-kids in the same property as it's what they do. Looking after family is admirable but in these times, very dangerous.

It's a myth that a heathy BAME male living in EXACTLY the same conditions as a white male is twice as likely to croak.

And don't believe the death rates in Iran and India. At the start of the pandemic, Iran's was rising very quickly then mysteriously stopped. As for India, I think figures for 9/10th's of the country haven't even been asked for.

Although poverty has, by some quirk of fate, helped the majority of the population as the poor cunts can't even dream of being obese.

As for the Hun, they have the best health care in the world, were predictably organised and they have a fucking large country. Social distancing's a piece of piss.

Lebensraum they call it.

Where have I heard that before ?
Seen and heard a few reports stating vitamin D deficiencies are quite a common theme amongst victims. My mates girlfriend (a GP) has been harping in about Vit D for the last 10 years. Since my mate has been taking it, he’s not been ill once in the 5 years of taking it. I think if there’s something else we can do to help ourselves, it’s take this shit every morning after breakfast
0 x
COYI!!!

Social Media