Coronavirus

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
Dwayne Pipes

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Dwayne Pipes » Mon May 18, 2020 8:11 pm

JayK wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 6:05 pm
palerider wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 5:28 pm

The main reasons for dying from the disease are being old, being already ill from something else, being fat and being in a crowd.

And some have died from having all four.

The government are spending millions trying to determine why BAME deaths are so high.

Note to Matt Hancock. I'll tell you for a pony. Cultural differences. Many, not all, live in cramped housing. Yes, poverty does play a part I grant you but there are wealthy British Asians with nice houses who have Nanny and the grand-kids in the same property as it's what they do. Looking after family is admirable but in these times, very dangerous.

It's a myth that a heathy BAME male living in EXACTLY the same conditions as a white male is twice as likely to croak.

And don't believe the death rates in Iran and India. At the start of the pandemic, Iran's was rising very quickly then mysteriously stopped. As for India, I think figures for 9/10th's of the country haven't even been asked for.

Although poverty has, by some quirk of fate, helped the majority of the population as the poor cunts can't even dream of being obese.

As for the Hun, they have the best health care in the world, were predictably organised and they have a fucking large country. Social distancing's a piece of piss.

Lebensraum they call it.

Where have I heard that before ?
Seen and heard a few reports stating vitamin D deficiencies are quite a common theme amongst victims. My mates girlfriend (a GP) has been harping in about Vit D for the last 10 years. Since my mate has been taking it, he’s not been ill once in the 5 years of taking it. I think if there’s something else we can do to help ourselves, it’s take this shit every morning after breakfast
Failing that sit in the sunlight.
0 x

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket » Mon May 18, 2020 8:13 pm

JayK wrote:
palerider wrote:

The main reasons for dying from the disease are being old, being already ill from something else, being fat and being in a crowd.

The government are spending millions trying to determine why BAME deaths are so high.

Note to Matt Hancock. I'll tell you for a pony. Cultural differences. Many, not all, live in cramped housing. Yes, poverty does play a part I grant you but there are wealthy British Asians with nice houses who have Nanny and the grand-kids in the same property as it's what they do. Looking after family is admirable but in these times, very dangerous.

It's a myth that a heathy BAME male living in EXACTLY the same conditions as a white male is twice as likely to croak.

And don't believe the death rates in Iran and India. At the start of the pandemic, Iran's was rising very quickly then mysteriously stopped. As for India, I think figures for 9/10th's of the country haven't even been asked for.

Although poverty has, by some quirk of fate, helped the majority of the population as the poor cunts can't even dream of being obese.

As for the Hun, they have the best health care in the world, were predictably organised and they have a fucking large country. Social distancing's a piece of piss.

Lebensraum they call it.

Seen and heard a few reports stating vitamin D deficiencies are quite a common theme amongst victims. My mates girlfriend (a GP) has been harping in about Vit D for the last 10 years. Since my mate has been taking it, he’s not been ill once in the 5 years of taking it. I think if there’s something else we can do to help ourselves, it’s take this shit every morning after breakfast
Breakfast ? What’s that ?
0 x
Bring back Jonathon !

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Tue May 19, 2020 12:12 am

JayK wrote:
palerider wrote:

Lebensraum they call it.

You may laugh at this but, as my forum name suggests, I enjoy a glass of Scotland's finest pretty much every evening whilst reading or watching the box. I'm retired now but when I was working I doubt if I had more than 20 sick days in the whole of my career. Lucky ? Undoubtedly. But apart from the odd winter cold and a fairly bad attack of flu which I got the last time I hard a fucking anti flu injection back in the 80s (heven't had one of the cunts since) I never seem to get ill.

Like I say I consider myself to be very lucky but I've convinced myself that the old saying of a little of what you fancy does you good certainly applies to my relaxation habit. And remember the advice about handwash with alcoholic content being the best available. ;)
0 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

JayK

Post by JayK » Tue May 19, 2020 1:50 am

Dwayne Pipes wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 8:11 pm
JayK wrote:

Failing that sit in the sunlight.
Yep. Don’t get nearly enough over here but been good most of the time lately. Dunno if that’s enough though
0 x
COYI!!!

JayK

Post by JayK » Tue May 19, 2020 1:50 am

Newmarket wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 8:13 pm
JayK wrote:

Breakfast ? What’s that ?
That’s the time of the most important meal of the day my friend :)
0 x
COYI!!!

JayK

Post by JayK » Tue May 19, 2020 1:52 am

Whiskyman wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 12:12 am
JayK wrote:

You may laugh at this but, as my forum name suggests, I enjoy a glass of Scotland's finest pretty much every evening whilst reading or watching the box. I'm retired now but when I was working I doubt if I had more than 20 sick days in the whole of my career. Lucky ? Undoubtedly. But apart from the odd winter cold and a fairly bad attack of flu which I got the last time I hard a fucking anti flu injection back in the 80s (heven't had one of the cunts since) I never seem to get ill.

Like I say I consider myself to be very lucky but I've convinced myself that the old saying of a little of what you fancy does you good certainly applies to my relaxation habit. And remember the advice about handwash with alcoholic content being the best available. ;)
Yeah but ya not supposed to drink the hand wash when you’re all out of Scotland’s finest :lol:
0 x
COYI!!!

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Tue May 19, 2020 8:45 am

JayK wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 1:52 am
Whiskyman wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 12:12 am

Yeah but ya not supposed to drink the hand wash when you’re all out of Scotland’s finest :lol:
The secret is doing your inventory. Thus making sure supplies are ALWAYS to hand. ;)

But if the worst should happen. If it's good enough for Donald Trump---------
0 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer » Tue May 19, 2020 10:16 am

Whiskyman wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 5:59 pm
mkhammer wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 3:58 pm

Take Germany...surrounded by countries that have a death rate of approx 550 per Million of population
theirs is 96...despite publishing all the way thru the highest amount of "Critical cases"
Outside looking in...do they have a different variant of virus or an antidote.....
I understand why Germanys could be lower for numerous reason...but thats extreme.
And would like to know why.I'm being serious, not calling them out....is there different variants of it.
Maybe one not so potent....might evolve differently in different areas....we need to know this shit.

Russia highest infections in world now outside states...death rate of 1%, worldwide it's 15%...
(was 21% at one point but is slowly dropping,bout 2% per week would imagine.)
and 19 deaths per million.Ours is 511..

Brasil putting up just over 1% death rates..
India ..similar.
Irans death rate is crazily low......Chinas is 3 per million....Spains is 600...
Plenty of reasons for different figures...but like said..it's the extremes,i don't get.

Difference between protecting the public with figures which imo is needed...and out and out
lying to protect yourself politically..
Here's a theory. Different criteria for reporting deaths. Do people die because they have the virus, or do they die with it ? There is a difference. And if Germany, to use your example, is only reporting deaths which are caused by the virus itself that could be an answer. Not saying that is the case but it's one theory. Silly example but if someone has the virus and is knocked down and killed by a car I believe the UK method of reporting would shown that as a virus related death. That may not be the case in other countries. The car example is silly but it would equally apply to diseases or conditions, such as cancer.

And tbh it always amuses me when people assume that any information our own government, or media, report is taken as being accurate but similar information from elsewhere is regarded with suspicion.
Absolutely right mate...thing is you can twist any stat to suit your agenda...whatever that may be,
but the potential to twist and turn them on this shit of a thing...is another level....

I put some stats together that makes you go ...why the fuck are we worried about this,going into
lockdown panic mode is a joke....but can also put some together...that we've all got 5 years left..
Take yer pick...use them to suit you.

Thing is our Press/Media do exactly what you refer to,but the opposite imo....everyone else is
truthful and honest and forthright,handling it well...and
Our Government is a lying bunch of shysters...who don't give a fuck about PPEs/Care Homes...etc..
But People don't listen to the spiel and agendas they put out and have anymore....
It's been proven a lot lately...pleased with that.

Is why we need total honesty with this,soon as I here political gain on TV ...I'm hitting the remote..
Cos as we come out of this it'll be ramped up.....12 months time fully expect a silly No Confidence
in the Government to be spoken of...Political Gain..........nothing else.
2 x

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer » Tue May 19, 2020 10:35 am

JayK wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 6:01 pm
mkhammer wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 4:02 pm

Yeah theres def been a few fines handed out mate....but think more for people holding parties
and raves.... :lol: which I saw somewhere....
At least it ain’t an empty threat everywhere then. Seems to be more street parties down this way. Not on my street though. My stereo would be nicked in minutes
Dont get any of that in MK Jay....it's all "Peace an love Man".....

Unless you live on any of the Estates..or Bletchley or Newport Pagnell,or Stony Stratford,or
City Centre,or any outlying villages within a ten mile radius...apart from those you can leave
your front door open all day...... :lol:
1 x

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Tue May 19, 2020 10:45 am

mkhammer wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 10:35 am
JayK wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 6:01 pm

At least it ain’t an empty threat everywhere then. Seems to be more street parties down this way. Not on my street though. My stereo would be nicked in minutes
Dont get any of that in MK Jay....it's all "Peace an love Man".....

Unless you live on any of the Estates..or Bletchley or Newport Pagnell,or Stony Stratford,or
City Centre,or any outlying villages within a ten mile radius...apart from those you can leave
your front door open all day...... :lol:
From what I've heard of Milton Keynes if you leave your front door open some cunt would nick it.
0 x

Social Media