Happy 100th

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
User avatar
palerider
Posts: 9655
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:35 am
Location: Huish Episcopi
x 598
x 1424

Happy 100th

Post by palerider » Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:41 am

Captain Tom Moore.

The Queen has promoted him to colonel.


Should have been Major so everyone could sing David Bowie songs.
5 x
The cheque's in the post. Honestly.

User avatar
wokinghama
Posts: 702
Joined: Sun May 29, 2016 2:38 pm
x 185
x 74

Re: Happy 100th

Post by wokinghama » Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:35 am

Congrats to a proper legend !
0 x
Chim Chimeney

User avatar
mkhammer
Posts: 5542
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 11:12 am
x 489
x 678

Re: Happy 100th

Post by mkhammer » Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:32 am

Just watched some celebrations on the BBC News Channel....had a Fly Past of a Spitfire and
a Hurricane....don't live to far away,I'm right on the Beds/Bucks Border,was hoping to catch sight,
but didn't see it...Shame..
He was really chuffed,big Cricket fan...Was made an Honorary Member of the England Cricket team,
Micheal Vaughn awarded him his Cap and Jacket...125,000 Birthday Cars as well...great day for him.

Great Bloke...people like him are the reason I love this country so much....

Lets Hope it's Sir Capt (Colonel) Tom one day..... :D
0 x

User avatar
Noni
Posts: 2946
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:20 pm
x 764
x 167

Re: Happy 100th

Post by Noni » Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:33 pm

mkhammer wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:32 am
Just watched some celebrations on the BBC News Channel....had a Fly Past of a Spitfire and
a Hurricane....don't live to far away,I'm right on the Beds/Bucks Border,was hoping to catch sight,
but didn't see it...Shame..
He was really chuffed,big Cricket fan...Was made an Honorary Member of the England Cricket team,
Micheal Vaughn awarded him his Cap and Jacket...125,000 Birthday Cars as well...great day for him.

Great Bloke...people like him are the reason I love this country so much....

Lets Hope it's Sir Capt (Colonel) Tom one day..... :D
I agree, such a lovely fella and a good inspiration to Britain and to the NHS, now fetched £29,921 :) million so far. :D
0 x

User avatar
Newmarket
Posts: 12295
Joined: Tue May 17, 2016 10:03 pm
x 1290
x 1178

Re: Happy 100th

Post by Newmarket » Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:07 pm

palerider wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:41 am
Captain Tom Moore.

The Queen has promoted him to colonel.


Should have been Major so everyone could sing David Bowie songs.
He ain’t got no money and he ain't got no hair
But he’s hoping to kick but the planet it's glowing.
3 x
Bring back Jonathon !

User avatar
Noni
Posts: 2946
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:20 pm
x 764
x 167

Re: Happy 100th

Post by Noni » Fri May 01, 2020 2:40 pm

He has almost raised £33million after yesterday's £29 million.
0 x

User avatar
Whiskyman
Posts: 10049
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:05 pm
x 269
x 1354

Re: Happy 100th

Post by Whiskyman » Sat May 02, 2020 12:13 am

mkhammer wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:32 am
125,000 Birthday Cars as well
That must be some car parking area. ;) ;) ;)
2 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

User avatar
mkhammer
Posts: 5542
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 11:12 am
x 489
x 678

Re: Happy 100th

Post by mkhammer » Sat May 02, 2020 9:16 am

Whiskyman wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 12:13 am
mkhammer wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:32 am
125,000 Birthday Cars as well
That must be some car parking area. ;) ;) ;)
:lol: ....

Seriously tho having to hit the D on my keyboard of laptop a bit harder....keeps doing that..

....ozy ickhead I am......
2 x

User avatar
Whiskyman
Posts: 10049
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:05 pm
x 269
x 1354

Re: Happy 100th

Post by Whiskyman » Sat May 02, 2020 9:31 am

mkhammer wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 9:16 am
Whiskyman wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 12:13 am


That must be some car parking area. ;) ;) ;)
:lol: ....

Seriously tho having to hit the D on my keyboard of laptop a bit harder....keeps doing that..

....ozy ickhead I am......
I have the same problem with the third letter of the alphabet. You soppy unt. ;)
2 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

User avatar
Newmarket
Posts: 12295
Joined: Tue May 17, 2016 10:03 pm
x 1290
x 1178

Re: Happy 100th

Post by Newmarket » Sat May 02, 2020 3:35 pm

mkhammer wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 9:16 am
Whiskyman wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 12:13 am


That must be some car parking area. ;) ;) ;)
:lol: ....

Seriously tho having to hit the D on my keyboard of laptop a bit harder....keeps doing that..

....ozy ickhead I am......
I can arrange all your contributions to be proof read if you like ? :twisted:
0 x
Bring back Jonathon !

Post Reply

Social Media