The saga of the voucher.

News, Banter and anything else non football!!

Neville Bartos

The saga of the voucher.

Post by Neville Bartos » Thu May 07, 2020 10:17 pm

About 2 or 3 years ago my card details were half inched off of Ticketmaster. Since then I've been bit weary using my card online. So it was a bit of a bonus when my brother told me you could get vouchers for stuff like Amazon and Microsoft at Paypoint machines. The garage down the road has one, so I've been using that for a couple of years now. And feeling that much safer for it.

Anyway about a month ago I bought £50 worth of vouchers for the Microsoft store. When I got home and tried to redeem the voucher I got 'code not found' message. Usually you've typed a B instead of an 8 or something, but half a dozen tries later, no joy.
So off I head down the rabbit hole.

First up I check out the MS website and click customer services. I find a form for my exact issue: 'code not found? Apply for a replacement code'. Perfect, I thought. So, I took a picture of the voucher, as requested, and sent off my email.

Two weeks later... I get a email back telling me in no uncertain terms this was the vendors problem, so it's up to them to fix it.
So, off I go down the Esso and politely ask the manager to fix my issue.
He phones Paypoint, who tell him Microsoft have been credited with the money, so it's their problem.

Slightly annoyed now, I fire off a reply to Microsoft explaining they've got the money, so can I kindly have my credit?

3 days later... Microsoft respond telling me that they are unable to process my code replacement and, worryingly, my voucher is not eligible for replacement under their T&Cs. Oh, and that's case closed.

Not to be deterred I email Paypoint CS explaining my issue. I lay out the whole sorry tale of indifference and piss poor customer care. Hoping they might take a more proactive approach.

2 days later... I get an email back that begins with an apology. Good start. Then there's a link. Unfortunately it's to the 'code not found?' form I'd filled in 3 weeks previously.

Still undettered I email back pointing out I've already had no joy down that particular alley, and asking if they might contact Microsoft on my behalf. Worth a try I thought.

4 days later... Another email offering sympathy for my predicament. Paypoint CS inform me that the voucher I bought out of their machine is provided by a company called Incomm, and as such they'd be much better placed to help me. Better still there's a phone number, not just another customer service email!

As I always do, I just check it's not a premium number before calling it... would you know it bastard well was. 0844. Cheeky cunts, charging premium rates for customer services. Bollocks to that, so I went on their website, found an email, and sent off my tale of woe.

It's been almost 5 weeks since my money was handed over for goods and services as yet unreceived. I'm onto my third company in pursuit of said goods and services. I have proof of purchase, and for the life of me I'm struggling to understand how it's gone this far. Anyway that's the saga of the voucher so far... I can't wait to see what Incomm have to say.
1 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

BlackDiamond

Re: The saga of the voucher.

Post by BlackDiamond » Fri May 08, 2020 12:03 am

Good luck. Your problem is the tangle of third party responsibility.

I have had recourse to complain to two companies and I sent mail to the CO. Michael Dell (Dell Computers) and Richard Branson (Virgin)

Obviously those mail were read by their subordinates but my issue was promptly actioned and resolved. The old adage go to the top is a good point of initial reference (obviously you go through sensible customer service channels first)
0 x

eastcoastclaret
Location: Chris Eubank has written a book about ethics. If it sells well, he'll write one about Kent too

Post by eastcoastclaret » Fri May 08, 2020 9:53 am

So you haven’t been bored during lockdown Nev!

The old not my department ploy...hours of fun to be had.
:evil:
Keep us updated sir
0 x
gonna need a bigger boat...my thumbs have gone weird...weleese bwian...I didn't eat the salmon mousse...nice beaver...like a glove...I have nipples Greg...the details of my life...he's not the messiah....

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos » Sat May 09, 2020 8:17 am

eastcoastclaret wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 9:53 am

Keep us updated sir
I'm going out of my nut, mate. This is what I'm doing instead of playing snooker a couple of times a week.
Well, this and taking the dog for 2 hour walk every day. He's fucking knackered, poor little sod.
0 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos » Thu May 28, 2020 1:48 am

Oh, a bit of excitement in the old email inbox today.
After another 3 weeks and 2 emails the fabulous customer care department at Incomm have emailed asking for an image of my voucher (standard practice it seems).
The great thing about the digital age is it speeds everything up. Imagine making this kind of progress in just under 8 weeks dealing with real people in the old analogue world.
0 x

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes » Thu May 28, 2020 9:54 am

Neville Bartos wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 8:17 am
eastcoastclaret wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 9:53 am

Keep us updated sir
I'm going out of my nut, mate. This is what I'm doing instead of playing snooker a couple of times a week.
Well, this and taking the dog for 2 hour walk every day. He's fucking knackered, poor little sod.
You can always try pocket billiards.
0 x

Social Media