Music

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
User avatar
ToneLoc
Posts: 3214
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:21 pm

Re: Music

Postby ToneLoc » Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:30 am

Love this old live clip of Dire Straights on The Old Grey Whistle Test.
It's great sound quality for an old clip.....
0 x

User avatar
ToneLoc
Posts: 3214
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:21 pm

Re: Music

Postby ToneLoc » Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:35 am

Love this acoustic version of Times Like These.....

0 x

User avatar
ToneLoc
Posts: 3214
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:21 pm

Re: Music

Postby ToneLoc » Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:56 am

Saw this kid at Buddy Guys Legends in Chicago last year. Fucking stunning. He's been doing this since he was 13. He's 17 in this clip. Watching him live in a small venue is mind blowing. He does mainly real blues but throws a lot of guitar at it (so would I if I could do that :) )
Just makes an utter mockery of the shit that Simon Cowell churns out......

0 x

User avatar
mkhammer
Posts: 1121
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 11:12 am

Re: Music

Postby mkhammer » Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:53 am

ToneLoc wrote:Love this old live clip of Dire Straights on The Old Grey Whistle Test.
It's great sound quality for an old clip.....


Some good stuff there tone enjoyed it,bass player with Jamiah looks about 7..

Knopfler is truly incredible...
0 x

User avatar
ToneLoc
Posts: 3214
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:21 pm

Re: Music

Postby ToneLoc » Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:03 am

mkhammer wrote:
ToneLoc wrote:Love this old live clip of Dire Straights on The Old Grey Whistle Test.
It's great sound quality for an old clip.....


Some good stuff there tone enjoyed it,bass player with Jamiah looks about 7..

Knopfler is truly incredible...

Yeah mate when they (Jamiah and the Red Machine) started out, he was 13 and the other two were both 12.
Incredible stuff. There's clips of him playing perfect blues, real old school stuff and all the Jimi Hendrix numbers when he was 13.

Nice lad as well, quite shy once off the stage. I had a beer with him after his show and said he should come and do some shows in London. He said he'd work on it.

Edit: Agree re: Knopfler. A real guitar legend right up there with the very best of all time imo.
1 x

User avatar
JayK
Posts: 3881
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:12 am
Location: Essex

Re: Music

Postby JayK » Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:46 pm

ToneLoc wrote:Saw this kid at Buddy Guys Legends in Chicago last year. Fucking stunning. He's been doing this since he was 13. He's 17 in this clip. Watching him live in a small venue is mind blowing. He does mainly real blues but throws a lot of guitar at it (so would I if I could do that :) )
Just makes an utter mockery of the shit that Simon Cowell churns out......



Love a bit of Hendrix. The kid done goooood
1 x
COYI!!!

User avatar
Noni
Posts: 1026
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:20 pm

Re: Music

Postby Noni » Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:09 pm

Newmarket wrote:https://youtu.be/HgkxldbIeCU








I love this album!...
1 x

User avatar
mkhammer
Posts: 1121
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 11:12 am

Re: Music

Postby mkhammer » Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:08 am

ToneLoc wrote:
mkhammer wrote:
ToneLoc wrote:Love this old live clip of Dire Straights on The Old Grey Whistle Test.
It's great sound quality for an old clip.....


Some good stuff there tone enjoyed it,bass player with Jamiah looks about 7..

Knopfler is truly incredible...

Yeah mate when they (Jamiah and the Red Machine) started out, he was 13 and the other two were both 12.
Incredible stuff. There's clips of him playing perfect blues, real old school stuff and all the Jimi Hendrix numbers when he was 13.

Nice lad as well, quite shy once off the stage. I had a beer with him after his show and said he should come and do some shows in London. He said he'd work on it.

Edit: Agree re: Knopfler. A real guitar legend right up there with the very best of all time imo.



Amazing how some people seem to be born with a gift to be able to play like that,
there's some stuff on u-tube of Joe Bonnamassa,playing incredible stuff when he was a kid..
1 x

User avatar
Noni
Posts: 1026
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:20 pm

Re: Music

Postby Noni » Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:30 pm

0 x

User avatar
Oziron
Director of Avatars
Posts: 1111
Joined: Wed May 18, 2016 9:37 pm

Re: Music

Postby Oziron » Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:18 am

I worked with these fellas earlier in year....They're from Arnhem Land Northern territory....Really good blokes...

0 x


Return to “Topical Topics”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests