Music

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
jameskel

Re: Music

Post by jameskel » Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:52 am

Megadeath - "I fucked your mother in a barrel of dynamite"
0 x
Taans can fuck right off

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:47 am

ToneLoc wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:47 am
Pretty damn fine live performance this......
BTW.....no I'm not counting what a nobhead Bono is..... it's just about the music...

Oh Yes mate.......it's hard to pick an all time Favourite Album....Bloody hard...
But Difficult to say it's not "The Joshua tree" for me...

Funny you mention U2 Played this last.....repeated it bout 4 times :lol: ..not heard it for a while.
it's just brilliant...
0 x

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes » Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:35 pm

jameskel wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:52 am
Preferred the Cliff Richard original.
0 x

Noni

Post by Noni » Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:13 pm

Dwayne Pipes wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:35 pm
jameskel wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:52 am
Preferred the Cliff Richard original.
Think I have that copy! :D
0 x

kingclyde

Post by kingclyde » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:34 am

I don't wish to be rude, and I am open to most kinds of music, but there are a tiny few sacred cows that drive me mental.

Queen are utterly pretentious, forgettable, lightweight shite. In 1976, when Anarchy in the UK was released, Queen released “You’re My Best Friend”. In 1977, when The Clash released their first album, along with the likes of Elvis Costello, Buzzcocks, The Jam and The Sex Pistols, Queen gave us the idiotic, singalong dumbfest that is “We Are The Champions”. Says it all.

U2: A pub band who got lucky. A lead singer with an ego to make Paul McCartney look humble who, despite being nearly 60 and surrounded by unimaginable wealth such that he can have his hat flown first class to a gig when he left it behind at one of his homes, believes he speaks for “the kids” and “the poor”. They truly believe they are world changers, when in fact they are an instantly forgettable bunch of twits whose lumpen attempts at music belong in the Dog and Duck back room on a Friday night, playing for no fee but all the lager they can drink.

So there :D
0 x

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:18 pm

kingclyde wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:34 am
I don't wish to be rude, and I am open to most kinds of music, but there are a tiny few sacred cows that drive me mental.

Queen are utterly pretentious, forgettable, lightweight shite. In 1976, when Anarchy in the UK was released, Queen released “You’re My Best Friend”. In 1977, when The Clash released their first album, along with the likes of Elvis Costello, Buzzcocks, The Jam and The Sex Pistols, Queen gave us the idiotic, singalong dumbfest that is “We Are The Champions”. Says it all.

U2: A pub band who got lucky. A lead singer with an ego to make Paul McCartney look humble who, despite being nearly 60 and surrounded by unimaginable wealth such that he can have his hat flown first class to a gig when he left it behind at one of his homes, believes he speaks for “the kids” and “the poor”. They truly believe they are world changers, when in fact they are an instantly forgettable bunch of twits whose lumpen attempts at music belong in the Dog and Duck back room on a Friday night, playing for no fee but all the lager they can drink.

I make you right about Queen . I liked em up until Bohemian Rhapsody , that destroyed em as anything to be taken seriously .
When I saw them supporting Mott the Hoople they were a proper band .

At the time I thought U2’s Boy was a superb debut album . All downhill from there .
Are they still going ffs ?
0 x
I hate Thrush he’s an irritating Cunt .

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:18 am

Newmarket wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:18 pm
kingclyde wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:34 am

I make you right about Queen . I liked em up until Bohemian Rhapsody , that destroyed em as anything to be taken seriously .

At the time I thought U2’s Boy was a superb debut album . All downhill from there .

Love all music, my taste bounces around all over the place,can listen and enjoy most...
happy to listen to Soul,Reggae,Rock,blues,country....love it all...Rock/Blues rock prob
at top....

But as for U2 being Shit....are you kidding me...seriously...pub band...
Music's all about what you like and don't like granted, but U2 Shit......I'll put that in with Mr Numbers
Anderson is shit, bin...and leave it at that..... :lol:
0 x

kingclyde

Post by kingclyde » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:30 pm

mkhammer wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:18 am
Newmarket wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:18 pm

Love all music, my taste bounces around all over the place,can listen and enjoy most...
happy to listen to Soul,Reggae,Rock,blues,country....love it all...Rock/Blues rock prob
at top....

Music's all about what you like and don't like granted, but U2 Shit......I'll put that in with Mr Numbers
Afternoon.

Yep. Shit. Complete shit. Big old bag of shit. Big old smelly bag of shitty shit. Wrapped in a wrapper of shit. With a shit dressing.

They were lucky - right place, right time with nothing at all new to say. Terribly forgettable. I've been "treated" to their music since the War album (great cover by the way), and to be honest, the only tunes I can actually recall in their entire repertoire are The Streets Have No Name (good intro) and Angel of Harlem (which I do actually like). Other than that, it's all pretty mundane. In my opinion.

The main driver for their fame is not really their music though, which is just play-by-numbers rock, but their sanctimoniousness and hectoring pretentiousness.

They constantly shout slogans and march about on stage calling on "people" to do more - more for charity, more for peace, more for the poor and the vulnerable. Then get back into their private helicopters to be whisked back to one of their many homes.

They criticise the US and Britain - paint them as demons - while greedily taking the money these huge, free markets deliver.

They whine about governments not contributing to poorer nations, and yet they move their business from Ireland to Holland to avoid the tax they would have to pay were they to stay in their native land.

They spout on about nations donating to charitable causes, yet they cosy up to Apple (one of the world's great tax avoiders) and take millions for making their adverts.

They decry politics and politicians and the whole power game, yet have dinner and photo calls with George Bush, Blair - anyone willing to stand next to Saint Bono in the range of a camera.

They profess to despise class and privilege, yet they accept honorary Knighthoods from the queen.

They are a vacuous, hollow, self-serving bunch of sloganeering, pretentious knobs pretending, and failing, to be a rock and roll band.

But other than that, they are completely fine. :D

Oh, and as far as Anderson goes, good footballer, but I bet the bloke can't play guitar for toffee. :D
0 x

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:34 pm

kingclyde wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:30 pm
mkhammer wrote:

at top....

Afternoon.

Yep. Shit. Complete shit. Big old bag of shit. Big old smelly bag of shitty shit. Wrapped in a wrapper of shit. With a shit dressing.

They were lucky - right place, right time with nothing at all new to say. Terribly forgettable. I've been "treated" to their music since the War album (great cover by the way), and to be honest, the only tunes I can actually recall in their entire repertoire are The Streets Have No Name (good intro) and Angel of Harlem (which I do actually like). Other than that, it's all pretty mundane. In my opinion.

The main driver for their fame is not really their music though, which is just play-by-numbers rock, but their sanctimoniousness and hectoring pretentiousness.

They constantly shout slogans and march about on stage calling on "people" to do more - more for charity, more for peace, more for the poor and the vulnerable. Then get back into their private helicopters to be whisked back to one of their many homes.

They criticise the US and Britain - paint them as demons - while greedily taking the money these huge, free markets deliver.

They whine about governments not contributing to poorer nations, and yet they move their business from Ireland to Holland to avoid the tax they would have to pay were they to stay in their native land.

They spout on about nations donating to charitable causes, yet they cosy up to Apple (one of the world's great tax avoiders) and take millions for making their adverts.

They decry politics and politicians and the whole power game, yet have dinner and photo calls with George Bush, Blair - anyone willing to stand next to Saint Bono in the range of a camera.

They profess to despise class and privilege, yet they accept honorary Knighthoods from the queen.

They are a vacuous, hollow, self-serving bunch of sloganeering, pretentious knobs pretending, and failing, to be a rock and roll band.

Oh, and as far as Anderson goes, good footballer, but I bet the bloke can't play guitar for toffee. :D

Hi Clyde...Welcome by the way....

Right U2.... :lol:

Nearly 200 million in Record sales puts them well in top 20 best selling artists of all time,
that includes all the Country stuff (Garth Brooks.etc) who sell phenomenal amounts,
Joshua Tree Sold in excess of 25 mill..
Had 8 No1 Albums...including In the 80s 90s 00s 10s
Prob the Biggest Band in the World for 10 years or so 87-97...even now would piss a week at
the O2...prob 2...not many bands/artists would get anywhere near that.
One of the most recognisable/innovative bands around...always trying something new,different,
always put on an amazing stage show....The 360 tour (2009) is the highest grossing tour of all
time... 110 stadium gigs completely sold out within minutes of dates being released.
Not bad for a Shit Pub Band....

You might not like em Clyde..but a awful lot do .....
1 x

Pennywise

Post by Pennywise » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:26 pm

kingclyde wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:30 pm
mkhammer wrote:

at top....

Afternoon.

I agree with some of that, post Achtung Baby, but to say they had nothing original to say before that is Bollocks, have you listened to War?

Joshua Tree has been widely acclaimed as one of the best albums ever released and, whilst I don't agree, it's fucking ridiculous to suggest that the only good thing to come from it, according to you, was an intro.

Play by number rock = Beatles and every other band who wasn't doing Prog. Again, a ridiculous criticism.

The rest has nothing to do with their music, but wouldn't disagree; I can't fucking stand what they've become, but to use that bias to taint their early efforts is just bollocks.

Anyway, just can't stop having this on rotate right now :D :

1 x

Social Media