Music

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
User avatar
terrya1965
Posts: 4109
Joined: Sun May 29, 2016 8:48 pm
x 471
x 313

Re: Music

Post by terrya1965 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:01 am

mkhammer wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:21 am
Neville Bartos wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:47 pm

Always thought Andrew Gold was a bit overlooked. Most people say 'who?' If I mention him, to which the answer is always 'he sings the theme song to Cheers'. If they say 'what's Cheers?' I usually sigh and walk off. :D
I meant Golden Girls not Cheers. I think I might have caught dementia off the old people my parents hang around with... I wish I was 25 again...
To be filed under....Guilty Pleasure that one mate... :lol: but know what you mean, great song..
One of my Guiltys is this....but think I just get away with this one..

Two classics recorded by Rafferty in the 1970's.


1 x

User avatar
Neville Bartos
Posts: 4089
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:29 am
Location: Flyyyyyyyyyin'
x 452
x 566

Re: Music

Post by Neville Bartos » Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:24 pm

mkhammer wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:21 am
Neville Bartos wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:47 pm

Always thought Andrew Gold was a bit overlooked. Most people say 'who?' If I mention him, to which the answer is always 'he sings the theme song to Cheers'. If they say 'what's Cheers?' I usually sigh and walk off. :D
I meant Golden Girls not Cheers. I think I might have caught dementia off the old people my parents hang around with... I wish I was 25 again...
To be filed under....Guilty Pleasure that one mate... :lol: but know what you mean, great song..
One of my Guiltys is this....but think I just get away with this one..

No such thing as a guilty pleasure these days, mate. I'm quite happy to drive down the High Street with Barry Manilow's Copacabana playing at full volume.
That and Mandy -- one of the finest ballads ever written in my humble opinion -- are bona fide classics in my book. :D


0 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

User avatar
mkhammer
Posts: 4408
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 11:12 am
x 239
x 278

Re: Music

Post by mkhammer » Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:16 am

Neville Bartos wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:24 pm
mkhammer wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:21 am


To be filed under....Guilty Pleasure that one mate... :lol: but know what you mean, great song..
One of my Guiltys is this....but think I just get away with this one..

No such thing as a guilty pleasure these days, mate. I'm quite happy to drive down the High Street with Barry Manilow's Copacabana playing at full volume.
That and Mandy -- one of the finest ballads ever written in my humble opinion -- are bona fide classics in my book. :D


Bloody hell Nev had you down as a hard nose Bolshevik....Barry Manilow indeed... :lol:
But I'll see your Mandy and raise you an Annie,John Denver another guilty one for me...

Ballads and Love Songs....Greatest one for me Springsteens..Drive all night, from the River Album,
Power of that ,blows me away...just brilliant...

1 x

User avatar
Newmarket
Posts: 10894
Joined: Tue May 17, 2016 10:03 pm
x 664
x 438

Re: Music

Post by Newmarket » Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:50 pm

mkhammer wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:16 am
Neville Bartos wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:24 pm


No such thing as a guilty pleasure these days, mate. I'm quite happy to drive down the High Street with Barry Manilow's Copacabana playing at full volume.
That and Mandy -- one of the finest ballads ever written in my humble opinion -- are bona fide classics in my book. :D


Bloody hell Nev had you down as a hard nose Bolshevik....Barry Manilow indeed... :lol:
But I'll see your Mandy and raise you an Annie,John Denver another guilty one for me...

Ballads and Love Songs....Greatest one for me Springsteens..Drive all night, from the River Album,
Power of that ,blows me away...just brilliant...

Here’s a song you two Cunts should be into ...

1 x
I hate Thrush he’s an irritating Cunt .

User avatar
mkhammer
Posts: 4408
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 11:12 am
x 239
x 278

Re: Music

Post by mkhammer » Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:54 am

Newmarket wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:50 pm
mkhammer wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:16 am


Bloody hell Nev had you down as a hard nose Bolshevik....Barry Manilow indeed... :lol:
But I'll see your Mandy and raise you an Annie,John Denver another guilty one for me...

Ballads and Love Songs....Greatest one for me Springsteens..Drive all night, from the River Album,
Power of that ,blows me away...just brilliant...

Here’s a song you two Cunts should be into ...

:lol: ...Just keeping in touch with the feminine side Mr N....
0 x

User avatar
Neville Bartos
Posts: 4089
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:29 am
Location: Flyyyyyyyyyin'
x 452
x 566

Re: Music

Post by Neville Bartos » Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:37 pm

Barry Manilow isn't gay. Well, he is, but listening to him isn't. :D

Anyway, some Alan Parsons Project is perfect for a Saturday evening relaxing with the dog.

0 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

User avatar
mkhammer
Posts: 4408
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 11:12 am
x 239
x 278

Re: Music

Post by mkhammer » Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:06 pm

BB King 94 today...Still playing.... :D



0 x

User avatar
mkhammer
Posts: 4408
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 11:12 am
x 239
x 278

Re: Music

Post by mkhammer » Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:05 pm

New Band,well just a year or so...like em a lot...Heavy Country Blues rock,sound American
but from Devon....Kris, lead bloke done time in the Cages...MMA...think you can tell... :lol:
Good band..

0 x

User avatar
Clayton
Posts: 4260
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:29 pm
x 296
x 294

Re: Music

Post by Clayton » Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:29 pm

mkhammer wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:05 pm
New Band,well just a year or so...like em a lot...Heavy Country Blues rock,sound American
but from Devon....Kris, lead bloke done time in the Cages...MMA...think you can tell... :lol:
Good band..

Like em !
0 x

Post Reply

Social Media