Heavyweight Boxing

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
L.I.AM

Re: Heavyweight Boxing

Postby L.I.AM » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:13 pm

Poor fight. Sums up the division for me that this was a title fight.
0 x

Neville Bartos

Postby Neville Bartos » Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:52 pm

Mick Hennessy is saying his man was robbed and that he boxed like Ali.
For my money the decision was about right. Maybe the expectation was that if Fury kept it close he'd get the decision as he was the home fighter. The two 118-110 were harsh, but Parker was making the running and trying to force the action the whole fight and, unless you're name is Gennady, judges tend to favour that, especially in close fights.
0 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

Flairon

Postby Flairon » Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:59 am

deanox wrote:
Flairon wrote:
deanox wrote:I concur good post Taans,
In my younger days I boxed for about ten years, had a good knock out punch. I loved boxing and tbh even though I fought at heavyweight always loved the middleweights, in particular Marvin Hagler, my all-time favorite.

unfortunately due to the many weights and titles I can't get too excited about the sport these days.

perhaps if they unified belts and reduced the weight divisions as you mentioned I could get excited again but until then.

On a side note the last fight I went to was Mark Kayler V Tony Sibson. The fighting outside the ring by the hammer fans and Leicester fans was as good as the fight in the ring ;)

I have 3 observations:

1. Hagler was my favourite also.

2. Kayler -v- Sibson was a decent tear up.

3. You boxed, well that explains the punch drunk speech you daft old bugger..... kickimmuts

Oi you cheeky fucker less off the daft :i am genuinely amused:

here's a picture of me when I used to box in black and white and yes I'm the one still standing ;)

i am genuinely amused, I could not resist mate.Do you have any more pics of you in your prime. I would love to see them.
0 x
Flairon

Neville Bartos

Postby Neville Bartos » Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:35 am

Good to see Joshua getting some rounds under his belt. Plenty of people saying the ref stopped it too soon, but Takam was starting to get a bit of a hiding, so I thought it was fair enough.
A few complaints about Whytes performance too, which is a bit harsh considering Helenius seemed to be in spoiling and survival mode the whole fight.
I saw a couple of people saying 'Wilder would destroy Whyte', but there's fuck all evidence for that on Wilder's record. For my money Whyte is a lot more solid than anyone Wilder has faced -- you could make an argument for Stiverne, but then again he makes James Smith look fleet footed.

On a sidenote it was hugely gratifying to see the Cuban drug cheat Luis Ortiz caught yet again.
Let's just hope he never gets near a title fight in the future.
0 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

Neville Bartos

Postby Neville Bartos » Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:24 am

That Wilder fight was an absolute disgrace.
The best example of a collecting a pay-cheque KO I've seen since Tyson fought Spinks.
Stiverne lost the WBC title to Wilder almost 3 years ago. Between then and tonight's embarrassment he's fought once -- a ten round UD against Derric 'who?' Rossy -- 2 years ago.
And yet still people seem to think Joshua is going to get smashed by the bumfighter-in-chief.
Even funnier was Ortiz in the crowd calling Wilder out. Any other sport in the world he'd be on the sidelines for the next four years. The bloke is an idiot and a scumbag.
0 x

Flairon

Postby Flairon » Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:18 am

Deontay Wilder was devastating tonight. I would rank him No. 1 in the World right now with Joshua at No. 2.
0 x
Flairon

Neville Bartos

Postby Neville Bartos » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:05 am

Flairon wrote:Deontay Wilder was devastating tonight. I would rank him No. 1 in the World right now with Joshua at No. 2.

Are you on a wind up? :D
0 x

Flairon

Postby Flairon » Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:58 pm

Neville Bartos wrote:
Flairon wrote:Deontay Wilder was devastating tonight. I would rank him No. 1 in the World right now with Joshua at No. 2.

Not at all. He is a devastating punch (as is Joshua). Having said that, if he threw such wide punches against AJ, he would leave himself open to be drilled down the middle. It really could be a fight of her lands cleanly first, but at this stage, Wilder has the edge on experience.
0 x
Flairon

Neville Bartos

Postby Neville Bartos » Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:18 pm

Flairon wrote:
Neville Bartos wrote:

Not at all. He is a devastating punch (as is Joshua). Having said that, if he threw such wide punches against AJ, he would leave himself open to be drilled down the middle. It really could be a fight of her lands cleanly first, but at this stage, Wilder has the edge on experience.

Wilder can bang, when he's not wildly flailing about the place.
Don't be fooled by the fact Wilder has double the fights, his best opponent wouldn't make it into Joshua's top 3.
Even common opponents Joshua has dispatched more quickly and with less trouble -- Molina being the prime example.
All things being even I'd bet on Joshua landing a big shot before Wilder, but as it's HWs anything could happen.
0 x

Flairon

Postby Flairon » Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:59 pm

Neville Bartos wrote:
Flairon wrote:
Neville Bartos wrote:

Wilder can bang, when he's not wildly flailing about the place.
Don't be fooled by the fact Wilder has double the fights, his best opponent wouldn't make it into Joshua's top 3.
Even common opponents Joshua has dispatched more quickly and with less trouble -- Molina being the prime example.
All things being even I'd bet on Joshua landing a big shot before Wilder, but as it's HWs anything could happen.

You are kidding right!?! With the exception of Klitschko who else on AJ's Resume has the pedigree of Stiverne or for that matter Chris Arreola? Both of those surely rank higher than Takam or Dillian Whyte. Don't get me wrong, I am an AJ fan, but I would fully expect DW to be a slight betting favourite if the fight was to be made today.
0 x
Flairon

Return to “Topical Topics”