Heavyweight Boxing

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
Taansend

Re: Joshua Klitschko

Postby Taansend » Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:57 pm

doughboy wrote:Any idea what the attendance was at Wembley?

There was 11 people there.

Plus two dogs.
0 x

doughboy

Postby doughboy » Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:53 am

Taansend wrote:

There was 11 people there.

Plus two dogs.

I've heard that before somewhere....
0 x
God save the Queen...
Coz tourists are MONEY...!!!

Penguin

Postby Penguin » Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:14 am

I certainly got value from my £20.

A great fight for so many reasons. Hoping we won't see a rematch, but ÁJ moving on to Wilder.
0 x

Castiron

Postby Castiron » Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:48 am

They said 90,000! Amazing.
1 x

JayK

Postby JayK » Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:12 pm

Castiron wrote:

They said 90,000! Amazing.

More than the spuds get there :)
0 x
COYI!!!

Flairon

Postby Flairon » Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:51 pm

And they said boxing was dead.....

Fucking brilliant display by both fighters and refreshing to see such respect for each other before as well as after the fight.
0 x
Flairon

Brookbonds73

Postby Brookbonds73 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:33 pm

I didn't see the fight but listened on the radio and it did indeed sound pretty decent, but let's not get carried away here. Klitchsko was a good fighter but at 41 is way way past his best which was at one stage wasn't that brilliant. Boxing has become a farce and this has done nothing to rekindle it's already tarnished reputation.
0 x
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Pennywise

Postby Pennywise » Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:42 pm

Brookbonds73 wrote:I didn't see the fight but listened on the radio and it did indeed sound pretty decent, but let's not get carried away here. Klitchsko was a good fighter but at 41 is way way past his best which was at one stage wasn't that brilliant. Boxing has become a farce and this has done nothing to rekindle it's already tarnished reputation.

Sorry, you didn't watch it mate, that was the best Klitschko I've seen. Great fight from two great fighters, have a watch, you might change your mind.

As for Boxings reputation; the best heavyweight fight for 15 years, a new marketable young champion, biggest ppv figures for a british fight and the biggest british gate for a fight since the war.

You're right, it can have done nothing for boxing's reputation, absolutely nothing. :i am genuinely amused:
1 x

Brookbonds73

Postby Brookbonds73 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:16 pm

Pennywise wrote:
Brookbonds73 wrote:I didn't see the fight but listened on the radio and it did indeed sound pretty decent, but let's not get carried away here. Klitchsko was a good fighter but at 41 is way way past his best which was at one stage wasn't that brilliant. Boxing has become a farce and this has done nothing to rekindle it's already tarnished reputation.

Sorry, you didn't watch it mate, that was the best Klitschko I've seen. Great fight from two great fighters, have a watch, you might change your mind.

As for Boxings reputation; the best heavyweight fight for 15 years, a new marketable young champion, biggest ppv figures for a british fight and the biggest british gate for a fight since the war.

You're right, it can have done nothing for boxing's reputation, absolutely nothing. :i am genuinely amused:

See I knew I was right, audley Harrison would've killed the pair of em.
0 x
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Taansend

Postby Taansend » Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:34 pm

Pennywise wrote:

90,000 fans. On live telly in over 75 countries. On both Showtime AND HBO here in the States. Millions more watching on the internet.

Boxing is indeed a farce :i am genuinely amused:
0 x

Return to “Topical Topics”