Mayweather v McGregor

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
Gerry G

Re: Mayweather v McGregor

Postby Gerry G » Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:50 pm

jameskel wrote:"in combat sports" fuck me, if he was not the biggest name, then he would have been doing something massively wrong. How many people watch it, last estimate was 63?

If you don't class boxing as a combat sport what do you class it as , a ball sport ?
0 x
West Ham till i die

Pennywise

Postby Pennywise » Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:33 pm

Gerry G wrote:
Pennywise wrote:
Gerry G wrote:
The same Mayweather that was across the ring from McGregor in a 6.5 mill ppv fight you mean ?
Or the same Mayweather that was across the ring from Maidana in a fight that did less than 1 mill ppv ?
Away you go then bigger personality in boxing ?
And yes I meant combat sport of course my apologies

Yes, that Mayweather, the one who has now fought in 2 of the biggest grossing fights in history.

The top 2.

McGregor's biggest ever purse by about 50 times.

Carry on.

Are you purposely sidestepping the question ?
Yes we know boxing is a richer more popular sport than mma that wasn't my question my question was name a bigger personality in combat sport at this time than McGregor ? I figured the 5.5 million ppv difference in fights that both involved Mayweather would emphasise my point being as how you used Mayweather to emphasise yours.

Biggest 'personality.'

Fuck me, I'll give you that.....like I'd agree that Crouch could be the biggest 'personality' in world football.

In terms of how good he is, he isn't even the best guy at his weight, Khabib destroys him.

He is funny though....FFS
0 x

Gerry G

Postby Gerry G » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:11 pm

Pennywise wrote:
Gerry G wrote:
Pennywise wrote:
Yes, that Mayweather, the one who has now fought in 2 of the biggest grossing fights in history.

The top 2.

McGregor's biggest ever purse by about 50 times.

Carry on.

Are you purposely sidestepping the question ?
Yes we know boxing is a richer more popular sport than mma that wasn't my question my question was name a bigger personality in combat sport at this time than McGregor ? I figured the 5.5 million ppv difference in fights that both involved Mayweather would emphasise my point being as how you used Mayweather to emphasise yours.

Biggest 'personality.'

Fuck me, I'll give you that.....like I'd agree that Crouch could be the biggest 'personality' in world football.

In terms of how good he is, he isn't even the best guy at his weight, Khabib destroys him.

He is funny though....FFS

Finally !!

Biggest personality was all i said i didnt mention skill or ability,but you said he wasn't.

Whether we like it or not the old theory about boxing being entertainment as well as sport ( which I've never been happy with personally ) is showing itself today more than ever it's not skills pay the bills anymore it's like many other areas of tv/entertainment,it's a popularity contest.
0 x
West Ham till i die

Return to “Topical Topics”