Tommy Robinson

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
User avatar
h69
Posts: 2915
Joined: Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:51 pm
Location: Ruislip, Middlesex
x 16
x 12

Re: Tommy Robinson

Post by h69 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:07 am

whu wrote:
h69 wrote:
However, I saw a graphic the other day of the priorities for all the govts around the western world ranked and 1 and 2 were Terrorism and Immigration in almost every country including ours so I ask again, what has this march achieved ?
well as all of the FLA marches have been anti-terrorism marches and we all know islamic terror is the biggest threat by far on these shores, i'm pleased i'm in tune with whitehall, thanks for the reaffirming i'm doing the right thing
OK....if you think that only marches have brought this to the attention of the govts fair enough but to be honest, I am pretty sure they are aware....
0 x

User avatar
Neville Bartos
Posts: 2788
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:29 am
Location: Flyyyyyyyyyin'
x 53
x 44

Re: Tommy Robinson

Post by Neville Bartos » Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:44 pm

whu wrote: ...we all know islamic terror is the biggest threat by far on these shores.
Threat to what?
0 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

User avatar
Marco Boogers Boots
Posts: 370
Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:48 am
Location: Muscat, Sultanate of Oman
x 3
x 3

Re: Tommy Robinson

Post by Marco Boogers Boots » Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:35 am

whu wrote:
....we all know islamic terror is the biggest threat by far on these shores
Not true.

It is A THREAT, one of many. Not the biggest by far, in fact terrorism in general (not specifically Islamic) is one of 6 threats to our national security labelled "Tier One Threats" by the National Security Council's Risk Assessment. That puts it on the same priority as:

International military conflict
Cyber
Public health crisis
Major natural hazards (read global warming)
Instability overseas

In fact over the past few years we have spent and will continue to spend far more on technology and people to counter cyber threats than we have on the fight against Islamic terrorism. Though, to be fair that is an area that tends to cost so inflates the budget.

Marches in Westminster about Muslims fit a certain narrative I suppose. Though I'm sure next week the same people will be there demanding that the government do something about Russian state-sponsored bots all over our social media or the Brigade-sized forces within the Chinese Army that sit behind computer screens willfully hacking the Wests' goverments and major corporations (in particular those with military links)................

Maybe not.
0 x

User avatar
FlatCapDave
Posts: 401
Joined: Tue May 15, 2018 9:36 am
x 6
x 5

Re: Tommy Robinson

Post by FlatCapDave » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:34 am

Neville Bartos wrote:
whu wrote: ...we all know islamic terror is the biggest threat by far on these shores.
Threat to what?
Threat to people like you and me who choose to walk the streets.
Marco Boogers Boots wrote:
whu wrote: Marches in Westminster about Muslims fit a certain narrative I suppose. Though I'm sure next week the same people will be there demanding that the government do something about Russian state-sponsored bots all over our social media or the Brigade-sized forces within the Chinese Army that sit behind computer screens willfully hacking the Wests' goverments and major corporations (in particular those with military links)................

Maybe not.
When Russian bots and Chinese computer hackers start driving vehicles into groups of innocent civilians, or trying to blow up trains and buses you'll maybe see a similar response from the average Joe to that of Islamic terrorism.
0 x

User avatar
Marco Boogers Boots
Posts: 370
Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:48 am
Location: Muscat, Sultanate of Oman
x 3
x 3

Re: Tommy Robinson

Post by Marco Boogers Boots » Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:31 pm

FlatCapDave wrote:
Neville Bartos wrote:
Threat to what?
Threat to people like you and me who choose to walk the streets.
Marco Boogers Boots wrote:
When Russian bots and Chinese computer hackers start driving vehicles into groups of innocent civilians, or trying to blow up trains and buses you'll maybe see a similar response from the average Joe to that of Islamic terrorism.
Well, they won’t will they? That’s kind of my point. While the media push the terror stories (I’m not saying they shouldn’t, but they don’t report the rest) perhaps it is fair to say that “average Joe”, as you put it, is not as well informed as they should be.

If people don’t know, that’s one thing. But if they honestly believe that Islamic Terror is as big a threat to national security as one of the largest, richest and most powerful nations on earth stealing the plans for state of the art military hardware and making their own versions - then we truly are fucked.
0 x

User avatar
Oziron
Director of Avatars
Posts: 1960
Joined: Wed May 18, 2016 9:37 pm
x 13
x 8

Re: Tommy Robinson

Post by Oziron » Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:54 pm

Marco Boogers Boots wrote:
whu wrote:
....we all know islamic terror is the biggest threat by far on these shores
Not true.

It is A THREAT, one of many. Not the biggest by far, in fact terrorism in general (not specifically Islamic) is one of 6 threats to our national security labelled "Tier One Threats" by the National Security Council's Risk Assessment. That puts it on the same priority as:

International military conflict
Cyber
Public health crisis
Major natural hazards (read global warming)
Instability overseas

In fact over the past few years we have spent and will continue to spend far more on technology and people to counter cyber threats than we have on the fight against Islamic terrorism. Though, to be fair that is an area that tends to cost so inflates the budget.

Marches in Westminster about Muslims fit a certain narrative I suppose. Though I'm sure next week the same people will be there demanding that the government do something about Russian state-sponsored bots all over our social media or the Brigade-sized forces within the Chinese Army that sit behind computer screens willfully hacking the Wests' goverments and major corporations (in particular those with military links)................

Maybe not.
As an intelligent member of our armed forces i respect your opinion and it's good to get a bit of inside info every now and again.....(your brother is still a cunt though..!!)

ps...How's your wrist...Or was it your ankle...??
0 x

User avatar
FlatCapDave
Posts: 401
Joined: Tue May 15, 2018 9:36 am
x 6
x 5

Re: Tommy Robinson

Post by FlatCapDave » Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:41 pm

Marco Boogers Boots wrote: Well, they won’t will they? That’s kind of my point. While the media push the terror stories (I’m not saying they shouldn’t, but they don’t report the rest) perhaps it is fair to say that “average Joe”, as you put it, is not as well informed as they should be.

If people don’t know, that’s one thing. But if they honestly believe that Islamic Terror is as big a threat to national security as one of the largest, richest and most powerful nations on earth stealing the plans for state of the art military hardware and making their own versions - then we truly are fucked.
Honestly, the media could publish all manner of stories about Russian bots and Chinese hackers, but the truth is that while Islamic terrorists are driving into groups of people, cutting folks heads off and suchlike it's always going to rank higher as a threat by the public.

Is a hacker who can get into military, Government and corporate databases a threat? Of course.

But never, ever, will you be able to convince the public at large that such threats are on a par with people being mowed down in the streets, beheaded or blown up on their way to work.
0 x

User avatar
mkhammer
Posts: 3322
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 11:12 am
x 18
x 21

Re: Tommy Robinson

Post by mkhammer » Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:57 pm

FlatCapDave wrote:
Marco Boogers Boots wrote: Well, they won’t will they? That’s kind of my point. While the media push the terror stories (I’m not saying they shouldn’t, but they don’t report the rest) perhaps it is fair to say that “average Joe”, as you put it, is not as well informed as they should be.

If people don’t know, that’s one thing. But if they honestly believe that Islamic Terror is as big a threat to national security as one of the largest, richest and most powerful nations on earth stealing the plans for state of the art military hardware and making their own versions - then we truly are fucked.
Honestly, the media could publish all manner of stories about Russian bots and Chinese hackers, but the truth is that while Islamic terrorists are driving into groups of people, cutting folks heads off and suchlike it's always going to rank higher as a threat by the public.

Is a hacker who can get into military, Government and corporate databases a threat? Of course.

But never, ever, will you be able to convince the public at large that such threats are on a par with people being mowed down in the streets, beheaded or blown up on their way to work.
A visible attack,such as some of the shit we have seen,is easier for the public to identify with
and has that Shock/Horror...element......
The Cyber attack threat doesn't have that......But I dread to think what would happen,if
any of our banking systems were hacked into,2/3 days of people unable to use their cards
there would be absolute F**king carnage....
0 x

User avatar
whu
Posts: 1860
Joined: Sun May 29, 2016 10:20 am
x 14
x 9

Re: Tommy Robinson

Post by whu » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:34 pm

International military conflict
Cyber
Public health crisis
Major natural hazards (read global warming)
Instability overseas

all of the above we are drip fed what they want us to hear, to keep the masses calm

having your loved one stabbed and killed or run over en masse, really is seen as a bigger threat - ask the people on the street

maybe i should have stated 'feels' the biggest threat or C+P next time

seriously, ask english people what one they fear the most. your official list or my suggestion
0 x
Land based game. Pass and move. Simple.
Want a launching? Try NASA or Firework night.
We're West Ham. It's what we want. Now and always. Amen.

User avatar
Neville Bartos
Posts: 2788
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:29 am
Location: Flyyyyyyyyyin'
x 53
x 44

Re: Tommy Robinson

Post by Neville Bartos » Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:09 am

whu wrote:International military conflict
Cyber
Public health crisis
Major natural hazards (read global warming)
Instability overseas

all of the above we are drip fed what they want us to hear, to keep the masses calm

having your loved one stabbed and killed or run over en masse, really is seen as a bigger threat - ask the people on the street

maybe i should have stated 'feels' the biggest threat or C+P next time

seriously, ask english people what one they fear the most. your official list or my suggestion
You're right about perception. Statistically you're in more danger crossing the road.
But that's the point of terror isn't it? That the perception of risk is grossly disproportionate.
0 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

Post Reply